Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[PICS] New Tyranids vs Tau - 2000 pt
Old 11 Jan 2010, 07:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default [PICS] New Tyranids vs Tau - 2000 pt

My Army List

HQ:
1 Alpha Warrior
Leader Beast; Regenerate; Toxin Sacs; Bonesword Pair; Rending Claws; Shadow in the Warp; Synapse Creature

1 Alpha Warrior
Leader Beast; Regenerate; Toxin Sacs; Bonesword Pair; Rending Claws; Shadow in the Warp; Synapse Creature

Elite:
2 Zoanthrope
Warp Field; Warp Lightning; Warp Lance; Synapse Creature; Shadow in the Warp

3 Zoanthrope

3 Zoanthrope

Troops:
26 Gaunt Brood
Adrenaline Glands; Toxin Sacs; Spinefists; Instinctive Behavior

30 Gaunt Brood
Adrenaline Glands; Toxin Sacs; Spinefists; Strangle Web (x3); Instinctive Behavior

30 Gaunt Brood
Adrenaline Glands; Toxin Sacs; Spinefists; Strangle Web (x3); Instinctive Behavior

Fast Attack:
4 Winged Warriors
Toxin Sacs; Rending Claws; Scything Talons; Wings; Shadow in the Warp; Synapse Creature

Heavy Support:
3 Biovore
Living Bomb; Spore Mine Launcher

1 Trygon Alpha
Underground Attack; Bio-Electric Field Alpha; Shadow in the Warp; Synapse Creature

Total Roster Cost: 1997

STORE CLOSING! END OF GAME

WINNER: TYRANIDS

More good reports. +1, keep it up. ~Gada
Old 11 Jan 2010, 23:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: [PICS] New Tyranids vs Tau - 2000 pt

Nice to see some batreps going up!

Just wondering what your thoughts were about army composition. rom what i can see you've played a nice swarm army here, a heavier warrior / carnifex army, and a hybrid army.

In the 5th ed codex, what do you feel the weaknesses/strengths were?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Wu
You must conserve shampoo for the greater good.
AussieLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2010, 05:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou

I had posted my thoughts in the 3rd game impressions thread, but here i'll copy n paste it for you

Quote:
So I played 3 games today with the new Tyranids.

Game 1 vs Eldar
Game 2 vs Sisters of Battle
Game 3 vs Tau

Eldar got wiped out (Annihilation)
Sisters gave me a REALLY REALLY tough battle, jeez how many times can they make a 3+ inv on every friggin model....but I won at the very last minute (Capture & Control)
Tau was about to be wiped out, we had to call the game at the end of turn 3 because the store was closing but the outcome was already pretty much decided with a possible annihilation on turn 4 dependin on how far he could've gotten with his crisis suits assault moves. (Seize Ground)

Peformance Ratings
Game 1
- Best Units : Deathspitter Warriors, Alpha Warrior
- Average Units: CC Carnifex, Venom Cannon Fex
- Worst Units: None

Game 2
- Best Units : Barbed Strangler Warrior, Bio-Plasma CC Carnifex, Alpha Warrior
- Average Units: Dual Bonesword Warriors, Trygon
- Worst Units: Venom Cannon Fex

Game 3
- Best Units : Alpha Warrior, Biovore, Zoanthropes, Spinegaunts
- Average Units: Trygon
- Worst Units: None

Overall
- Best Units : Alpha Warrior, Zoanthropes, Biovores, Barbed Strangler Warrior

Alpha Warriors are the shizzle ma nizzle! lol, seriously that's my new favorite HQ I hid them everywhere, with warriors, gaunts, carnifexes! They are GREAT in carnifex units, to take extra hits and then with regenerate they can just regain those lost wounds after. In warrior squads the added BS is a nice boost tho don't expect TOO much from it. And hiding them with gaunts and pushing up on enemies is also great at keeping the gaunts in line and sneaking in that alpha warrior to key positions.

Zoanthropes as always outperformed damn near everything else and my tau opponent soon made them his #1 priority after seeing them warp blast his units away. Definetly the best unit in the codex or at least in the top 5.

Biovores are a menace i just can't stress this enough if they were cheaper to buy i would try to get myself another 3 biovores these guys are just mean! I wiped out a unit every time I shot them, first a pahtfinder unit, then 2 fire warriors units. I love the new biovores.

Barbed Strangler warriors are niceee what can i say forcing the enemy to take pinning tests and even if they pass that's still a large blast S4 that they have to deal with usually breaking their formations.

- Average Units: All other Warriors, CC Carnifex, Spinegaunts

The warriors did well they can survive a LOT of non-ID fire. That was really sweet seeing how resilient they are, however once the ID shots start pouring in, say byebye warriors!

I souped up the spinegaunts and they did really really well at killing tau crisis suits like there's no tomorrow and even destroying a devilfish. I also noticed spinefist is a pretty respectable range once you mass fire them. I was getting plenty wounds on whatever i shot.

The CC Fex, the 'vanilla' fex worked pretty well, posing a threat and killing stuff it was even better with Bio-plasma. I'm starting to think that bio-plasma is a must have! Shooting a 12" Plasma Cannon is no joke! melts marines pretty easy.

- Worst Units: Venom Fex, Trygon

The trygon did better in these games than in my first attempt at using him, however he never made back his points, died too easily and due to popping him up away from the action to avoid having him killed right off he normally did not serve that much of an important role. He did help wipe out an essential sisters of battle troop choice in CC but he was slaughtered in return...beat by a girl(s)

Venom Fex wasn't doing so good couldn't penetrate AV 13 or even glance it. However they were pretty good at killing eldar but then again so was everything else.

Battle Reports definetly coming for all 3 games sorry I never posted my last Tau game I just looked at the pics and compared to playing at GW at home it looks so much 'cheaper' that i decided to skip on it and just wait to play some games at GW. But that game i won by annihation as well on turn 6.

So far my new nids have the current record:

5 Wins
0 Losses
1 Game undecided (against sisters of battle, due to only getting to turn 3 or something and both of us having strong units still alive)
Old 12 Jan 2010, 16:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I have a question: From your experiences, does it seem winged warriors are now useful? I'm especially concerned with winged melee warriors, as I've always found them to be beautiful models and I wish they were good enough to be used on the field. I know that in 4E the universal consensus, even among the most open minded players was always F*** no, but I'm thinking that with furious charge or poisoned attacks plus an extra wound they might be worth SOMETHING.
deathmetalexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2010, 02:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yes i've actually used them in a couple games now and they have proved useful, the extra wound is right up their alley. Let's them survive long enough to get into combat and do their thing.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 18:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Oh man, that sounds excellent.

Eh... Then again now I have to deal with forgeworld wings... Kaching
deathmetalexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote