Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Wamp Gataz enter a 1k tourney (pics) 01/03/10
Old 03 Jan 2010, 15:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Wamp Gataz enter a 1k tourney (pics) 01/03/10

“Hey Sarge check it out…a shooting star. Make a wish.” Cracked Corporal Dawson sarcastically as he puffed through his tenth rank weed cig in the last twenty minutes, trying to fill the void of boredom. The pair was resting atop their Chimera, I mean guarding the frigid dig site located in sector eight of the frozen tundra of Pescon VI. The 296th Cadians had been attached to the one of the local IG regiments nicknamed the Trenchers to protect the planet. Once rich deposits of ore had been found it had been colonized, and with so many of the homeworld regiments off fighting the enemies of the Imperium it was up to the 296th to supplement the indigenous military. Protecting was the last thing the IG regiments had done, now having served planet side for two years getting complacent. Maybe their luck would change.

“I wish they’d get us off this damn rock. There’s no action here, and guarding tech priest surveyors was not what I thought I’d be doing in the IG. We didn’t make it off Cadia to sit on our butts. “Call in the HQ and give them our hourly sitrep; situation unchanged---all secure.”

Dawson hopped into the back of the opened transport, fiddled with the commsec dials for a minute with a confused expression on his face, then came out to report. “Sarge I’m getting nothing but static. I can’t reach anyone. Weird huh?”

“Relax big boy, I’z tellin ya its dat planet wez suppose attack for Ghazghkull,” stated Sparkles in his higher than normal voice as he placed his non-bionic hand on Finkaboy’s back.

The other mek quickly swatted away his grubby paws, and yelled, “just cause dat ones all pretty don’t mean its da one wez supposed to attack, sides that’s a moon not a planet. I read, yes I can read, da reports from Meksnikk and dis is da planet wez supposed invade here! Member my name is Finkaboy for a reason, and youz Sparkles cause you’re all glowy and stuff, not cause you smart. Did you fink up da umie talky jammah? No I did, so shut up!” Finkaboy picked up the cockpit talky talk and informed Goffsnikk the target planet was in sight. Sparkles huffed, spun around on his tracks, snapped his fingers in a z pattern, and left for the hangar bay to prepare for the assault.

His gruff voice came back, “You sure? Dere are a lot a Orks in dis system following Ghazghkull. I know Grumgutz is fightin dem red beakies, and Grubbynutz has dem ova beakies. I want a planet just for da Wamp Gataz.”

“Dats da one boss, me calkulations iz right.” Red lights filled the inner workings of the Krooza Big Big Trukk, signaling to the Wamp Gataz that the planetary invasion force could deploy. Finkaboy could hear Twitch clapping his hands in the background yelling, ‘allright boyz boyz, lets go crump some umies.’

This was the first game of a 1k tourney I entered a while ago. Having a baby has distracted me quite a bit from 40k and battrep writing, but I wanted to get this out at least. I only ended up taking notes for the first game, so that’s the only one I’ll give a detailed battrep for, but I’ll include pictures from the other two games and brief summaries as well. Hope you enjoy, since I probably won’t be playing for a while, and C & C is always welcome.

Wamp Gataz:
Warphead Twitch
Hole Punchas—lootas X 10
Bloo Clovah big shoota, PK, BP, shootas X 10 in trukk w /rokkit/ram (Sparkles’ ride)
Snipah Snipah BS, PK, BP, shootas X 11 in trukk w/rokkit/ram
Grimmskimmah PK, BP, sluggaz X 11 in trukk w rokkit/ram
Grots X 11 + runtherder
Koptas: Mavork (TLBS, buzzsaw) and Iceork (TLRL)
Zookakan: Daemon Sittah
Zookakan: Pie Makah
Telli’s lobbas X 2, ammo runts X 2

296th Cadians
Command squad with missile launcher
Infantry squads X 2 with missile launchers and plasma guns
Lascannon squad with 3 lascannons
Chimera with multilaser
Sentinel with plasma cannon
Veterans with plasma guns
Demolisher with plasma side guns
Demolisher with plasma side guns

Game 1: Vs IG

Deployment: Spearhead
Mission: Seize Ground 4 objectives the missile near the woods in the lower right, the barrel between the snowy hills on the left, the metal box to the left of the woods at the top of the board, and a Commisar Yarrick statue near the command squad.
Terrain: Arctic tundra

The frozen tundra seperated the two armies with a large dead man's zone in the middle

Pregame thoughts: Ouch that’s a lot of firepower and plasma death. Luckily I have first turn, so I’m hoping my koptas can damage those demolishers before they start frying Orks. They turboscout right in front of the pair of tanks.

Turn 1: Go get’m koptas…..or not
O: Twitch and Deamon Sittah headed to the left while everyone else went right. Iceork lost his cool and wiffed with his rokkits while Mavork did the same with his buzzsaw. Now they are staring down the whole army. Telli’s grots do a better job and kill 6 of 8 in the command squad with a well placed pair of lobba rounds.

IG: The lascannons took aim at the koptas, and knocked Iceork’s out of the sky, which forced Mavork to rethink his postion and he fled. A missile flew into the face of Pie Makah and blew the top half clean off wrecking the kan. Daemon Sittah fared a little better and was only stunned. The two tanks managed to do nothing.

Turn 2:
O: Mavork regroups and heads behind the snow covered hill on the right flank. The Hole Punchas decided the lascannons were too big a threat to the trukks and wipe them out with their deffgunz. Grimmskimmah hoped out of his trukk and tore the demolisher cannon off the rear tank and stunned the crew, while his boyz stung their hands on the other tanks hard armor.

Bye bye big gun

IG: The other demolisher backed up and fried a few boys with plasma, and despite Grimmskimmah eadbutting one of them, they take off South. A couple lootas are fragged to death with missiles, but not enough to force a morale check.

Turn 3: Never underestimate Ork shooting

O: Twitch along with the new guy, get in position to charge the furthest back infantry squad near the sentinel. Grimmskimmah regrouped his coward squad and realized there were too few to do any good, so they start looting the nearby objective. Snipah Snipah’s shootas kill the command squad, his trukk blew up the sentinel, the Hole Punchas take out the Chimera, and Telli’s lobbas kill a few hiding behind the wrecked Chimera and pin them. Twitch, the new guy, and his shootas slaughter the IG infantry squad then consolidate on the metal box objective.

IG: Snipah Snipah’s trukk took a demolisher cannon round which vaporized it and four boyz. The veterans managed to blow off the rokkit on Grimmskimmah’s trukk.

Turn 4: Time to move

O: The Runtherd ordered his grots to start siphoning the gas from the barrel objective. Mavork decapitated one veteran with his big shoota then did the same to two more with his buzzsaw, while they jumped like white kids trying to hit his kopta. Snipah Snipah’s boyz gun down, charge, and kill the last infantry squad then consolidate onto the last objective. Daemon Sittah got some revenge and pulled the crew out of the demolisher and crushed them all, then finished off their tank. The previously damaged one got glanced to death by deffgunz.

Result: Ork massacre. Time was called, and the Wamp Gataz had all the objectives and wiped the board of IG. I forgot how squishy IG were once you got close. Those tanks were a pain since my boyz couldn’t hurt them at all.

“Heeey, Grimmskimmah can you bend ova and git my wrench soz I can fix Iceork’s Kopta?” questioned Sparkles….quietly he whisperd, “dats right you git it.” The nob grabbed the wrench and tossed it to the big mek, then quickly walked back to his trukk.

“Somefins wrong wit dat one,” stated Grimmskimmah as he looked over his shoulder at the strange mek.

“I know know what you mean Grimmskimmah. I nevah nevah liked da way he looked at me. Fink someday someday I’ll have to zzap iz ead off.” Said the warphead, his eyes glowing green.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2010, 15:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Wamp Gataz enter a 1k tourney (pics) 01/03/10

Game 2: vs IG

Deployment: Dawn of War
Mission: Capture and Control. Mine was in the lower right and his was straight across.
Terrain: Desert

58th Trenchers
Krell Creed with Command squad
Infantry squad of 10 men X 3 with missile and plasma
Psyker battle squad X 10
Colossus X 2

Just before the tanks come rolling in

After weeks of traveling South the Wamp Gataz got their first glimmer of hope a battle may be brewing. Finkaboy had fashioned a crude device to track the IG tank movements and had spotted a pair up ahead a few miles. Finkaboy suggested that Twitch take the new guy and scout ahead while the rest of the boyz brought up the rear.

Twitch skimmed past a pyramid and notified the driver too late that the rocky crags were filled with guardsman. Missiles streaked out and blew the trukk to bits, killing a few boys in the process. The rest of the passengers were guned down by volley after volley of lasgun fire and the massive shells from a pair of Colossi. Oops thought Finkaboy, guess the tanks were closer than he thought, and went back to adjusting the radah.

Telli’s lobbas took a drastic toll on the entrenched IG, pinning quite a few of them and stopping the commanders from issuing orders. Snipah Snipah’s trukk karreen into their lines, as Grimmskimmah’s boys hopped out while the trukk ran over a few guardsman. Together with the koptas, the boys cleared the objective of Imperials soliders, and Grimmskimah’s trukk manged to blow up a colossus with its rokkit.

Tank shock HOOOOO!

The psykers melted Daemon Sittah, but were eventually wiped out when the lootas finally got into position on the left flank and added their fire with Pie Makah’s grotzooka.

With their forces all but defeat the remaining guardsman piled on top the last tank and fled the field of battle.

Result: Ork massacre. I have to say this army looked awesome with all the conversions he did on his infantrymen. He said he used Bretonian torsos and heads I think, but I'm not sure. Probably the coolest looking guard I've seen in person.

Flash kind of takes out the detail, but they looked cool.

Game 3: vs Eldar

Deployment: Spearhead for me
Mission: KP I had 14 he had 8
Terrain: Urban city

Eldar Warhost
Autarch with Dire Avengers X 5 in wave serpent
Dire Avengers X 5 in wave serpent
Harlies X 6 in Flacon
Fire Prism

A figure, almost as invisible as air itself, watched the approaching hoard with concern on his face. “We must stop these beasts before they discover our secrets. The humans obviously cannot stop them, so we must.”

“But Autarch they’ll never figure out this was once a maiden world, or where the entrance to our catacombs are.”

“Never underestimate them. They make look and act crude, but there are those in their midst that can harness very powerful energies. No we take them out now, ready the warhost.”

************************************************** ************************************

Twitch felt something was wrong the minute they entered the ruined city. Though Orks didn’t typically ask questions other than where’s da fight, Twitch wondered why this city was abandoned, and why there were no umie scouts around. He ordered the trukks and kans to fan out while the lootas and Telli took position in a building.

His answer came sliently when the panzee skimmers floated in and blew up his trukk. A few boyz were killed, and looking at the harliquins about to charge him, he decide to make a tactical withdrawl. Grimmskimmah’s trukk was also dismantled by the Eldar weapons.

Grimmskimmah: "Dudes where's my car?"

Twitch: "Yeah don't think I'll fight them.....run!"

The Hole Punchas managed to knock one of the wave serpents out of the sky, and Twitch frazzled one squad of dire avengers into oblivion. Slowly but surely the Orks were killed one by one by the untouchable skimmers. The Wamp Gataz took a toll on their panzee enemies though and killed everything that wasn’t mechanical. In the end the boyz left to get some bigger guns.

"I'm safe up here right?" Nope skimmers can still tank shock you.

Result: I lost 4:6, and ended up 3rd overall, meaning I didn’t get any prize money, but I had a great time. I need to get a rematch against that Eldar player though. I forgot to bring in my koptas the whole game, and my target priority kind of stunk. It was tough since he kept his whole army in reserves, so I had nothing to do for the first two rounds. I just kept rolling like klkn on the damage tables.

Final Thoughts: Well I had a good time, and it all came down to that last game. Should have played a little smarter. The MVP was probably Telli and his lobbas. I wasn't sure about taking them at first, but they absolutely destroyed the IG, and pinned more than one unit. Not sure if Twitch did well, cause I honestly forget everything he did except frazzling that dire avengers squad. I still like to bring him though, he's fun and you never know what he'll do. The grots were also great, and took objectives in both scenarios with them. I don't think I'll make a list without those 40 point guys.
Old 04 Jan 2010, 03:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Excellent reports.

You really pounded those IG guys in the first two games. Love to see the lobbaz working wonders for you. I think all your experience against Daemons has set you in good stead for killing IG (who are defensively similar if offensively different from daemons).

Those "Trenchers" are pretty cool. I think I've seen other people do similar conversions, even with rough riders. Maybe it was in White Dwarf?

Shame about the last game. Running into mech eldar (who are kings of KP prevention btw) in a kill point game is rotten luck, especially considering that it takes a lot more dakka than orks are used to mustering to bring down a wave serpent or a falcon. Though I'd pay money to see Twitch blast a falcon out of the sky with Zzap. That would be awesome.

It's just one of those games where you probably wish your kanz had rokkitz. Just like how I wish my kanz had grotzookas when I run into other orks or ig. ;D
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2010, 05:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thanks for the reply and the compliments.

Both IG armies seemed scary with all their gunz, but folded like cheap paper once I got close. I think I've seen those Trenchers before too, he said he got the idea online. If I ever did IG, I would definitely not do Cadians or Catachans.

That Eldar player ended up winning, so I don't feel too bad, though if I beat him I would have won. No one brought enough anti-tank for four Eldar skimmers. I messed up target priority too though. I should have taken out both wave serpents with the lootas before trying to hurt the falcon and fire prism. I took out one and then started shooting the falcon. Honestly the Eldar could have beaten me more easily if he'd just concentrated on the lootas, and then never left the transports. I killed everything that touched the ground.

In the next tourney I tried out the rokkit kans and loved them, until I realized they weren't twin linked. After that the extra two strength was negated by having half the number of shots. If I had remembered to bring in my koptas, that could have made a difference; stupid me.
Old 04 Jan 2010, 11:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hi Scoutfox!
Great report, always glad to see Twitch and the ladz do decent work.
BTW, you actually killed more % wise on the last game than your opponent, just that well... having a bit more in the way of KP than that speedy Eldar probably didn't help.
Fully-tricked out Eldar is a pain no matter what the point cost. But at least you didn't have to worry about Turn 5 Skimmer-shock!
But in any case, it's nice to see that IG was very vulnerable to the Lootas, and gosh I missed Telli. I am impressed by your Lobbas every time they come out. I tried them once, but it was vs Daemons (Yes, we all know how well THAT went...), but anything with a middling Ld is going to be in trouble! Low points for IG I have found makes it a bit hard for them, as they can't play their full-mech shenanigans as they can't board up too well on heavies otherwise...
Anyway, great post, and hope to see more!

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2010, 16:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, I like to bring Twitch, cause you never know what he's going to do. One reason I hate KP, so I tweaked my list and dropped down to 10 KP for the next tourney. I won't be posting that one, since I didn't take any notes, and all the pictures came out horribly.

The lobbas have never failed me really, and I can see always bringing them until I get to the higher points games like you. Under that there isn't as much competition for those three heavy spots. Its not only crappy save/leadership the lobbas work on though. I have blown apart my share of Space Marines; wounding on 3's is nice.

There was one IG player there that did a fully mechanized force. He had 6-8 Chimeras with vets inside. He was doing well until he fought one of the other Ork players.

I hope to play more, but I won't promise anything. The Wamp Gataz might just be watching Grumgutz and Grubbynutz on the pictcha tubey for a while.
Old 04 Jan 2010, 17:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
Thanks for the reply and the compliments.

Both IG armies seemed scary with all their gunz, but folded like cheap paper once I got close. I think I've seen those Trenchers before too, he said he got the idea online. If I ever did IG, I would definitely not do Cadians or Catachans.
I've always thought that a feral worlder army would be cool, using chaos marauders bitz-mashed with catachans.

Quote:
That Eldar player ended up winning, so I don't feel too bad, though if I beat him I would have won. No one brought enough anti-tank for four Eldar skimmers. I messed up target priority too though. I should have taken out both wave serpents with the lootas before trying to hurt the falcon and fire prism. I took out one and then started shooting the falcon.
Yeah, holofields are a pain in the butt. The good side is that due to all our anti-tank being strength 8 or below, we don't give a flying squig about the serpent force fields.

Quote:
Honestly the Eldar could have beaten me more easily if he'd just concentrated on the lootas, and then never left the transports. I killed everything that touched the ground.
Though, if he had targetted the lootaz, you could have also have assaulted the wave serpents with your trukk squads, because one of them might have survived longer. You have the speed to get to him if he doesn't dismount you first. And while you'll be needing 6s to hit, I'll wager that a full trukkboy squad assaulting a wave serpent is bound to do SOMETHING nasty to it.

Quote:
In the next tourney I tried out the rokkit kans and loved them, until I realized they weren't twin linked. After that the extra two strength was negated by having half the number of shots.
Not against armor 12 it's not. You need those penetrating hits. Against armor ten you're absolutely right. Grotzookas are da best.

Regarding the twin linked though, that's pretty funny. I'm constantly being asked by opponents if my kan rokkitz are twin linked. Just the way they're modelled, I guess.

Quote:
If I had remembered to bring in my koptas, that could have made a difference; stupid me.
Definitely! Mavork in particular might have been able to catch the falcon on a turn where it was moving combat speed to fire all its weapons. That would have been beautiful.
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2010, 02:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

If the rokkitkans were twinlinked I'd definitely make up a couple of those. With the one shot though.....I hate relying on orky/grot BS with high strength shots, unless they are pie plates. I'll stick to my grotzookas, and hope my nobs can catch skimmers with their hands. That's where Grimmskimmah earned his name.

The hardest part was that he held his entire army in reserves, which made me spread out to deal with any possible approaches. When he came in he put all the transports on the left, as you can see in the pictures. The fire prism was on the right, but really didn't do anything. What I should have done is kept all my forces compact, so he would have had to come to me, and then I could have hit him with everything at once.