Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Y'He Or'es Cadre vs Tyranids [1850] Part 1
Old 27 Nov 2009, 06:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman
Default Y'He Or'es Cadre vs Tyranids [1850] Part 1

"He can obliterate the Space Wolves," Calgar thought aloud as he watched over the planet Dygos. His view screens picked up signals of Tyranid spores dropping to the planet's southern rim and heading towards the Tau complex, "but he couldn't stop the Tyranids so much as you could sweep away grains of salt out of the sea. Such a task requires titanic destruction."

The Tyranids have outflanked the Tau force trying to meet an isolated front of the swarm.

EDIT: Apparently, my opponent brought 2,000 points of Nids.

(Note, these are the only upgrades I remember.)
TYRANIDS - ? ? ? points
HQ - Broodlord w/12 Genestealers, 4+ arm

HQ - 3 Tyranid Warriors
1 w/Barbed Strangler, Spinefists
2 w/Twin-linked Deathspitters

ELITES - 3 Tyranid Warriors

ELITES - 3 Tyranid Warriors

ELITES - 2 Lictors

TROOPS - 10 Genestealers w/Scuttlers, 4+ arm

TROOPS - 30 Termagaunts

TROOPS - 30 Termagaunts

TROOPS - 30 Termagaunts

===============

In case anybody forgot or something...
Y'he Or'es Cadre
HQ – Shas’o Commander Dram’Ka
Missile Pod, Fusion Blaster; Shield Generator
2 Shield Drones, Multi-tracker, Stims, Iridium Armor, target lock
Bodyguard
Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Shield Generator
Multi-tracker, 2 Gun Drones, Failsafe

HQ – Ethereal and Honor Guard
11 Honor Guard
Warfish
SMS, Burst Cannon
Multi-tracker, Targeting Array, Disruption Pod

TROOPS – 9 Fire Warriors
All w/Pulse Rifles

TROOPS – 9 Fire Warriors
All w/Pulse Rifles

ELITES – 6 Stealthsuits
1 Team Leader w/marker drone and fusion blaster, target lock
All else w/2 Gun Drones

FAST ATTACK – Pathfinders
8 w/pulse carbines and markerlights
Hellfish
SMS, Burst Cannon
Multi-tracker, Targeting Array, Disruption Pod

HEAVY SUPPORT – Invincible
2 Burst Cannons, Railgun
Multi-tracker, Disruption Pod, Target Lock, Blacksun Filter

HEAVY SUPPORT – Killer
2 Burst Cannons, Railgun
Multi-tracker, Disruption Pod, Target Lock, Blacksun Filter

HEAVY SUPPORT – Lesser Important
Sky Ray w/2 Burst Cannons
Multi-tracker, Disruption Pod, Target Array

==============
MISSION: ANNIHILATION
DEPLOYMENT: DAWN OF WAR

I've played against this opponent twice before, once against his Necrons combined with a Tyranid Godzilla force, and against his Necrons + Space Marine force. The second time was with a list somewhat similiar to the Y'he Or'es outline, but with very different units. That game ended in a very close to wipe-out on his side (Necrons passed 3 WBB rolls they needed to stay alive at the end of turn 5).

TURN ONE
My opponent didn't want to steal the Initiative nor was he interested in setting up any units on the board. I didn't see his army list prior to the game, and I assumed 1. Broodlord, and 2. Genestealers. What I was not expecting was the massive horde that came out his table edge.

But in any case, I deployed my forces to deny him the ability to Infiltrate effectively and to use my HQ as a counter-attack unit. I then crunched all of my forces in the center opening. This would force any Outflankers to footslog over the ruins and give me the ability to gun them down before whatever was out there close. I also tried denying him good Deep Strike positions.

In his turn, my eyes were not deceiving me. My opponent actually used 90 Termagaunts. Him being a Necron player, I immediately recognized his strategy. Give the back rows cover saves regardless of position, and advance forward on the march. The difference was that this was on a faster scale, and was designed to break lose and cause havoc all over the place once they reached the center.

That wasn't a problem to me. The problem that I was worried about were the Outflankers and Reserves he had. They came on the board, but none of his Warriors caught sight of anything.

===============

TURN TWO
In my turn, I lite up the Tyranid Warrior squad in the center with Pathfinders and the Sky Ray and launched 6 Seeker Missiles in 1 turn. Out all that shooting, only one actually hit and wounded. The rest were fried with blasting railguns, Dram'Ka's missile pod, and some pulse fire from the Fire Warriors. So he's only got 1 left (the Barbed Strangler of course). The Fire Warriors shot the Gaunts up front.

In his turn 2, he moved and ran almost everything up forward. His Warrior's weapons and the front row of Gaunts shot down my Fire Warriors up front. Twin-linked Deathspitters and a Barbed Strangler forced back my Pathfinders.

===============

TURN THREE
Ok, here's one of the most important pictures of the game. The Genestealers and Broodlord arrive. I am somewhat outflanked but not completely surrounded. I had a few options. I wonder what you'd do. I thought of all of these in about 3 minutes.

1. Back everything up completely and try to hold them off as they come near.
2. Move forward and press against the large frontal force.
3. Back up to the right, leaving the Pathfinders and Fire Warriors as units to slow down the left flank.
4. Press a hard attack to the left, slow down the frontal assault, and ignore the right flank or casualties.
5. Split up my forces.

I chose #4 and 5. My strategy, remember, is how to best completely annihilate my opponent's army list, first by focusing on the biggest threat. In this case, it was the Broodlord and all those Genestealers in those ruins. After the Pathfinders regrouped, I moved Warfish into the ruins (this was designed to cramp his Lictors if they tried getting in over there), Invincible, and Hellfish up to the edge.

"Oooo, come closer to me!" he said with haste. He realized that I had some sort of plan going, but wasn't quite sure what it was. Then Hellfish unloaded the Ethereal and his Honor Guard. "Ethereal? What's useful about the Ethereal?" "Fearless BS:4 Fire Warriors", I replied.

Lesser Important, the Sky Ray, shot his Markerlights over at the Broodlord and scored 2 hits. He then shot his burst cannons into the gaunts up front. The Stealthsuit's Marker Drone also scored a hit on the Gaunts, upgrading 25 pulse shots to +1 BS, and with Killer's Burst Cannons, brought 22 Gaunts down to 4. The survivors fell back.

The two Markerlight hits on the Broodlord were used to add +1 BS to the Honor Guard and Fire Warriors. After a slightly-scattered Railgun shot from Killer, Hellfish's SMS, the Fire Warriors hitting on 3s, and some burst cannons from Invincible, the Broodlord is still there without a wound and he still had about half of the Genestealers. Then the Honor Guard hammered 22 pulse shots with 2s to hit and 3s to wound, forcing him to make 14 armor saves. His Broodlord is wounded and he easily lost all of the Genestealers. May I give note to the reader that my opponent was making over-average cover saves.

The Pathfinders make pop-shots on the remaining Broodlord. It was Dram'Ka I believe who finished him off with his missile pod. Warfish, with nothing better to do, shot at the Genestealers behind.

I would've loved to see a panicking Tau player try and do this with large number of battlesuits and without any markerlights or Honor Guard. My Honor Guard and 9 Fire Warriors, costing 262 points together, made twice the number of wounds that 9 Deathrain Battlesuits could achieve.

My opponent was fairly surprised I'm sure. He lost his first wave of Gaunts while at the same time his Broodlord and his Bodyguards. His 4 Gaunts auto-rallied and consolidated into cover. Once again, the force moves in closer. He takes some shots at my Stealthsuits, but missed sight.

The 2 Lictors Deep Strike on target in the ruins to the left, much to my surprise my opponent took the risk. The last unit of Genestealers also come in on the left. I figured he would split up his attack against Warfish, the Fire Warriors, and the Ethereal + Honor Guard. Instead, he assaulted everything against the Ethereal + Honor Guard, except the Genestealers in the ruins who attacked the Fire Warriors.
In the combat, his Lictor was wounded in the attack and I think he lost 2 Genestealers, but while the Fearless unit remained, they were wiped out from the armor saves required to be made when losing an assault. The Fire Warriors were also wiped out.

===============

TURN FOUR
My army passes Leadership, except for the Pathfinders who fall back off the table. My battlesuits now have Preferred Enemy. Just to note, my opponent is winning by 1 at this point. I moved Hellfish back towards the center and moved up Lesser Important and Killer to the left. Warfish moved out of the ruins up against my table edge. I'm forcing my opponent to go on a wild goose chase.

Lesser Important lit up one of the Lictors, reducing his cover save by 1. Warfish hammered into him but inflicted no wounds. Invincible and Hellfish pulse the 4 hiding Gaunts to death. Invincible shoots at the Tyranid Warriors, killing 1, but also taking a few Gaunts with it. Dram'Ka used his target lock and killed the last remaining Tyranid Warrior in the center. The rest of his unit and the Stealthsuits pulverize the second wave of Gaunts and then commence an assault on them. It was a slaughtering victory winning by 7 kills, forcing my opponent to take 7 armor saves with 6+ armor for being Fearless.

In his turn, my opponent tried shooting at Hellfish with his Tyranid Warriors, but did nothing. He then moved up his last wave of Gaunts, and assaulted the battle suits. In that combat, my battlesuits kill off the rest of the second wave as the third succeeds in only wounding Dram'Ka, bypassing his 2+ armor save and Feel No Pain.

The two Lictors and the other Genestealers assault Warfish, but only shake him and rip off his SMS. I am now winning.

===============

TURN FIVE
My vehicles fight overtime. Warfish moves 12" away from his threat while Hellfish also moves away and exposes the Genestealers to my two Hammerheads. After his pulsing and a single Railgun from Killer, all the Genestealers there are dead.

Lesser Important picks off a few more Genestealers and Invincible misses with his Railgun at both Lictors and the Genestealers. (Actually, he grazed the Lictors but they made saves).

In combat, my Stealthsuits assaulted the final wave of Gaunts (my opponent told me that even though the second wave was destroyed, the third wave wasn't actually engaged with the Stealthsuits, only Dram'Ka. So it was a re-assault). The third wave of Gaunts are once again pulverized, but surprisingly passed 2 of 2 armor saves in the 'No Retreat' rule.

In my opponent's turn, he pulled a last-effort attack, piling the Lictors and Genestealers onto... of all things, Invincible. They stunned and shook him a few times. I love that vehicle. :P

The last wave of Gaunts do little damage, but finish off the rest of the Steathsuit's drones. Together, my Battlesuits kill off the rest of the Gaunts, inflicting extremely high casualties, finish them off, and move towards the Tyranid Warriors on the hill.

My battlesuits just finished killing almost 40 gaunts with their bare hands. Yup, Tau, even the Battlesuits, die easily to the might of anything combat worthy. Dram'Ka held up Logan in combat for 4 rounds of combat. He's also killed a Hive Tyrant with his bare fists and lasted 6 rounds of combat, 4 with a Hive Tyrant with the Ethereal's Honor Guard, and 2 with a Carnifex, 6 Gaunts, and 2 Zoanthropes in another game as well as a Hive Tyrant for 8 rounds of combat in another, all the past 4 games. You should've seen him kill 7 Thousand Sons with his bare hands.

===============

TURN SIX
At this point in time, the Genestealers on the far right were finally clearing the ruins (my opponent tried running them straight through the whole thing rather than around). I did a little bit of thinking to get this accomplished.

Warfish killed the Lictor with 1 wound. Lesser Important lit up one Lictor and pulsed him to death with his burst cannons. The other markerlight shot at the Tyranid Warriors in the far left. Killer got his Railgun to eliminate the Genestealers caught in the open, and gunned down a surprising 4 Genestealers behind him. Hellfish used the other Markerlight to put in a kill on the Tyranid Warriors in the left ruins.

Dram'Ka and the Stealthsuits move up the hill, and despite a failed Markerlight hit, shoot and assault the Tyranid Warriors. One remain with a single wound.

The Tyranids moved the Genestealers out and assault Lesser Important in the rear, but do nothing. the 2 remaining Tyranid Warriors move up and shoot Hellfish, but do no damage. In combat, my Battlesuits easily maul the Tyranid Warrior and move out towards the last two Tyranid Warriors.

===============

TURN SEVEN
Hellfish, Invincible, and Dram'Ka take long-shots at the last 2 Tyranid Warriors and kill them. Killer completely misses the Genestealers with his Railgun, but his Burst Cannons and Lesser Important's Burst Cannons kill off the rest of the Genestealers save for 1.

In my opponent's turn, the Genestealer assaults Lesser Important, and shakes him.

The massacre is over.

== POST GAME CARNAGE REPORT ==
My opponent lost 1830 points out of 1850.

I lost 637 out of 1850, about 34% of my army, killing 1213 points more than my opponent (which means I have 1213 points on the board to his 20). I won by 7 Kill Points, 12 to 5.

Calgar couldn't believe his eyes. The Tyranids were being held off. But as he shifted his gaze around the broken icebergs floating to shore, another wave of Tyranids were eagerly waiting for a beach landing behind the Tau city. Dram'Ka and his battered forces return this city. These Tyranids were filled with titanic monstrous beasts. Calgar watched eagerly to gain more information on Dram'Ka. He was sure the city would send such a successful Commander known for defeating Hive Fleet Metal against such a force.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2009, 17:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Y'He Or'es Cadre vs Tyranids [1850] Part 1

Whoa, that was bloody. :sadnshocked:

Next time, you play my Nids.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2009, 18:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

This is going to be very embarrassing for me but...

1850?
>.>
<.<
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2009, 21:13   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Dude, I think its awesome that your tau perform so awesomely in combat....

Personally, the best I ever had was when my shaso commander was beating the **** out of a daemon prince fully upgraded in cc, the shield kept saving the power weapon blows, and I had wounded him twice opposed to his 1. The fight lasted 4 TURNS , not rounds, and the only reason the daemon prince won was because he phsycically turned me into a fleshblod....I then used my stealthsuits and assaulted him...and kill him :P
Shasla Anuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2009, 23:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

I have just been informed that my Tyranid opponent brought a 2,000 point list to the game.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2009, 02:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well done then. It only solidifies the victory you have won.

Good report and good battle.
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote