Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork Evil Sunz Warband vs. Ultramarines (1500pts, 07/11/09)
Old 10 Nov 2009, 10:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Ork Evil Sunz Warband vs. Ultramarines (1500pts, 07/11/09)

Ork Evil Sunz Warband vs. Ultramarines (1500pts, 07/11/09)

Hi all, This is my first proper battle report so if there is any holes in it please forgive me. This game was against my nephew and his Ultramarines. It was his second match against Ork and also my second using my Orks so this was going to be a learning curve for both of us.

Ork Evil Sunz Warband
Warboss w/ Warbike, Cybork Body, Attack Squig, Power klaw and Boss Pole.
Big Mek w/ KFF (BW Ded. Transport)
Nob Bikers x6 w/ PainBoy, PKsx3, BCsx2, Kombi-Skorchasx2, WAARGH Banner, Bosspole
Sluggaboyz x19 w/ Nob in Eavy armor, Boss pole, Power klaw. (BW. Transport)
Sluggaboyz x12 w/ Nob in Eavy armor, Boss pole, Power klaw, (Dedicated transport, Red Paint Job, Reinforced ram)
Sluggaboyz x12 w/ Nob in Eavy armor, Boss pole, Power klaw, (Dedicated transport, Red Paint Job, Reinforced ram)
Battlewagon w/ Deffrolla,, Armor Plates, Red Paint Job, 2x Big Shoota.
Looted Wagon(Boomwagon) w/ Boomgun, ‘Ard Case,
Deffkopta w/ TL Rokkits, Buzzsaw, Bigbomm

Ultramarines
Chapter Master w/ Plasma Pistol, Lighting Claw
Librarian w/ Force dome, Smite
Tactical Squad w/ Missile Launcher, Melta gun, Power fist, Storm Bolter
Tactical Squad w/ Missile Launcher, Flamer, Power Sword
Rhino
Terminator x7 w/ Assault Cannon
Land Raider Redeemer w/ Storm Bolter, Multi-Melta
Space Marine Bike Squad w/ Attack bike w Multi-melta)
Dreadnought w/ Multi-melta, Storm Bolter

Mission: Annihilation
Setup: Spearhead
Terrain: Ruins

Setup: 3 large ruined buildings on the top left, Sand bag walls running along the edge about 8” in and to the top right some sort of tomb. Bottom left of the board is a bunker complex and some sand bags. To the right there was 4 small ruins . Also there was a large tower in the centre of the board. Only other thing to note was a church ruin on one of the short table ends. See pics for details.

The Orks win the roll to go first, I tactically picked the side of the board whose opposite would offer the Marines the worst cover (Sneaky Sneaky) All was pushed as far forward as possible. Marines make the mistake of doing the same. All units where as far forward as possible. (was his second game against Ork so he will learn the hard way) I scout my Deffkopta in to there right looking at the marines in the church.

Marines fail to seize the initiative.

Game On!

Orks Turn 1
All units move apart from the Boomwagon as he has a nice view of the battle field. The two trukks move 19 up the side of the board keeping behind cover. Battle Wagon heads towards the Land Raider but is not in range for a ramming move. The Nob bikers and Warboss turbo forward with eyes locked on the big blue walker.
The Deffkopta turbo boosts over the church and drops his BigBomm. BigBomm drops on target and kills 3 marines. Boomwagon having not moved has a nice view of the marine bikes and manages to take down 3 Bikes! Go you. The remaining attack bike passes a moral check.

Marines Turn 1
Marines decide to hold the thin blue line and don’t move. The Marine squad in the church with the Librarian try there luck shooting at the Nob Bikers. After all shots are fired they manage to wound one nob but its saved by feel no pain. (I really like Nob bikers) The marine squad with the chapter Master don’t seam to like my trukks and drops an Orbital Bombardment which scatters a good bit away but kills a Nob biker!! (The swine!) The Melta attack bike tries his luck at the battlewagon which is in range of the Melta rule but rolls a 2 on the to hit (Bad luck) The dreadnought also fires at the battlewagon but again is a miss. The Land Raider lets rip with a hail of Melta fire but none score a glancing or penetrating hit. (Real bad rolling for him all round)

Orks Turn 2
Battle Wagon rolls right into the front of the Land Raider. Only scoring one penetrating hit but fails to do anything of note. The Battlewagon boyz debus and get ready to assault the Chapter Masters Squad to the side of the Land Raider. Bikers move closer to the Dreadnought getting ready for the Assault. The BoomWagon drops a shell on the Dreadnought which cant shoot next turn (Big Whoop) The two trukks head for the church and end up half in the church with boyz jumping out every where for the assault.

Deffkopta forgot to move or shoot but is range of the Land Raider for an assault but fails to do anything.
The Battlewagon boyz less the Big Mek who is refusing to leave his precious battlewagon assault the Chapter Master and his Tactical Squad. The Chapter Master goes first but only manages to down one boy. The Boyz and the marines now duke it out with the boyz doing 5 marines (Stupid wound allocation) and the Marines taking out 1. The Nob then also kills one marine, with the Marines losing the assault and failing there leadership test they run right of the table! (Yea Baby)
The Nob bikers and Warboss assault the Dreadnought and also catch the Assault bike. The Nob with the Bigchoppa swings for the assault bike who manages to save all his 3 wounds, the Assault biker gets a wound on the Nob but is saved by Feel No Pain. The rest of the Nobz and the Warboss take out the Dreadnought not taking a wound them selfs. At the end of there assault they pile in on top of the Assault Bike for next turn.
The Two trukk boyz mobz take on the marines and Librarian hiding in the church. The boyz have assaulted though cover so they’re swinging last. All the Marines fight with a burning desire to down as many boyz as possible but only manage to kill one boy (OMG) With the total of number of boyz in the assault there is no surprise that all the marines are hacked to death and none are saved. Even the Librarian is dragged down and killed. When I had placed the models I put one of the Nobz with the Power claw right next to the marines Rhino which he now opened up but it exploded and killed 5 of his boyz (Bugger). With the assault won the two mobz consolidate a little closer to there trukks. Oh forgot to say the mob that lost there boyz pass there moral check.

Marines turn 2
The Terminators manage to get onto the board this turn and also land on target. They land right next to the trukk mob that had lost some boyz. As far as movement goes that’s all what happened. The Land Raider flames the boyz that cheesed there Chapter Master away and also give them to Storm Bolter. With all the flames and bullets the boyz get it hard and lose 9. The Land Raider having Power of the Machine spirit also puts a melta shot point blank into the Battlewagon but the Big Mek see it coming and cranked up his dials on his KFF and stops the shot. The Terminators having deepstriked cant assault anything so instead put lots of shots into the wilted down trukk mob and kill the few that remained.
The Attack bike locked in assault did not do to well. Failing to wound anything he died under the weight of Claw. The Nob bikers consolidate 1”.

Orks Turn 3
The Battlewagon boyz get back aboard there pimped out ride who’s driver then throws the big machine in reverse, quickly going forward again and drives right over the top of the Land Raider which promptly blows to bits. (Can you do that if you where with in 1” of the vehicle at the start of the movement phase? I was not sure but think you can. If not please comment and tell me)
Now all guns are turned on the only remaining unit. The nob bikers put countless Dakka in the termys but there 2+ save holds out with none dieing. The Deffkopta pilot gets carried away fires his Rokkits but all miss. The two empty Trukks give them some big shoota but again none die. The last remaining trukk boyz mob give the termys some slugga and kill one before moving in for the assault.
The Termy Sergeant with his power sword tries to do some damage but missies completely. The 11boyz some how manage to take out 2 termys!! The nob and the remaining termys now let rip with power klaw on power fist action with the nob downing one and the termys killing 3. The assault was a tie.

With only a small number of Terminators left in assault an no other units on the board the Ultramarines censed.

ORK VICTORY!!
8 TO 1

Wow is all I can say, The Ultramarines had some real bad rolls that game but I put it down to the fact that they were using my dice and my dice only like me! Post game I told my nephew that he had deployed his force to far forward and played right into my hands. I know he did some bad tactical moves but just remember that this was his second game against Orks.

Hope you all enjoyed the report and any mistakes or holes you find please point them out as this is my first report.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Fixed something Bigtoof pointed out.
Old 10 Nov 2009, 13:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Ork Evil Sunz Warband vs. Ultramarines (1500pts, 07/11/09)

Good report and well played.

As you said, his mistake was being so far forward when you had first turn. He didn't have a force that could really handle you in assault. Well, he had Termies but power fists aren't hard to handle with Orks. If he gave himself distance then he could have taken out a transport or two and reduced what he had to face in assault, maybe even being in a position to assault you.
Old 10 Nov 2009, 16:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Waaghsteve:
First off, great report!
Good to see that you're getting in some nice games.
I'm always a bit shocked to see when people deploy so closely forward, but he was running a heavy melta list, and it's sort of instinct to try and get within that 12"/6" extra-good melta range.
A few Bitz:
1. Slugga Boyz can't take a Battlewagon as a Dedicated Transport. That's a Nob-class vehicle after all Trukks are fine though.
2. I'm surprised you didn't go for a "suicide Deffkopta" trick (which is using scout to get within 12" and then assaulting/shooting) on the Rhino, but I suppose you didn't want him to get too close to the Boomwagon's plate?
3. Sadly enough, Ramming has to be declared at the beginning of the move phase, and involves you declaring the direction of the ram (no backing up allowed). If he didn't move his Land Raider (so it was still in base-to-base) then it couldn't be Deff-rolled on your turn. As soon as he moves it though, it's fair game.

Great looking battlewagon and Warboss models! I take it they're home-brewed?

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2009, 16:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hi there Bigtoof,
Thanks for your reply. Yea I just noticed I classed the BW as a Dedicated Transport but it is taking up a heavy slot in my list so thanks for pointing that out. Also I got abit confussed with the Deffkopta at the start of the game and just dropped its BigBomm on a squad and that was it. I wanted to give it the save from turbo boost and forgot about the assault.
Oh and thank for letting me know about the Deff-Rolla as I was not sure and nor was the other guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigToof

Great looking battlewagon and Warboss models! I take it they're home-brewed?
Yea most of my gear is, Have a look here: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,90096.0.html

Also Thor{DoH}
Thank you for your comments. I told him before about not setting up to close but I will not keep on repeating myself again and again and again and again....you get the drift to him. He will learn the hard way ;D
Old 13 Nov 2009, 05:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

In fairness it's not terribly surprising that you won. You went against a vanilla general purpose Ultra Marines army with Nob Bikers and 3 battle wagons. I dont think your opponent had much of a chance. Anyway, great battle report though. I love the pictures...
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 09:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hi Jedibean, I only had one Battle Wagon and two Trukks. I think if he had sent up better he might of had abit more of a chance. Glad you liked the report.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 20:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hee hee nice report Steve, glad someone gets some good games around there, i have never EVER had a proper game with someone (unless i did i was unable to finish it) :'(

i just hope someone lives in bedfordshire county :P
Jasonsea212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2009, 16:23   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Jedibean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaghsteve
Hi Jedibean, I only had one Battle Wagon and two Trukks. I think if he had sent up better he might of had abit more of a chance. Glad you liked the report.
my bad...
Jedibean is offline   Reply With Quote