Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[PICS] Orks vs Tyranids Oct 10th 2009
Old 30 Oct 2009, 04:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default [PICS] Orks vs Tyranids Oct 10th 2009

My Ork Army List

HQ: Big Mek (2#, 220 Pts)
1 Big Mek @ 110 Pts
Choppa; Kustom Force Field; 'Eavy Armour; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Mek's Tools

1 Big Mek @ 110 Pts
Choppa; Shokk Attack Gun; 'Eavy Armour; Cybork Body; Mek's Tools

Elite: Nobz (33#, 1320 Pts)
9 Nobz @ 440 Pts
Big Choppa (x5); Choppa (x1); Power Klaw (x3); Slugga (x9); 'Eavy Armour (x9); Bosspole (x1); Waaagh! Banner (x1)
1 Painboy @ [55] Pts
'Urty Syringe; 'Eavy Armour; Dok's Tools
1 Trukk @ [40] Pts
Big Shoota (x1); Red Paint Job

9 Nobz @ 440 Pts
Big Choppa (x5); Choppa (x1); Power Klaw (x3); Slugga (x9); 'Eavy Armour (x9); Bosspole (x1); Waaagh! Banner (x1)
1 Painboy @ [55] Pts
1 Trukk @ [40] Pts

9 Nobz @ 440 Pts
1 Painboy @ [55] Pts
1 Trukk @ [40] Pts

Troops: Boyz (60#, 460 Pts)
29 Boyz @ 230 Pts
Big Shoota (x3); Shoota; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!
1 Boyz Nob @ [41] Pts
Power Klaw; Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!

29 Boyz @ 230 Pts
Big Shoota (x3); Shoota; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!
1 Boyz Nob @ [41] Pts
Power Klaw; Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!

Notes:
10 Kps - Speed

Total Roster Cost: 2000

PRE-GAME
Mission: Annihilation
Deployment: Pitched Battle
1st Turn: Tyranids

After seeing the Tyranids spread their army across the table in their deployment I decided that my best strategic move was to deploy everything on the right corner where I could camp my SAG Big Mek in the bunker, and hide my shootas behind the trukks protected by the KFF Big Mek in the middle truck giving everything there a cover save.

This would also force the Tyranids to move everything sideways and puts the great majority of their units out of range allowing me to deal with a few at a time.

I aimed the SAG at the God Fex in the rear hoping i'd roll double 6s and be done with him and that flyrant next to him all in one shot. Alas my luck was not so good and I hit with S3. I shifted my trukks to the right to prepare for the incoming winged tyrant and tyrant + guard and unloaded the big shootas on the guard causing 1 wound.

The tyranids moved as I predicted with the winged tyrant and tyrant + guard leading the pack. The Tyrant attempts to venom cannon my Big Mek's trukk but the force field renders the attack useless. I then move all my trukks full speed ahead forming a blockade and disembarking all my Nobz who proceed to assault both tyrants and the nearby Zoanthrope. 2 easy kill points

In shock after losing his hive tyrant with such ease and having received a Lictor from reserves the Tyranids opt to launch a massive counterassault. Targetting the zoanthrope killing Nobz with genestealers, the Lictor joined up with the Tyrant and his last guard to bolster the defense against the Nobz, and finally his God fex and Hormagants charged into combat with the Winged Tyrant killing Nobz.

Much to his surprise al his units lost combat severely the genestealers did really poorly against the Nobz getting wiped out with ease. The tyrant + lictor convo proved formidable but was defeated nonetheless. And lastly the hormagants did very little in terms of damage and took many wounds in return, while the carnifex manged to slaughter a nob or two, it was smacked around by a few PKs and lost some wounds though not enough to kill him, but suffered some no retreat saves and the hormagants having lost the lead Tyrant were forced to fall back towards their nearest synapse creature.

Having crushed the Tyranid counter attack put the Nobz in a great position to wipe out all remaining threats. And so the Nobz and Boyz charged forward. The shoota boyz unloaded a massive volley on the retreating Hormagants wiping them out and the Nobz took the battle to the nearby Warriors and to the stubborn carnifex that refused to die last turn. A very successful 3rd turn for the Orks as they earned yet another 3 kill points without losing any for a total of 9 kill points.

Winged Tyrant
Zoanthrope
Genestealers
Tyrant
Guard
Lictor
Hormagants
Warriors
Carnifex

All beaten to a bloody mess.

My opponent wisely resigned at the conclusion of turn 3 with great dismay after being completely overtaken by my WAAGH!

WINNERS: DA ORKS! 9 to 0.

NOTE: if you'd like to make your own 'caption' of the final pic feel free, i tried to think of something funny but didn't really have any good ideas, so edit it and re-post it in this thread if you have a good one.

+1 -Nez
Old 30 Oct 2009, 09:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: [PICS] Orks vs Tyranids Oct 10th 2009

Another great bat rep Akaiyou.
I remember having seen those tyranids before (I believe you named them Hive Fleet Candycane or something to that effect) And I absolutely loved the scheme, to the point where I almost looted it (no pun intended) but couldn't get good enough pictures.
You absolutely decimated him. Good job
Old 01 Nov 2009, 20:51   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I'm changing the score to 9-1. The Nidz guy gets +1 for actually painting his army.
Old 08 Nov 2009, 04:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

Except that one carnifex... :P
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2009, 08:41   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to reqeim

Great battle report, Sad though that the nids got PWNED.

Tyranid Biology the orky way.... "dis Wormy thing wid a lot of teef is a rippa, wat it called tho?"
reqeim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2009, 19:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Most excellent Batrep Akaiyou, you never ceased to produce fantastic Batreps, the Karma was well earned! The 'Nid army was painted really well, except from the 'Fex. : Tut tut. :P

Will you use this list again? As it seemed of of literally creamed his 'Nid army!

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Nov 2009, 13:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou

Yeah i did use this army again (which is very unlike me to use the same list more than once) in a special campaign mission called "Beachhead" which is pretty much annihilation with 1 objective in the center of the board.

I was wiping the Tau off 8 to 5 kps but the beach head is worth 5 kps and they managed to nail me off it on turn 5 when the game ended otherwise the Tau would've been cleansed lol I was nearly in contesting range with 2 Nob units.

Tau only had a devilfish + fire warriors, 1 crisis suit team and like 5 kroot left. Where as I had all my nobs alive.

Was a good win for the Tau Empire. Fun game. I lost 10 to 8.