Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

40K batrep with pics 1/03/09-blood in the streets
Old 05 Oct 2009, 03:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default 40K batrep with pics 1/03/09-blood in the streets

We dedcide to do an odd game, instead of the average 25% terrain normally recommended by GW we went with more in the 80% range.

This is not a city fight expansion game.

Game-
.2,000 points
.4 objectives
.table quarters

The table-

My army-
the panzer brigade-

My opponant-
sicarius/cantor, sternguard and crimson fists-

Turn 1
I win the roll off and go first.
.one dread drops on target and flames some tac marines, the other scatters wide and is out of the fight this turn. my forces move up.

He drops in 1 sternguard unit and blows one of my tac squads off an onjective. he gets a melta shot on my close ironclad and kills it. the rest of his army moves up or towards objectives.

Turn 2.
I move dreads and assault marines in to take on his steanguard. my last ironclad drops in and with a little help from scouts takes out the tac unit.

I shoot the sterns alot but they hold and i have to assault them. my dice rolls are less than stellar and combat is tied.

His other sterns stay out of the game(and do so till turn 5). his raider moves up one shots my other ironclad and his termies get out and assault my tac marines, his second tac unit gets an objective.

Turn 3
I begin moving on his second tac unit. droping the last ironclad, the drop pods and the scouts into them. my dreads move up to support my assault marines.

His raider moves again and takes shots at my MOTF and free las dread to no effect. CC sees my assault marine sgt survive thanks to his storm shield. but he flees combat.

Turn 4
i move a second dread into CC to support the first. the assault sgt is to close and does not rally fleeing off the table. my last ironclad survives to roast most of his last tac squad.

His raider ignores my other units and moves on my scouts. 2 survive the flame cannon. i lock up his termies and kill off his sternguard in CC. his characters get out of his rader and shoot my MOTF to death

Turn 5
I kill off his last tac marine(he missed alot with his last melta from the squad so i got lucky). my 2 scouts kill cantor and my dread locks sicarius in CC.

the game is tied.

His last sterns auto come in...land directly on an objective and then blow up my nearby pod.

he kills off my last scouts and my last lone tac marine

Dice is rolled and game goes to 6-

was rather lacklust. i turbo boosted my speeder to contest the only claimed objective. the ironclad moves downstairs, and the rest is CC.

He blows up my speeder (i failed a cover save VS melta) and does some damage to my dreads but doesn't kill them.

game ends-

contested objectives 2
held objectives 1

win for the fists.

i must say playing with that much terrain made for an interesting game and many funny moments. it would make the SOB very happy to fight in that kind of environment.

now for some battle field pics and close up shots-

Old 05 Oct 2009, 03:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Re: 40K batrep with pics 1/03/09-blood in the streets

thats some nice cheese you got there my friend
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2009, 04:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezy Panda
thats some nice cheese you got there my friend
???

you lost me there. the crimson fist list is tourney level....mine is more theme than anything else.
Old 05 Oct 2009, 04:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

i was talking about your list. but i guess it used to be cheesy, but not in 5th edition. i was just commenting on the min troop choices and max dreadnaught choices :P
Old 05 Oct 2009, 04:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezy Panda
i was talking about your list. but i guess it used to be cheesy, but not in 5th edition. i was just commenting on the min troop choices and max dreadnaught choices :P
2 scoring units, 3 max with combat squadding and no special characters for a total of 31 models at 2K, 3 of which are drop pods is hardly cheesy. i love dreads and wanted to put as many as i could on the table, nothing more, nothing less. i could make it more of a power build with a couple less dreads and some special character unlocks, but then it would not be the army i want or follow my fluff background i wrote for the chapter.
Old 05 Oct 2009, 05:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

sorry dude i wasn't trying to attack you, i was just messing around. its a cool list.