Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

not really a battle report, but it is about a battle.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 07:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default not really a battle report, but it is about a battle.

so i just finished, well not finished. quit a game of warhammer. i was playing on vassal against a pure knight knight opponent in a 1500 point battle against my world eaters list. he used a bare brother captain, 3 squad of grey knights each in landraiders, thats it. he put everything in reserve. we were playing spearhead and capture and control. i had to waste an entire turn sitting there because everything was in reserve. the next turn nothing came in. so i sat some more. next turn a land raider came in, as soon as it came in i dropped my obliterators and they both died to deep strike mishaps( a risky move on my part i know) eventually everything came in. he then continued to storm bolter and lascannon my guys untill there was one bezerker left, he then assaulted it and killed it horrendously. this was at the end of turn 5 that this occured it became 2 to 1 instead of 2 to 2. we got the extra turn, i told him i quit. the game was boring, minimal and downright not fun at all. all he did was pick off guys slowly. yes, i know bezerkers are tough, but i think grey knights can take them on, seriously. he played very well, but it just was not fun. i'm sure i'm in the wrong here. i know grey knights are limited to their selections, but i dont know how anyone can have fun with that list!

im sure this isn't very coherent. but i'm sure someone knows how i feel. taking the most battle hardened close combat experts in the galaxy and using them at a stand still doing what noise marines or regular marines can do for less points.
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2009, 03:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: not really a battle report, but it is about a battle.

Everything he did is fine, it seems as if you just have a case of not-the-same-as-if-real-minis syndrome or some i-wish-grey-knights-were-made-of-plastic-and-not-cheese syndrome. Or your a sore loser :P

-Matzilla
matzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2009, 17:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Re: not really a battle report, but it is about a battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzilla
Everything he did is fine, it seems as if you just have a case of not-the-same-as-if-real-minis syndrome or some i-wish-grey-knights-were-made-of-plastic-and-not-cheese syndrome. Or your a sore loser :P

-Matzilla
i guess he just played like a pro. it was a pretty boring game. nothing moved, nothing assaulted. just well planned moves to the inch.
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote