Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Slideshow Batrep] Tau vs IG 930 pts "Engine Trouble" 19th Aug 09
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: In The Eye of Terror, stuck under the Contact Lens of Dread
Default [Slideshow Batrep] Tau vs IG 930 pts "Engine Trouble" 19th Aug 09

This scenario used to be available from Games Workshop’s website, but it is there no longer. If you can find it, let me know.

Basically, you play with vehicles only. Nothing else. One of the defender’s vehicles starts the game with the titular engine trouble, and is immobilised. Beginning on Turn 2, the defender can try to repair the damage. 4+ on Turn 2, 3+ on Turn 3 and 2+ on every Turn thereafter. Note that this repair roll can be made if the tank is immobilised by enemy fire later in the game.

The defender starts in an 18? square in one corner of the table, and the attacker deploys in a 6? strip along the short table end furthest away from the defender.

The defender wins if he gets the damaged tank to the opposite long table edge. The attacker wins if he stops him. We played infinite Turns, since otherwise the defender can lose simply by failing to repair the engine in the first few Turns.

IG Army (4th Ed codex)
3 Leman Russ
1 Hellhound
1 Chimera
1 Valkyrie
2 Autocannon Sentinels

One of the Leman Russ was selected to be the Damaged tank.

Tau Army
2 Hammerheads
1 Skyray
3 Piranhas with Fusion Blasters
2 Tetras
1 TX-42 with twin linked Fusion Blasters

All Tau vehicles had disruption pods, multi trackers and targeting arrays where possible.

I have done this batrep as a slideshow. First try at this, so hope you like it.

To give you time to read the text, I suggest hovering your mouse over the slideshow. Controls will show up at the bottom right. You can stop the auto-slide and then manually move from frame to frame. Much better that way.

http://w735.photobucket.com/pbwidget...9/4b3bf66a.pbw

If that doesn't work, try this one:-
http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=4b3bf66a.pbw

I have also posted the batrep up on my blog - http://incunabulum.co.uk/blog/