Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My first 3 battles with Tau (1000pts, 15/08/09)
Old 15 Aug 2009, 21:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default My first 3 battles with Tau (1000pts, 15/08/09)

Hope you Enjoy, it took a wile

We are playing 1000pts, mission is take and hold the grave.

My turn 1, I jumped out, shot at the missile dread, failed, jump back. Devilfish moved a little forwards, shot at the Razor back, failed.

Ultra-Marines Turn 1, all shotting fail, marines on the right side ran.

My turn 2, Shas'el and Flamer suits arrived. Shas'el Immobalised the Melta&claw dreadnought with her fusion blaster. Missile pods made the missile&assult dreadnought explode, the chapter master was not harmed. Devilfish fail to hurt the razor back again. The flamer team I belive caused 26 wounds to the unit on 10 marines and then 8 died, he passed leadership.

Ultra-Maries Turn 2, The missile lanucher marine shot at the flamer suits, hit wounded, passed my 4+Is,then the left unit of marines rapid fired on the flamer suits causing one wound, next both razor backs, left marine unit, scouts, dreadnought shot at my shas'el, causing 1 wound then the Chapter master slaughtered her in close combat and consolidated 5"

My turn 3, Fusion suits arrive and blast the chapter master through the head. Missile suits destroy the left razor back, Flamer suits finish off the 2 marines and manage 2 glancing hits on the rear armour of the razor back crew stunned and shacken. Devilfish finaly do something!?! killed 2 marines from the flamer unit.

At this point he surrendered

Second Battle

Mission is Objectives, I get to place 2 he placed 1. He stared off with his Chapter Master, Marine sargent and 4 marines in the heavy bolter razor back. 5 marines and a sargent in the lascannon razor back. Land raider is empty.

My Turn 1, Missile team shoot at the lascannon razor back, blasting the lascannons to dust, next the Devilfish shoot at the heavy bolter razor back, fail to do anything.

Marines turn 1, a frenzy of heavy bolter fire from the land raider and razor back at the missile suits, causing no damage. The plasma cannon scatters too far and the missile launcher fails to hit.

My turn 2, Shas'el and the fusion suits arrive behind the land raider, sadly the fusion suits had other plans and scattered off the bored ready to be deepstuck again. Shas'el scattered infront of the land raider. Shas'el rolls to hit with her TL Fusion blaster, 1, thank goodness for re-rolls, wait wtf another 1!?! missile suits remove the heavy bolter from the heavy bolter razor back, and the devilfish fail to do anything.

Marines turn 2, the land raider sends a massive smog of bolter fire ripping shas'el apart after she managed to save against both this missile launcher and plasma cannon.

My turn 3, Fusion suits arrive, lazy flamers are still having a cup of tea. But yet again they scatter off, this time the marine player got to deside where they landed. Missile pods blow up the heavy bolter razor back killing 2 marines inside.
The devilfish destroy the lascannon razor back.

Marines turn 3, Smelling victory as my only unit left to hurt the land raider was so far away he risked a terrain check and moved the land raider in for the kill. As his powerfist marines run towards me all looks lost, the land raider shoots at the fusion suits, 1 dies, and one has 1 wound left. The missile launcher and plasma cannon are still failng to take down my devil fish.

My turn 4, and a miracle happens, I finaly have some good luck. The flamers come down and devistate the marines before them. The devilfish kill the unit of 4 marines and 2 marines from the chapter masters unit dies from missile pod fire. next I make a very silly move that seemed good at the time. lets charge the chaper master and sergeant as they both have powerfist I'll hit first, I fail to wound and get wiped out, they consolidate 6".

Marines turn 4, he moves the land raider ever closer and kills off the fusion suits. The chaper master and small unit run to the objective and he charges whats left of the missile team into the flamer suits. No deaths from the combat.

My turn 5, I move the devilfish near the edge so that he cant get the land raider on my rear armour. The devilfish manage to kill the marine so there is only the chapter master and sergeant. The flame suits are still in a stalemate.

Marines turn 5, he just gets closer and causes one wound on the flame suit in combat.

My turn 6, I pulled my last trick out of the bag, the fire warriors left the devilfish. Fired the fish and all 12 fire warriors rapid fired on the 2 men, 38 shots, the Chapter master lived with one wound! The combat at the top didnt change.

Marines turn 6, The land raider turns a unit of fire warriors into dust. The chapter master kills 3 fire warriors in combat, I passed leadership. All the objectives on my side were not claimed, the hole battle rested on the shoulders on the flame suits to destroy the unit of marines and take the win. Sadly this didnt happen, they fought valiantly and killed 2 of them, he passed leadership test. So close and yet so far, still a brilliant game. Draws are better than losses

Game 3, this is the same battle feild as game 2 but im in a different corner, mission is kill points.

My turn 1, rolled a 6 and took it from him, moved the devilfish into range of side armour, weapon destroyed, first cannon down, 2 to go. Missile suits fail to glance front armour.

Marines turn 1, he fired at the devilfish, it scattered but only just, less then 1cm in it. The missile launchers also failed.

My turn 2, Shas'el and flamer suits arrive. Shas'el goes behind the demolisher on the right, scatters to land infront of it. Penetrates and immobilises it. The flamers were going behind the 2 units of missile launchers, they scattered, landed 1" next to them and died.
The devilfish shoot at the demolisher with a cannon still and cause a crew shaken. Missile pods fail again.

Marines turn 2, The missile lauchers fail again to harm the devil fish. The demolisher on the right fires its cannon at Shas'el, hits, wounds, Iv save passed. Then the Chapter master calls for an orbital bombardment on my poor shas'el, scattering her across the battle feild. As the Master could not move to use this awsome power, the rest of the marines he was with went ahead.

My turn 3, Fusion team arrives and avenges the shas'el by raining there bombardment of melta shots on the chapter master, burning him to the ground. The missile pods wipe out the unit that left the Master. The devilfish Immobilised and weapon destroyed the top left demolisher, I chose its storm bolter as I plan to stay out of its front arc.

Marines turn 3, the missile launchers turn there fire to the fusion suits with immense accuracy taking 2 down, the suit fails its test and can not rally so I remove it.

My turn 4, the devilfish manage to destroy the last cannon and finish one tank off, the missile pods kill 2 of the 5 marines.

Marines turn 4, he fires the missile launchers at the missile suits, both hit, one wound, Iv save passed.

My turn 5, the missile pods kill the 3 marines and the devilfish move in for the kill and take down 2 marines.

That was actualy the last of the damage done, over the last 3 turns nothing dies. game ends 4points to me, 3 points to him, I won ;D

Hope you wear not bored as they were all marines, I felt their armys were quite different. These were my first 3 games with tau.
2 wins 1 draw 0 loss.

Click to help it grow =)
New Necron Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2009, 22:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: My first 3 battles with Tau

how did you do the graphics? is that some kind of specific program, or you just using some accesory style program like 'paint' you did by hand. I wonder because of the grid.

I liked the second battle best, by the way.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2009, 22:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Even tho the second was a draw I enjoyed the second one more also
I did it using word, they are seperate squares, green colour, lighter green lines.

Click to help it grow =)
Old 17 Aug 2009, 14:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

nice, one question though which is probably stupid, how were your devilfish killing vindicators/ other tanks? Seekers?
Old 18 Aug 2009, 08:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Nope, they just go round to the side or back armour with burst cannons and SMS, 7 str 5 shots at bs3, so normaly 5-6hit, 6s to glance, 1 glance each.

My army is fully wrote out (abbreviated).

Click to help it grow =)
Old 18 Aug 2009, 09:42   #6 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shas'el
Nope, they just go round to the side or back armour with burst cannons and SMS, 7 str 5 shots at bs3, so normaly 5-6hit, 6s to glance, 1 glance each.

My army is fully wrote out (abbreviated).
If you're going to manouvre your Devilfish around behind rhinos and such, consider ramming them. Move 12" + AV 12 + being a tank means you score a S7 hit on their rear, good chance of a pen if rear armour is 10
Old 18 Aug 2009, 12:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

To ram dont you need to move in a straight line?

Click to help it grow =)
Old 18 Aug 2009, 18:39   #8 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shas'el
To ram dont you need to move in a straight line?
Yes, but if you're behind them, a straight line would take you into contact with their rear armour. Once, i rammed a Defiler and blew it up. My CSM opponent looked like he was going to cry
Old 18 Aug 2009, 19:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: My first 3 battles with Tau (points, date)

I'll remeber that as it might be useful but in these fights, I would rather not face my bottem to missile launcher/plasma cannons.

Click to help it grow =)