Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[PICS] Tyranids vs Tyranids - 2500 - May 2nd
Old 05 May 2009, 06:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default [PICS] Tyranids vs Tyranids - 2500 - May 2nd

HIVE FLEET LUNA
HQ:
1 Hive Tyrant
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Flesh Hooks; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Venom Cannon; Synapse Creature; The Horror

1 Hive Tyrant
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Flesh Hooks; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Winged; Scything Talons (x2); Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Field

Elite:
3 Lictor
Feeder Tendrils; Flesh Hooks; Rending Claws; Scything Talons

4 Warriors
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Twin-linked Devourer; Synapse Creature
1 Warriors @ [38] Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Barbed Strangler; Synapse Creature
1 Warriors @ [33] Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter; Synapse Creature
1 Warriors @ [33] Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Deathspitter; Synapse Creature
1 Warriors @ [33] Pts
1 Warriors @ [33] Pts

4 Warriors
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Twin-linked Devourer; Synapse Creature
1 Warriors @ [38] Pts
Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Barbed Strangler; Synapse Creature
1 Warriors @ [33] Pts
1 Warriors @ [33] Pts
1 Warriors @ [33] Pts
1 Warriors @ [33] Pts

Troops:
16 Hormagaunts
Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons

16 Hormagaunts

16 Hormagaunts

16 Hormagaunts

Fast Attack:
3 Ravener
Rending Claws; Scything Talons (x1)

Heavy Support:
1 Carnifex
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Reinforced Chitin; Toxic Miasma; Scything Talons (x2)

1 Carnifex
Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Reinforced Chitin; Scything Talons (x1); Venom Cannon

Notes:
Kill Points = 11
(theme-talons)

Total Roster Cost: 2496

CANDY CANE NIDS
HQ:
1 Hive Tyrant
Extended Carapace +1 Save; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Lash Whip & Bonesword; Barbed Strangler; Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Blast
3 Tyrant Guard @ [135] Pts
Rending Claws; Scything Talons

1 Hive Tyrant
Acid Maw; Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Winged; Scything Talons (x2); Synapse Creature; The Horror; Warp Blast

Elite:
1 Lictor
Feeder Tendrils; Flesh Hooks; Rending Claws; Scything Talons

4 Warriors

5 Warriors

Troops:
6 Ripper Swarm
Leaping

6 Genestealers
Rending Claws

12 Genestealers
Rending Claws

16 Hormagaunts
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons

16 Hormagaunts
Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons

32 Gaunt Brood
Spinefists

Heavy Support:
3 Zoanthrope
Toxic Miasma; Synapse Creature; Warp Blast; Warp Field

1 Carnifex
Acid Maw; Adrenal Glands +1 In; Bonded Exoskeleton; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Regenerate; Reinforced Chitin; Tail Weapon - Scythe; Toxic Miasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Tusked; Crushing Claws; Scything Talons (x1)

1 Carnifex
Bonded Exoskeleton; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Reinforced Chitin; Spine Banks; Toxic Miasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x1); Barbed Strangler

Notes:
Kill Points = 17

Total Roster Cost: 2500

TURN 1
I took first turn and deployed in the center hoping to charge in with the hormagants right away, I used my slower tyrant at the front so that he could be backed up by the winged one early on. My opponent set his army on the corner so I during turn 1 i brought the rest of my army in the middle of the board to rush through the center. But kept my hormagants back a bit to avoid being assaulted by his hormagants. However during his turn 1 he came in and as I expected he wasnt able to assault anything but instead my hormagants got hit with a bunch of template weapons that killed a whole unit and damaged another.

End of Turn 1
Hive Fleet Luna Kps = 0
Candy Cane Nids Kps = 1

TURN 2
During my turn 2, 2 lictors and the ravener squad arrived from reserves which I hated because i felt they came too early and I didn't have any good place to deploy them in. I put one next to the tyrant to help him re-roll to hit in case he were assaulted and the other I had to put in a distant piece of area terrain. The raveners I dropped in the front lines to be a target so that the rest of the army can move up without being shot and to provide cover for the winged tyrant. The hormagants rushed forward and I had them assault the zoanthrope as I felt assaulting the warriors would be a bad idea in this case. I managed to kill the zoanthrope and consolidated the hormagants infront of the warriors and god fex to try to prevent them from coming in for the assault.

TURN 2
The enemy lictor deep striked into area terrain near my hormagants and he moved his units up to prepare to assault everything nearby. In his shooting phase he wiped out the hormagants and raveners in his lines. Then he assaulted my hormagant unit with his Lictor, and the other hormagant unit with his ripper swarms and winged hive tyrant. The God Fex assaulting the lictor near the tyran and his hormagants assaulting both my tyrants.The Hormagants both won their combats wounding the ripper swarms and winged tyrant and killing the lictor. Both my Tyrants also won their combats but were stuck in combat. The God Fex easily wiped out the Lictor and went undamaged.

End of Turn 2
Hive Fleet Luna Kps = 2
Candy Cane Nids Kps = 4

TURN 3
I moved all my units forward after seeing the God Fex roll a 6 for his crushing claws allowing him 9 attacks on my Lictor, I focused both my warrior units on it, shooting it to hell and back with 18 warriors and made it take 11 saves just from the devourer warriors, and a couple more saves from teh deathspitters and amazingly enough he made every single one of his saves...I stood in awe.

TURN 3

I then assaulted his winged tyrant with my carnifex, and had my cc fex assault the hormagants fighting with my winged tyrant to help him get done with that combat and onto other bigger fish. With my hormagants multiple-assaulting his spinefist gaunts and the zoanthrope near them. I manged to kill off most of the gaunts and I also killed the ripper swarms and his winged tyrant. My walk tyrant was unable to kill enough of the hormagants he was in combat with to free himself so he ended up stuck for another turn. My winged tyrant and carnifex however killed the unit of hormagants they were in combat with allowing them to continue on fighting, with this I took the lead in kill points. During my opponents turn he rushed his genestealers in to join the fight. His tyrant + guard assaulted my CC Fex and his God Fex assaulted my Winged Tyrant and once again rolled a 6 for his crushing claws! At the end of the melee he managed to kill my shooty fex, my winged tyrant, the 3 remaining hormagants that killed his ripper swarms and I manged to wipe out his spinefist gaunts and continued to fight against the zoanthrope with my hormagants. He regained the lead in KPs.

End of Turn 3
Hive Fleet Luna Kps = 6
Candy Cane Nids Kps = 7

TURN 4
After having the God Fex perform ridiculously well and bringin it down to 2 wounds remaining thanks to it's encounter with my Hive Tyrant. I used my warriors to shoot up his small squad of genestealers and the other unit to join the combat between the tyrant, hormagants and genestealers to help the tyrant win. And I tried to move the lictors up to try and kill the annoying God Fex who had his 2 wounds remaining however one of the lictors was unable to reach him for assault he just felt short so I went in with just 1 and prayed for some rending rolls. However my prayers were not answered and the Lictor got squashed easily. My CC Fex put up a very strong fight against his Tyrant + Guard keeping them at bay and taking out the guards. My hormagants were still unable to get rid of the zoanthrope who kept making his saves as that combat continued. My opponent then used his turn to shoot my warriors with his warriors killing a massive amount of my warriors. His God Fex went on to take care of the remaining lictor in the back earning him the title of Supreme Lictor killer! in this game as he took down all 3 Lictors. My casualties during this turn 4, were 1 lictor and my CC fex who finally died at the hands of the single remaining tyrant guard. On the other hand my opponent lost the last of his hormagants and his genestealers.

End of Turn 4
Hive Fleet Luna Kps = 8
Candy Cane Nids Kps = 9

TURN 5
At the top of turn 5 I aimed my walk tyrant and warriors to take out all of his warriors in an attempt to get 2 easy kill points. However the tyrant was unable to get enough wounds from the venom cannon and assaulting to kill his target squad. My hormgants on the other hand were FINALLY victorious against the zoanthrope giving me the lead. His tyrant + guard assaulted my walk tyrant and his last zoanthrope and carnifex assaulted my hormagants netting him 2 more kill points in which he re-took the lead once again. I had aimed my tyrants's attacks at his tyrant + guard hoping to kill off the remaining guard which I felt would be an easier kill than 2 warriors remaining to net me a kill point. However I didn't even get to damage 'em. And so he retook the lead once more. And random game length brought it all to a close.

End of Turn 5
Hive Fleet Luna Kps = 10
Candy Cane Nids Kps = 11

WINNER = CANDY CANE NIDS

Another good report. +1 ~Gada
Old 06 May 2009, 03:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: [PICS] Tyranids vs Tyranids - 2500 - May 2nd

That was a close one. Good to see nid on nid fighting; the games are always interesting. Looks like some of your biomass will now be X-mas colors.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote