infantry marine army
X4 tac squads
X2 scout squads
X2 10 man terminator squads
X1 terminator librarian
72 marines to my 26 and six dreads...

No special characters in either list

Turn 1
Panzers win deployment, i combat squad and place near several objectives, red marines seize initiative.
kill 1 scout and stun a venerable dread

My turn 1
drop pod assault-kill a few terminators, 1 scout and a couple marines, move to cover objectives

Turn 2
My road block worked, his terminators have to deal with ironclads. he shoots scouts and tac marines, his librarian and a nearby tac squad move up and run forward.
CC kills a few more terminators, iron clad to the right gets stunned. his pod blows up, the other pod is destroyed.

bottom of 2-
3rd ironclad waits in orbit, sniper counter sniper fire, dread shoots at snipers in building as well-no effect. kill more terminators, ironclad on the right flank takes a lucky powerfist hit and dies.

Turn 3
His terminators advance, kill one venerable dread from shooting, immobilize the other, librarian and nearby Tacs move up, and run
tries to snipe MOTF but fails to wound, snipes tat tac squad moving up to support the scouts, kills one, causes pinning. ironclad to the left kills more terminators, survives power causes them to fall back gets stunned.

snipers shoot terminators at my front door, tac squad moved behind dead venerable and rapid fire terminators, tech marine plasma burns one terminator to death, counter assault unit jumps out, shoots and assaults terminators, kill more of them. other scouts on the right fire on advancing marines but fail to pin them. immobile las dread fires at nearby terminators before assault squad charges. the other dread shoots scouts again. more CC for ironclad as he assaults nearby tac squad. no fist or melta bombs here, gleefully munches a tac marine

Turn 4
Tac squad kills scouts on the right, second tac squad with fist moves to fight ironclad, assault it, loose 3 marines but take it our with a lucky pen hit. more shooting at scouts, dreads and MOTF to no effect. assault squad kills more terminators. looses all but the sarge. sarge breaks and falls back

Tac squad on my right shoot and assault marines that killed their brother scouts, dread, scouts, MOTF finish off terminators in my face.
other dread shoots terminators on the left approach, causes them to fall back. 3rd podding dread finally comes in and shoots tac marines that just killed the other ironclad.

Turn 5
He mostly shoots at dreads, starts consolidating units on objectives, scouts make a run for the one on the right, tacs in his back corner move downstairs.

Tac squad defeats their counterparts on the right flank, moves to take objective from scouts. his tac squad in the rear moves to assault dread, looses CC and runs

My turn-
i try to kill off scouts to my right, move ironclad to contest objective. assault tac squad on the center objective with venerable dread, pulling them off of it.

I hold 2 objectives to his one and contest a 3rd.

game continues to 6

Turn 6
Runs marines to center objective. falling back marines rally on 3rd objective. last remaining terminators kill my tacs on the right objective. scouts move up and take it.

power shift, he now holds 3 objectives to my 1 seeing as i can only get him off 1 or mabey 2 of those 3 objectives there is no way to win unless there is a turn 7, try to chase off or kill scouts to the right and the rallied tac squad in the back next to the last pod.

kill scouts but do not succeed with the other...... dice is rolled and game ends

Victory for red marines
2 objectives to 1

Panzer brigade losses-
2 ironclads, 1 venerable, 5 tacs, 6 scouts, 5 jump marines, 2 drop pods

Red marines losses-
21 tac marines, 18 terminators, 8 scouts

It was a brutal yet fun game. and could have gone either way right up to the end.

Old 26 Mar 2009, 18:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: seeing red, batrep with pics panzer brigade VS nilla marines

once again, i just love your army set up. Do you ever field a thunderfire cannon with the Master of forge?
Warboss Vandersnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2009, 19:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've only cionsidered it for an all(8 ) tech marine army, but it only comes to 1,500 points and i would have to mod 3 elite with full harness and 2 MOTF techs on bikes to make it work. currently i am not motivated to do so.

Although i am contemplating testing out a new list to give me a bit more manueverability-removing the pods for a storm speeder and some CC scouts, while giving the ironclads hurricane bolters so they can shoot effectively while they walk across the board.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 20:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Great Batrep Mughi, although it was short :P - it was great.

What would you have done differently? Say, you moved an unit and wished you didn't etc?

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2009, 02:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Great bat rep and great models but I have to ask, Can I see your oppenents army? Id like to see what they look like and how he did that red....thanks!!!
Valten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2009, 09:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
What would you have done differently? Say, you moved an unit and wished you didn't etc?
Other than bad scatters on my pods, which i couldn't do anything about, making him re-roll an immobilised result(along with the other 2 dead results) on my venerable that died when i had the MOTF right there was a bonehead maneuver, since thats what killed him. having him seize the intiative was also a blow wince i lost a round of roadblock and shooting before he could move up. again nothing i could do about that.

It was a well fought game and had he not ran the unit to the middle at the end he would have had a tie game. so i cannot complain to much.

Quote:
Can I see your oppenents army? Id like to see what they look like and how he did that red....thanks!!!
Unfortunately i didn't snap a shot of his army before the game started, i'msure i will see it again as this is his new army he is in the middle of building up. look for future batreps for close-ups