Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[batrep] Combat patrol 375; Emperor's Hammer vs. Tyranids
Old 14 Oct 2008, 22:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default [batrep] Combat patrol 375; Emperor's Hammer vs. Tyranids

This game was played on Vassal with NecronMasterLord.

The army format for this game was a 375 point combat patrol. We played the game as a Capture and Control mission, with Pitched Battle setup.

My forces are the Space Marines; NecronMasterLord's are the Tyranids.

My list: 375 points

HQ- Captain- 95
Thunder Hammer, Storm Bolter

Troops- Tactical Squad- 90
6x Marines

Tactical Squad- 90
6x Marines

Heavy Support- Whirlwind Castellan- 95
Storm Bolter, Extra Armour

His list: 374 points

Elites- Warrior Brood
3x Warriors, Deathspitter, Devourer, Venom Cannon, 3x Scything talons

Troops- Gaunt Brood
8x Gaunts w/ Fleshborer, Scuttlers, Without Number

Ripper Swarm
7x Ripper bases w/ Spinefists, Enhanced Senses

Heavy- Carnifex
Scything Talons, TL Deathspitter, Spore Cysts

I got first turn because he set up the board.

Setup.

He kept his Gaunts in reserve and deployed along the left side, while I deployed along the right side.

Turn 1

My Tactical squad and Captain ran toward the central bunkers, while my whirlwind dropped a minefield near his warriors. My other Tactical Squad camped on my objective.

He sent his Warriors and 'Fex up the top and middle, while his rippers moved along the bottom toward my objective.

Turn 2.

My Captain joined the Tac squad and advanced into the buildings. My Whirlwind dropped another minefield to limit his movements.

He stopped his 'Fex and kept his Warriors and Rippers moving. Gaunts did not arrive. He killed one Tac marine his 'Fex's shooting.

Turn3.

I prepared for a charge and shot up his warriors, killing 2 and wounding the third. Dropped another minefield and scattered badly. I also killed a Ripper base and wounded another. Charged in the assault phase, and finished the last warrior with the Captain's hammer.

He lost synapse, but avoided the penalties with fearless units.
He killed another marine with his 'Fex, and one with the Rippers. Still no Gaunts.

Turn 4.

I continued my flanking maneuver around toward his base, skirting the mines. Killed two more Ripper bases and dropped another badly scattered minefield.

He moved his 'Fex and tried to shoot my Tac squad off my objective, but I saved everything. His gaunts arrived and passed their leadership test.

Turn 5.

Continued flanking. Killed some gaunts and dropped another minefield. Gaunts failed morale check, and fell back into mines.

'Fex advanced. Tried again to shoot me off my objective, but failed. Gaunts regrouped and charged, doing no damage.

Turn 6.

Continued flanking, and nearly arrived. Killed a gaunt in assault and wounded the 'Fex with mines.

He shot at my tank and scored a glance, with a crew stunned result. Reduced to shaken by armour.

Turn 7.

Endgame. I finished with my Tac marines barely at his objective, and holding on by their nails at mine.

He charged my Whirlwind and destroyed both of its weapons. I finished the Gaunts at my home for an uncontested victory.

Result: Viorlashasui victor.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2008, 00:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: [batrep] Combat patrol 375; Emperor's Hammer vs. Tyranids

Hmmh. Good job, you would hae won had the mission been something different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
Dark Ace Cypher with the power of cliffing!
[quote=TheCuriousMonke]
[b]"You must bake muffins for the Greater Good."[/
Ace cipher zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2008, 01:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Ace Cipher
Hmmh. Good job, you would hae won had the mission been something different.
I did win. I managed to hold both objectives at the end of turn 7, just barely.

Thanks! My first batrep. I had to open a photobucket account so I could put the pics up.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

Old 15 Oct 2008, 03:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Lowerlife

Really like the pics ;D
Man I really wanna try out vassal because of this kind of stuff you can do with it!!!
Good job
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment.
someones got bad spelling
Lowerlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2008, 03:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Nice. Good way to pull out a win. Though, what's a Carnifex doing in a Combat Patrol?

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2008, 13:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerlife
Really like the pics ;D
Man I really wanna try out vassal because of this kind of stuff you can do with it!!!
Good job
Thanks! You really should try Vassal, it's free and great fun. Convenient too. Ask Timjim about it, he makes the stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abael
Nice. Good way to pull out a win. Though, what's a Carnifex doing in a Combat Patrol?
Thanks! It was really touch and go at the end.

He just wanted a 'Fex I guess, I can't really say.