My first Batrep 1500 pts black templar vs necrons
Old 10 May 2008, 09:42   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default My first Batrep 1500 pts black templar vs necrons

My first Batrep 1500 pts black templar vs necrons

My army (Black Templars):

reclusiarch with boltpistol
-10 man comand squad
with sergeant, banner bearer (holy relic) and apothecary. all have bps and ccw - 230pts

Reclusiarch - bike, melta-bombs - 130pts

Emperors champion - suffer not the clean to live - 125pts

Crusader squad fury - 10 initiates with crusader seals, bps and ccw. 1 has powerfist - 195pts

Crusader squad righteousness
- 9 initaiates with bolt pistols and ccw - 144pts

Crusader squad zeal
- 10 initiates with crusader seals, 1 has plasma gun all others have bolters - 186pts

Assault squad wrath
- 10 initiates with melta-bombs, 1 powerfist and 2 plasma pistols (spread over three different models) - 265pts

Bike squad faith - 3 initiates with melta guns and krak grenades - 129pts

Total: 1500pts

Note that this is my vs all comers list and NOT tailored to fight necrons.

His army (necrons):

Lord
with resurection orb and war scythe

Lord with destroyer body, staff of light and Phsycalactry (spelling?)

10 warriors

10 warriors

6 Scarab bases - disruption field (these began the game in reserve)

2 wraiths

6 destroyers

1 heavy destroyer

Monolith

Note that this is just based on what he used during the game and that the lords may have had other upgrades he didnt get round to using. Also he did not know what army I would use although i think he suspected.

He got turn 1. all rights and lefts are from my perspective.

Necron Turn 1

The destroyers swept forward to a peice of scenery in the left hand centre of the board, the vents under their bodys glowing eerily, the monolith floated to the center of his deployment zone, reinforcing the warriors who moved forward 6" along with the lord. the wraiths hid behind the monolith. The destroyers scoured the closed unit (squad fury) with gauss fire, downing 5 of the emperors finest, before scurrying behind the aforementioned scenery. Squad fury advanced (righteous zeal).

Black templars turn 1

I broke with my plan (probably a mistake) and rather than turbo-boosting the bikes towards the destroyers I moved them towards the advancing warriors opposite, with the intention of assault. My command squad marched forward towards the warrior phalanx and squad righteousness led by the emperors champion lept defiantly onto the center rubble, bringing themselves closer to the warriors and lord. Squad zeal moved to the left hand side of the scenery ocupied by the destroyers and the remains of squad fury advanced to the right hand side. the assault marined torched their jump packs and landed where they could assault either the destroyers or the monolith next turn. squad zeal couldn't find a target with their bolters but squad faith with the reclusiarch reduced the necron lord to 1 wound. then, they failed their charge by 2 inches! leaving them within 8" of 20 gauss blasters, ouch.

Necron turn 2

The destroyers fell back into their deployment zone, purgind 2 assault marines and an initiate from squad fury. which failed it morale and was an inch out of range of my standard bearer! they fled 4".
all other crons remained stationary, the scarabs failed to arrive. the air filled with a hum of static as the monolith fired up its guns, placing an ordanance template covering my bikes. which scattered off and missed. however then came the warriors, pouring 40 rapid fire gauss shots into the bikes along with 2 flayer shots from the lord. needless to say the bikes died (icluding the chaplain ). the destroyers jumped behind cover (although 1 was still visible).

Black templars turn 2

the command squad and squad righteousness led by the emperors champion advanced grimly towards the warrior phalanx. downing 2 crons with bolt pistol fire. squad fury rallied and squad zeal advanced around the left centre scenery, they were now far from the action. assault squad wrath davanced, shot and charged the destroyers anbd heavy destroyer (not the destroyer lord) taking one of the floating monstrosity down with a plasma pistol. they knocked down three in the subsequent combat for none of their own. but the destroyers held fast. (at this point my opponent started cackling about a master plan).

Necrons turn 3 (the plan is unvieled)

the destroyer lord turbo boosts away to the right flank where most of the action is now taking place (or about to) and the destroyers withdraw from combat (grr i didn't know they could do that!) re-appearing from the monoliths portal in a burst of light and in the process re rolling all the failed wbb rolls, meaning they all survived, for some reason he left the heavy destroyer in combat (perhaps he can only use the portal on one unit per turn) and counter charged with the wraiths. the scarabs appered behind the right flank. on the right flank two crons had failed their wbb from my pistol fire and only 36 blaster, 2 flayer, 6 destroyer and 2 particled whip shots hit squad righteousness (gulp) but miraculously 3 along with the emperors champion survived. the destroyers then used their assault move to get behind the warrior phalanx. squad righteousness advanced.

Black templars turn 3 (the tide turns)

squad zeal and the remanants of squad fury started the long trek back to the action. assault squad wrath deftly scored two wounds on a wraith and killed the heavy destroyer for 2 losses. then with a roar of bolt pistols, a hum of chainswords and scream of fury, the black templars entered the fray. the command squad hit the right hand warrior squad and the chaplain hit the lord, the emperors champions squad hit the left hand warrior squad. I reveiled my holy relic! both squads now had 4 attacks per marine!. making good use of this the emperors champion and his squad cut down the eight remaining warriors of the left hand squad and the command squad downed 8 warriors from the right hand squad (they would probably have got them all but i forgot litanies of hate!). the chaplain buried the necron lord under 6 ws5 str5 power weapon attacks! but seeing as they struck simultaneously the lord scored a wound of his own.

Necron Turn 4 (the mass resurection)

I'm not exactly sure but I think 3 warriors stood back up from the right hand squad along with the lord. the left hand squad appeared from the portal, all eight of them! the emperors champions squad was then buried under sustained gauss fire. the command squad killed two warriors and the chaplain re killed the necron lord, they lost 2 men to the charging destroyer lord. the assault squad killed a wraith and wounded the other for no losses, the remaining wraith then fled off the table! the assault squad stopping just short of following it.

Black templar turn 4

Squads fury and zeal continued their trek across the battle field and the chaplain downed the lord but was slain in the process. the command squad lost two men to the destroyer lord and i dont think caused any wounds in return. the assault sqaud hit the newly emeged warriors and contacted the monolith into the bargain, they downed 3 and lost 1 (i think) as well as felling the monolith! no more darn portals to worry about.

necrons turn 5

the scarabs charged into the combat with the assault marines, i only needed to kill 7 models with the necron rule now to achieve phase out! and there were 10 in combat. i cant remember causaultys this turn but they werent enough.

Black templars turn 5 (last turn)

squad fury with their powerfist charged into the combat with the right hand warrior unti and squad zeal charged the scarabs (they couldnt reach anything else). At the end of the game there were 6 warriors, 6 destroyers and 2 lords remaining. I had not achieved phase out.

Sumary: In the end it was agreed that he won because he had the most points reamaining. however I think that had we palyed on I would have won because I only needed to kill 5 or 6 warriors and the game should have been six turns but we ran out of time. so what do you think? (of the battle report and who won). perhaps I will call it a draw.
Tashvar Myen Jkaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 10:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: My first Batrep 1500 pts black templar vs necrons

Well that was a good read, thanks .

Unfortunately, I think he won because if you run out of time then you run out of time. It's just one of those things.

If I were you I'd get revenge >.

By the way, a few pictures [not many] would be nice in the future.

- Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2008, 10:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks. I was going to take some pictures but decided against it because I havnt quite finished painting all my men.
Tashvar Myen Jkaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2008, 10:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name
Thanks. I was going to take some pictures but decided against it because I havnt quite finished painting all my men.
That doesn't matter. It makes it more interesting to see pictures of what's going on .

- Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote