Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Bat Rep] 2000 points. Marines vs Necrons
Old 08 May 2008, 16:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default [Bat Rep] 2000 points. Marines vs Necrons

Ok guys, first of all both of these armies are mine, a friend played with my Necrons cos he fancied a change (he does that occasionally) so he isn't an experienced necron player, although i've beat his eldar and chaos armies plenty with them lol so he knows the basics. It was a spur of the moment game so i don't know the exact army lists but here goes:

Necrons:

Nightbringer
Lord, veil and res orb

12 warriors
12 warriors

5 immortals

3 wraiths
3 destroyers
3 destroyers

heavy destroyer
heavy destroyer
monolith

Marines:

Termie master, Storm bolter and power weapon (hammer)
Chappie, jump pack, power fist

10 marines, melta, vet serg with power fist
10 marines, melta, vet serg with power fist
10 snipers

5 termies, 2 assault cannons
Dreadnought
6 vets, plas, lascann, razorback with lascann

10 assault marines, vet serg with power fist

L/raider crusader

Necrons won the roll off and chose deployment zones, the mission was take and hold and the objective was the ruined manufactorum in the centre of the board. Necrons also got first turn.

Necron first turn: Lord veils himself and immortals out of the ruins and move about 12" forward to get a shot at the snipers. The combined fire of the immortals and the warriors only manage to kill three snipers, mainly due to there cover. The heavy destroyers break to the right and fire on the land raider stunning it. Both destroyer squads break left and fire on the land raider stunning it again! The nightbringer and the wraiths head for the objective!

Marine first turn: Tac squad closest to destroyers moves into cover, crusader uses itís power of the machine spirit to move forward 12Ē and disembark the termies, they fire on the heavy destroyers ripping both to bits. Assault squad jumps in behind crusader. Tac squad nearest objective fires on the wraiths killing two and causing them to fall back. Dread moves towards immortals and combines fire with the snipers killing two. Razorback moves 12Ē forward and disembarks the vets who use it for cover.

Necron second turn: WBB, 1 immortal and 1 wraith get up. Monolith deep strikes in front of snipers firing the gauss flux arcs killing one sniper, one vet, and destroying the razorback!!!!! Warriors and immortals kill two scouts. Warriors near objective stun crusader. Nightbringer moves and assaults termies killing two. Destroyers kill 3 marines from closest squad. Wraiths charge dreadnought and stun it but lose one in the battle.

Marine second turn: Vets fire at the monolith completely missing. Snipers fire on the immortals destroying none! Tac squad canít scratch destroyers. Land raiders assault cannon and multimelta tear the one destroyer squad to pieces. Assault mrines leap forward into the ruin housing the warriors and smash nine of them to the floor but lose one of there own in the process. The final necron fails to hold and is overrun. Termies take one wound from the nightbringer. The wraith tears the assault cannon from the dreadnoughtís right arm.

Necron third turn: WBB, 1 destroyer gets back up and joins other squad. Destroyers move and fire on tac squad killing three. Immortals move forward and fire on tac squad killing two. Monolith teleports warriors who emerge from the portal, firing on the vets and killing three. Monoliths flux arc kills 1 scout. Wraith stuns the dreadnought again. Nightbringer kills all the termies!!!!!

Marine third turn: Vets fire at the monolith missing again! Raider wounds the nightbringer. Tac squad moves toward destroyers killing two from firing before charging and finishing them off. Assault squad charge the nightbringer, the chaplain and the vet sergeant rip into the Cítan using there power fists and destroy him!!! The tac squad nearest the objective move toward the immortals fring and then assaulting them destroying all but the lord who holds. Scouts charge the warriors killing two. Dread and wraith continue scrapping.

Necron fourth turn: Two immortals and one warrior get back up. Lord veils immortals toward warriors, they fire on the vets finishing them off. Monolith finishes scouts. Dread and wraith are still swinging there handbags!

Marine fourth turn: Tac squad and assault squad seize objective, Land raider moves to cover the objective. Dread and wraith are still going!!!!

Necron fifth turn: With the marines holding the objective and the necrons nearly at "faze out" the game is conceded.

Victory to the Ultramarines!

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 10:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: [Bat Rep] 2000 points. Marines vs Necrons

The turn news was a bit brief and seemed quite rushed, but apart from that it was ok.

I like you models though. The Assault Squad and a certain Veteran Sergeant I saw looked very good. Have you ever thought about posting them on TO?

- Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 19:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yeah i might post them at some point, you're right about the descriptions being rushed. Like i said at the beginning though it was a spur of the moment game, usually if the game was organised i'd write things down as they happened but this time around i had to try and remember what happened by looking at the pics lol.

Old 11 May 2008, 07:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose
Yeah i might post them at some point, you're right about the descriptions being rushed. Like i said at the beginning though it was a spur of the moment game, usually if the game was organised i'd write things down as they happened but this time around i had to try and remember what happened by looking at the pics lol.
Oh ok then. Good job.

- Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2008, 18:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Very good report. The pictures really helped me appreciate the tactics of the battle.
Old 18 May 2008, 22:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

A very nice report, coulda used more explenation between turns but still good. +1 Karma!

Although I do have a question or a thought perhaps, the Ultramarines almost look like they've been pained by 3 different people. Some of the models particularly the Tactical Marines look good but fairly plain. While the Assault Squad shares the same normal scheme but is a lot more detailed, while some of the other models like the Chaplain and the vets are painted quite differently, like heir armor is black highlighted blue. What's the reason for all that?

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2008, 15:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
A very nice report, coulda used more explenation between turns but still good. +1 Karma!

Although I do have a question or a thought perhaps, the Ultramarines almost look like they've been pained by 3 different people. Some of the models particularly the Tactical Marines look good but fairly plain. While the Assault Squad shares the same normal scheme but is a lot more detailed, while some of the other models like the Chaplain and the vets are painted quite differently, like heir armor is black highlighted blue. What's the reason for all that?
The ultramarines are my first army, i used to play space crusade when i was a kid but then i didn't take up 40k until Dawn Of War come out, the game got me into 40k again so to speak. The ultramarines have been painted, stripped, re sprayed and painted again etc cos i'm still learning how to paint really. I'm happy with the results i can get but i'm not happy with the timescale, it takes me too long to paint a squad so i've been sampling different techniques to try and find a happy medium. Eventually when i've come to rest on a paint scheme i'm happy with i'll start replacing the squads one by one and flog the old ones on ebay to recover the money. I want an apocalypse size army.

I'm glad you noticed though, i didn't think the pictures were that good that you'd notice lol!

Do you mind me asking which colour scheme you prefer?

Old 24 May 2008, 22:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

The painting looks very well done, but as for schemes while the darker scheme looks pretty good it seems more along the lines of Crimson Fists than Ultramarines. IMO the Assault Squad scheme looks the best and most Ultramariney. I really wish I could paint skin tones like that.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2008, 12:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Brilliant Ultramarine models you have there, I enjoyed the BatRep a lot. And congratulations on winning.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote