Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Bat Rep] Tyranids Vs. Space Marines 1250 Points
Old 24 Apr 2008, 05:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default [Bat Rep] Tyranids Vs. Space Marines 1250 Points

This battle report will be my first one, it'll be more of a Narration since I played this game last Saturday. It was in a City map with huge amounts of Cover.
My list
Melee Flyrant, Broodlord with 8 genestealer Retinue, Fast attack Winged Warriors (3), Fast Attack Winged Rippers, Elite Lictors (2), 12 Devilgaunts and 12 termagaunts, and a super Sniperfex.

Opponent's Army
Whirlwind with the Vengeance Missiles, Razorback with Lascannon, Two Full Troop Squads, Command Squad, Veteran Squad, Shrike, Devestator Squad and an Assault Squad.

Deployment:
I deploy mainly behind Cover and out of LoS, I deploy my Tyrant on top of a building with perfect view of everything he has to offer. He deploys mainly spread out and about with my Infiltrated Genestealers eyeing his Devestators hungrily.

Turn One-
His Troops all advance forward, his tanks stay put. His shooting phase goes off with him firing at my Carnifex, his Vengeance Missiles do nothing to phase my Monstrous Carnifex. His devestators fire wildly into my Broodlord Group and manage to fry one Genestealer who didn't get to duck behind a pillar in time. His Command Squad and Veteran Squad unleash Plasma pistol and Bolt Pistol shots wildly into the Broodlords group, unphasing and inneffective against those beasts. His assault phase (which he stupidly tries to pull) He assaults blindly into my Mass of Genestealers. Half of my Squad fights his Commnd Squad, the Other half against the Veterans. My Cover initiative allows me to lure the foolish marines into a trap, with The Broodlord and four of his Faithful Stealers, unleashing twelve attacks against the Command Squad, scoring an untold six rending hits, slashing them to ribbons. The Other half do even better with five out of the six attacks scoring rending hits. I massacre six inches towards his Devestator Squad, this Game is looking so far so good for me.

My turn, I advance all of my troops forward, keeping in mind to stay in cover, My shooting phase brings with me twenty four Devourer shots into one of his Troop Squads, bringing down eight of the Ten. He makes his leadership save. My Termgaunts are out of range for the other group though. One of my Warriors fires off two venom cannon shots into the Whirlwind, immobolising it. My Carnifex finishishes it off with another blast of steaming venom. My Stealers advance toward his Devestators. My rippers flutter off toward his Second Troop Squad. Assault phase, My Stealers rip into the Devestators, He strikes first for being in cover and scores no hits. I have twenty six attacks then after, 4 rending and then three power weapon wounds from the Broodlord, and then it was over for them. I massacre towards his Shrike, goading him to bring it on. My Rippers Charge into the Troops, doing nothing more than exchange useless blows against oneanother. End of my turn.

Round 2
His remaining two troops from his crippled squad move forward, his Razorback stays put in firing position, his Assault Squad fails to Deepstrike in, and he Moves Shrike in position to Assault the Rippers. His Razorback fires off a powerful bolt of Las as the shot nearly hits the carnifex, but merely shatters part of the roof in front of him. His two marines not in combat fire away at the Devilgaunts, killing two. He can not assault the Devilgaunts because of Rapidfire and his Shrike is just inches short of the rippers. The ensuing battle reduces one of my rippers to one wound, and I killing off Three marines.

My turn, I make one of my Reserve Rolls for my Lictors, and it deploys right behind his Razorback. Perfect. I move my Genestealers Right Behind Shrike. I fly my Monstrous Tyrant closer to the battle. My Devilgaunts move out of Cover and my Termagaunts decide to lurk. My Warriors Fly behind the two remaining marines. My shooting Phase is fantasitc as I cause a wound to Shrike with my BArbed Strongler from my Carnifex. The Biological Ammunition rips the Marine to shreds and his biomass lying in a puddle awaiting collection. MY Devilgaunts Take out the remaining marines. MY Genestealers pummel into his last squad of Marines and rip them to pieces of power armor and bones. My lictor fails to damage the stationary tank, and recollects himself for a second asasult.

Round 3
His Assault Squad drops in, out of range for anything. His razorback manages to kill a Devilgaunt. End of his turn.

My turn. I Fly my Tyrant closer to his Assaulters, my Genestealers clamber towards them, bascially my whole army is swarming for them and my second Lictor deploys right behind them. My Carnifex manages to take out two of the Marines, and pins the squad!!! My tyrant and Lictor Assault the last three, Rending and ripping them to nothing. My lictor manages to pierce the armor of the Razorback and rip out the driver from his seat, tearing him to hunks of flesh.

In the end my army wiped the board of him, I lost a grand total of four models. I took this time to help the player, he was I think 7-8th grader and I'm a senior in Highschool, but I took the time to educate him a bit about his tactics. His first mistake was taking the Vengeance missiles, I took advantage of every bit of cover I could, and taking those Castellan Missiles would've been more effective to take out my Troops. Secondly, he deployed int plain LoS, and mostly out of cover. I don't care if its a 6+ cover save or a 3+, always take advantage of Cover when possible. His Fatal mistake was choosing not to Dakka my Broodlord group, but instead assault them while they were in cover. His Devestators were tooled for more anti-armor (missile launcher, two lascannons and a plasma cannon.) and I was hiding in a nice 3+ Cover save area. So that saved all but one stealer, but yet he wouldn't heed my warning about charging blindly into a group of in-cover 'Stealers. With his Comman squad and veterans gone, there was nothing really left to fight my Broodlord, except Shrike. Another one of his downfalls was just pure unluck, I know theres no tactic against it but he failed eight out of sixteen saves. After that I just basically cleaned house.

End result, a total victory for the Hive mind, causing an almost embarassing loss to the Space Marine Scum.
takahashikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2008, 06:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to F3AR
Default Re: [Bat Rep] Tyranids Vs. Space Marines 1250 Points

Sounds like lucky rolls and sound strategy won the game for you. Congrats, I liked this battle rep and hope there are more to come. That Space Marine scum deserved what was coming to him!
Deathwing: 9-5-3
F3AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2008, 15:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3AR
Sounds like lucky rolls and sound strategy won the game for you. Congrats, I liked this battle rep and hope there are more to come. That Space Marine scum deserved what was coming to him!
Luck did play a big part (my rending came in alot suprisingly) But he also chose to asault into cover without any grenades. (Laughs as visions of monstrous claws rips through marines as they charge into a bush.)
Old 08 May 2008, 21:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I really liked the bp, but I feel bad for the marine player lol. Perhaps you could have given him the advice before he made the mistake (such as assisting him in his deployment).
Old 09 May 2008, 13:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa
I really liked the bp, but I feel bad for the marine player lol. Perhaps you could have given him the advice before he made the mistake (such as assisting him in his deployment).
Yeah, but at the GW I play at, most of the advice comes from after the game has been played. It gives the players a chance to play how they want to play so they can try their tactics in a trial and error sort of way.
Old 09 May 2008, 14:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Did he really shoot the whirlwind at the fex? On turn one with so many more juicy targets lurking?
Darth_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2008, 15:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ca'rees
Did he really shoot the whirlwind at the fex? On turn one with so many more juicy targets lurking?
Yep, he also took the missiles that didn't ignore cover saves.