Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Da Boyz vs Necrons - 1500 pts
Old 20 Mar 2008, 23:19   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Da Boyz vs Necrons - 1500 pts

I played against Necrons this week, using the same list as last week(Ref. 'Da Boyz 1500 pts of Orky greenness&#39, I just felt that the list needed some more testing before modifying anything.

My opponent fielded:

1 Monolith
2 Destroyer squads(5 each)
3 Warrior squads(10, 10 and 11 man each)
1 Lord with a Veil of Darkness and a Res Orb

[EDIT BY REQUEST]
I fielded:

HQ

Big Mek
+ Shokk Attack Gun
+ 'Eavy Armour

Troops

Slugga Boyz (12) * 2
+ Nob
+ Power Klaw
+ Wartrukk
+ Grot Riggers
+ Reinforced Ram

Shoota Boyz (12) * 2
+ Big Shoota
+ Wartrukk
+ Grot Riggers
+ Reinforced Ram

Elites

Lootas (15)

Nob Squad (10)
+ Bikers
+ 3 Power Klaw's
+ Waaagh banner
+ Bosspole
+ Painboy
+ Cyborks

Deployment

I placed my Bikers on my left flank, right across from his one Destroyer squad, mostly(if not completely) out of sight from the 'Lith.

My Mek and 2 squads of Shoota boy Trukks were on the same flank as the Bikes, but hidden in a bush.(Aiming at his Warriors with Lord attached across from them, and possibly anything coming out the 'Lith)

My 2 squads of Slugga Trukks were on my right flank, behind some buildings across from his other Destroyers and a squad of Warriors.

My Lootas were in a trench thing of sorts, directly across from his last squad of Warriors.(But still able to see most of the table and cover the entire centre position)

My opponent got turn 1.(Again - sigh)

Turn 1 - Necrons

Moved forward with his Destroyers across from my Bikes and shot at them, killing 1 and wounding another.
Moved forward with his 'Lith and shot at the Lootas, killing 2.
Moved forward with the Warriors across from the Lootas and the ones across the Shootas.
Moved slightly with his other Destroyers and shot at the Lootas, doing nothing.

Turn 1 - Orks

Moved forward with the Slugga Trukks, going Fast and hiding behind a bush.
Moved forward with the Shoota Trukks and tried to shoot at the Warriors, but didn't do much.(WBB to the rescue - WBBttR)
Moved forward with the Bikes and shot at the Destroyers, killing 1.
SAG shot at the Warriors.(WBBttR)
Lootas shot at the Warriors across form them.(WBBttR)

Turn 2 - Necrons

Moved away from the Bikes with his Destroyers and shot at them, causing number 2 to drop and a wound to carry over.
'Lith tried shooting at the Nobz - meh.
Warriors(with Lord) shot at one Shoota Trukk, causing it to Kerrunch!
Destroyers shot at a Slugga Trukk, causing it to Kerrunch!
Warriors shot at the other Slugga Trukk, but Ork armour stayed intact, if a bit hot.

Turn 2 - Orks

Declared Waaagh!
Moved with the Bikes and assaulted the Destroyers, ripping them to pieces.
Both Slugga Trukk boyz rushed to the other Destroyers and tore them to shreds, 1 squad consolidating into the Warrior squad close by.
SAG and Shoota boyz shot at the Warriors across from them and downed a bunch of which all but 1 got back up.(WBBttR)
Lootas shot at the Warriors but - yep - WBBttR.

Turn 3 - Necrons

Pulled his Warriors that my boyz consolidated into through his Monolith and moved them towards my Bikes.
Moved with his Lorded-Warriors to form up against my Bikers and shot, taking them down to 6.
Moved his last squad of Warriors onto the central hill to shoot at my Shoota boyz on the other side, killed about 2 Boyz.

Turn 3 - Orks

My Bikers formed up for the challenge from his Lord, assaulted, dropped ALL of them, but because of the Res Orb and the other squad being within 6", WBBttR and got back his Lord and 7 out of 9 Warriors.
My Shootas moved towards his Warriors on the hill, shot at them with the Lootas, and assaulted the 3 that were left standing, wiping out the whole squad.
One squad of Sluggas got back in the Trukk, the other started slogging to the action.

Turn 4 - Necrons

Attached his Lord to the now HUGE squad of Warriors(WBBttR meant that they had to form part of the other squad) and shot at my Bikers, bringing them down to 4 - after a rerolled leadership.
The 'Lith shot at both my Shoota Boy squads, taking 2 from the one and 1 from the other.

Turn 4 - Orks

Assaulted his Humungo squad of Warriors, beat him down to a manageable size, only to have WBBttR, bringing back all but 2 or 3.
Went Fast with my Slugga Trukk, meaning to either help out the Nobz, or take out the 'Lith.(The latter would have been very difficult)
The Shoota boyz played a little game of King of the Hill.

Turn 5 - Necrons

WBBttR.
He teleported(Veil of Darkness) his Warriors toward the middle, and emptied out on my poor Shoota boyz, removing 1 squad from the table.
His 'Lith shot at everything, causing no damage to the Nobz and little to the rest.

Turn 5 - Orks

Bikers bang into the 'Lith, do some orky voodoo and bust it up into scrap metal for the Mek to work with.
Slugga boyz come over the hill to greet the newly landed Warriors, as do the Shoota Boyz.
1 squad Shoota's, 1 squad Slugga's, 1 squad Lootas and 1 Big Mek with SAG shoots at the Warrior squad, dropping a miserable 3 or 4. The Slugga's and Shoota's assault the squad and drop them down to 2 Warriors and 1 Lord.

He gets back up with 6 Warriors, just 2 short for him not to phase out, so he phases and we count stock.

What seemed like a victory for him to me, was completely the other way around. He only killed 2 Trukks, 1 squad of Shoota's and half my Nobz(which to date is the most I've lost).
Crushing Victory for the Orks!

I was a bit irritated with the WBB saves because he got them regardless of instant death(against the Bikes anyway) and my opponent was rolling like a Bat out of Hell.

All in all a fun game, with me realising at the end - again - that Biker Nobz can take a Battlewagon load of punishment and walk out with a lopsided grin on their faces.
The Slugga Trukk boyz work well together as do the Shoota's.
The Lootas, though not as effective this game, still have me convinced that they are pure gold.

My HQ is still troubling me a bit though, so I think I'm going to go back to the Warboss, except that I'm going to give him a Big Choppa, 'Eavy Armour, Attack Squig, Cybork Body and probably a Bosspole, put him in one of the Slugga Trukks and tell him to get on with the job.

Anyway, that's my rambling for the week. Any comments?

Cheers,
Hawkies
Old 24 Mar 2008, 14:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Da Boyz vs Necrons - 1500 pts

Seemed like this game could have gone in favor of the Necrons but you did well, especially considering how many WBB rolls he was making. Against Necrons it's sometimes just a matter of attrition, working that phase out number. Tying him up in assault was key and getting into assault by turn 2 was nicely done.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 15:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Congo Ratz on the win!! Although I can tell by reading the report, would you mind posting what you fielded, just so people can tell from a glance?
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2008, 15:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkies
My opponent fielded:

1 Monolith
2 Destroyer squads(5 each)
3 Warrior squads(10, 10 and 11 man each)
1 Lord with a Veil of Darkness and a Res Orb
Wow. Necron Uber cheese. Good job taking it down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkies
My HQ is still troubling me a bit though, so I think I'm going to go back to the Warboss, except that I'm going to give him a Big Choppa, 'Eavy Armour, Attack Squig, Cybork Body and probably a Bosspole, put him in one of the Slugga Trukks and tell him to get on with the job.
You could also mount him on a bike and travel with the nob bikers if you wanted, of course, the bikers do not need more help. That said, you might consider removing one nob biker and replacing him with a biker warboss, as you then have a model in the squad that can take a lascannon hit without instant death being an issue.

The good thing about a warboss is that the Nob bikers can be a troops choice. Since they can be either, you can use this to your advantage, either by keeping them elite for the later deployment, or use them as troops for rescue or patrol missions, or even to increase the number of points spent in troops for tourneys where this is taken into account. (i.e. Rogue Trader.)
BrownKnight is offline   Reply With Quote