Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Blood Angels Vs Death Guard Battle Report 1750 pts (warnings lots of pictures!)
Old 15 Mar 2008, 20:14   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Blood Angels Vs Death Guard Battle Report 1750 pts (warnings lots of pictures!)

Alright I have the best battle that I played with my current incarnation of my Death Guard just moments ago and I would like to share it with you guys.

Chaplain Romulus and Commander Remus of the Blood Angels are upon the streets of the capital of Edifir with a mission that would help determine the fate of the refugees that are escaping the capital at the precise moment under the cover of night. They knew that the Plague Marines of Baldr's force are slowly closing in on the refugees. Each one of the Space Marines knew that if they fail in their duty, the lives of at least twenty thousand refugees are as good as being cast into the fiery eyes of the warp.

And thus with that duty in mind, they have send forth the greatest of their armories to withstand the tides of the Plague Marine's advance. With two Land Raiders with assault Marines in them, and another Land Raider Crusader, they knew that even the most unholy of the servants of Chaos will find hard to destroy.The commander speaks though the Chaplain using the build-in vox system inside his helmet.

"My Brother, I can feel it. They are close b..."

Suddenly one of the Land Raider is lost in a huge explosion, followed by another. The destruction of the Land raiders have caught the Marines by surprise, and suddenly a real dread is within their minds. It will be a hard-fought battle...

Alright the battle is a house rule of the basic Omega Cleanse mission, where instead of deploying in quarters, one have to deploy at the full length of the table.

The special rules used for the mission is Dusk and Dawn and random game lenght.

My list is consist of;

1 Winged Nurgle Daemon Prince with Warptime
3 Squads of 8 Plague Marines with 2 plasma guns and a powerfist, inside a Rhino with Extra armour and Dozer Baldes
1 squad of Plague raptors with 2 flamers and powerfist
2 Predators with autocannon turret and Lascannon sponsons
1 squad of 2 Obliterators

My opponent's Blood Angels's list consist of
1 Force Commander with Jump Packs, bolt pistol and power weapon
1 Chaplain with a retinue of 9 Death Company mounted in Land Raider Crusader
2 Squads of 10 Assault Marines on foot with power fist, mounted in Land Raiders
2 Free rhinos that comes with Assault Marines on foot

We rolled as usual for who chooses table sides, and I lost. After some while deploying, here's how we deployed our forces.

Since Night fight is during the first turn, my opponent lets me start first.

Turn
Death Guard

The Rhinos rushed forward and popped their smoke launchers, and disembarking all their infantry units out from the transport. The raptors then proceed to march down the left flank. Then the Daemon Prince moved forward and brings itself closer to the Land Raider at the leftmost corner.The Predators the pivot towards their respective targets (The left on trying to get the first land raider to the left, while the Second one attempts to gun down the Land raider Crusader). The obliterators then walked down the building trying to bring itself closer to the First Land Raider.

In the shooting phase the Predators failed to do anything to the Land Raider Crusader and Land Raider. However the Obliterators managed to destroy one of the Land Raiders, causing their infantry to disembark, and entangled and they suffered one casualty.

In the assault Phase the Daemon Prince charged the second Land raider and successfully destroying the second Land Raider causing the troops within to disembark and get entangled, and they suffer 3 casualties.

Blood Angel's Turn

The Crusader retreats back behind the building, while the Rhino at the right Flank turbocharged it engines to move forward towards my deployment zone.

No shooting or Assault is initiated by the Blood Angel's

End of Turn 1

Turn 2

Before the turn commenced, he Daemon Prince successfully cast its warptime powers.

The Left flank of the Death Guards marches on unopposed, thanks to the combinations of Dozer blades, Rhino Wall and good Difficult terrain roll. The Daemon Prince proceed to hunt down the lone Rhino at the right flank, while the obliterators stood their ground. The Predator at the right proceed to move towards the left flank to support the marching Death Guard while the second Predator moved on to try its best to gun down the entangled Marines.

In the shooting Phase the Obliterators fired its Plasma Cannons killing 3 Assault Marines from the first Land Raider.

In the assault Phase the Daemon Prince easily smashed the Rhino to pieces.

Blood Angels

The only remaining Blood Angels Rhino attempts a Tank shock at the Raptors and managed to push back the raptors.

(Sorry about the lack of Pictures for turn 2 as I have mixed up the pics with Turn 3. :P )

Turn 3
Death Guard

Nothing much changed, as the left flank marches on unopposed.

In the shooting phase, Plasmaguns from the leftmost Plague Marine squad destroyed the Last Blood Angels Rhino while the Plasma canon takes on the second Assault Marine squad with its plasma cannon, killing 4 of them. The Lascannon from the second Predator killed another Assault Marine from the first Land Raider.

Blood Angels

Commander moves itself behind the building.

The Land raider Crusader have line of sigh towards the first Plague Marine squad and opened fire with its Multi Melta and Assault Cannons, killing one Plague Marine.

End of turn 3

Turn 4
Death Guard

The Predators moved themselves towards the left flank while the Obliterators and the Daemon Prince proceed to march on to the left flank while the Plague Marines and Raptors bunker themselves behind the Rhino wall.

In the shooting Phase, the second Predator tries to fire one of its lascannons at the Crusader, and managing to destroy the Multi-melta.

Blood Angels
With desperation, the Entire right flank of the Blood Angels burst forth to try and charge the Daemon Prince, managing to wound the Daemon Prince once, while the Daemon Prince kills off the Commander.

As for the shooting phase, The Crusader managed to immobilized a Rhino with its Assault Cannons.

End of turn 4

Turn 5
Death Guard

Predators and Obliterators proceed to move towards the left flank to bolster the lines of the Plague Marines and Raptors, who do not have the necessary weapons to deal with the Crusader.

In the shooting Phase, the Lascannon from the first Predator tries its second attempt to kill the Land raider but failing spectacularly.

In the Assault Phase, the Daemon Prince feell, but not without wiping out the remnants of the second Assault squad. The consolidate into the Obliterators.

Blood angels

Land raider Crusader moves towards the right flank, and while in the attempt immobilizing another Rhino.

The Assault Marines killed off the Obliterators and moved on towards the predator.

End of Turn 5

Turn 6
Death Guard

All elements of the Left flank proceed to move towards the right flank.

the Second Predator turns aroun and fires all its weapons towards the incoming Assault Squad bringing down two of them

Blood Angels

Land raider shoots at the third rhino with its Assault cannon destroying it.

They charged into the Predator, destroying it with a powerfist.

Turn 7
Death Guard

Raptors entered into difficult terrain to try and get closer to the assault squad but two died in the process due to failed Difficult terrain Test. Plague Marine squad three managed to get close enough to the Assault Marines to shoot.

In the shooting phase, the rapid-firing plasmagun from the Plague marines and double flamers from the Raptors managed to bring down another 2 more.

The raptors charged into the Assault squad, killing all but one of the assault squad while 3 raptors are killed by powerfists.

Blood Angels

Land raider Crusader moved out from behind the building and spill out the Chaplain and the Death company. They then charged the Raptors and also the third Plague Marine squad, killing off all the raptors and also 4 of the Plague Marines. They then consolidate into the third Plague marine Squad.

End of turn 7

Turn 8
Death Guard
All Plague Marines moved closer to the Death Company, seeking to annihilate them.

The remaining predator then pivots towards the side of the Land Raider and firing its two lascannons in point-blank range, destroying the Crusader.

In the Assault Phase, the Death Company managed to wipe the remnants of the third Plague Marine squad, while the chaplain managed to thin down the second Plague Marine squad by half. In return, the Plague Marines bring down 3 of the Death company down.

turn 9
Death Guard
Plague Marines managed to bring down another two more of the Death Company, but only three Plague marines remain.

Blood Angels
The lone remaining member of the assault squad proceed to assault the Predator and destroy it.

Chaplain and Death Company duly kills all the remaining plague Marines.

end of turn 9

Survivors
Death Guard:

2 Immobilized Rhinos

Blood Angels:

1 Chaplain
4 Death Company

Highlights of the battle

1. Destruction of two Land Raiders in the first turn.

2. The Unopposed Death Guard march of the Left flank.

3. Daemon Prince dying under attack by the entire remaining forces of the Blood Angels in the right flank

4. The 'crusade' of the Blood Angels from right flank to left.

5. The arrival of Death Company and the beginning of the end; the Epic battle between the entire remaining forces of the Death Guard against a squad of Death Company.

6. Predator Destroys Crusader at point-blank range.

Afterthought

Initially, the Blood Angels player gave me the first turn due to the fact that he is relying upon the Dusk and Dawn rules on turn one. However due to some lucky dice rolling, the entire right flank of the Blood Angels fell with the death of the two land raiders in first turn. The Death Guard on the right flank just marched on the left flank, trying to tighten the noose upon the Crusader.

As the game proceeded on, the Death Guard is winning the battle, and by turn 6 it should have ended with a massive Death Guard victory. However the random game length came in and both the Blood Angels and the Death Guard find themselves annihilating each other down to the last men. In the end no one is left with any scoring units, and thus the entire game have gone into a draw, with the Blood Angels having the slight advantage.

As all of us talked about the game which took almost everyone (including the spectators) in the store by surprise, they noticed that the death guard have the tactical and strategic advantage over the Blood Angels. However, as the game proceed on to its random game length, the favour began to slip away from my hands as a result of the remnants of the Blood Angels right flank breaking through behind the enemy lines and the sudden counterassault by the Death Company changed the fields of battle significantly, with them wiping out the raptors and also three Plague Marine Squad with their rending and power weapon on the Chaplain.

In all it is a great and fluffy game where both sides played to their final moments, all the while enjoying the intensity of the game.

Most of their battle brothers lay broken amidst the ruins of the city, and the survivors thanked the Emperor for their survival.The remaining Death Company, the chaplain and the lone sergeant, walks away from the battle, their pride broken by the loss of so many of their bretherens. They know that this is but a part of the massive vanguard forces of Chaos upon the world, but they swore by their Primarch that they will be waiting for the next battle against the forces of Baldr upon this wretched world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2008, 21:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Blood Angels Vs Death Guard Battle Report 1750 pts (warnings lots of picture

Fun read thanks
I totally want those two armies :P

Do you you guys only play cleanse, do you roll for missions or something else?
Do you always take so many plasma guns and power fists, or was this especially to take out marines?

"One thing about programming, is to make everything boring... You don't want a 100 tonne turbine to get exiting"
GeorgeCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2008, 02:01   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Blood Angels Vs Death Guard Battle Report 1750 pts (warnings lots of pictures!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeCrane
Do you you guys only play cleanse, do you roll for missions or something else?
Do you always take so many plasma guns and power fists, or was this especially to take out marines?
These days we roll for missions when we play a friendly game, for it brings much more fun in the game.

As for the plasmaguns and powerfists, I always use them, prefering them for my Death Guard. Meltas and flamers are for my Sisters of Battl, and that keep gameplay between my armies distinct.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 16 Mar 2008, 03:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Blood Angels Vs Death Guard Battle Report 1750 pts (warnings lots of pictures!)

Crisis_Vyper,

Absolutely Sveet! This is my favorite kind of battle: Where it looks like things are in the bag, then everything takes a proverbial wrong turn at Albequerque... 8)
Thankyou for taking the time to post the graphical aids, and post this outstanding report. With your permission I would like to place a link to this in the BatReps section?

+1 Karma for enriching the community, and sharing your hobby,
TTFN,
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2008, 07:30   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Sian Kytonus (Ged)
Crisis_Vyper,

Absolutely Sveet! This is my favorite kind of battle: Where it looks like things are in the bag, then everything takes a proverbial wrong turn at Albequerque... 8)
Thankyou for taking the time to post the graphical aids, and post this outstanding report. With your permission I would like to place a link to this in the BatReps section?

+1 Karma for enriching the community, and sharing your hobby,
TTFN,
Ged
Sure thing Ged, put it into the Battle Reports section.

And thanks for the Karma Ged. ;D

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT