Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2 battle reports 2000 pt tau and ork vs inquisition and 1000pt tau vs ork
Old 20 Jan 2008, 03:27   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 2 battle reports 2000 pt tau and ork vs inquisition and 1000pt tau vs ork

Battle report 1 19 2008
Warboss grotsnik laughed as he saw his tau employers meticulously washing their guns and brand new Hammerhead tank. His boys were sitting in a circle around a fire laughing telling lewd jokes and bragging about how many fish heads they had killed. The joke that got the most laughs was told one of the veteran nobs about how tau were the only people so scared of real fighting that the last time they saw them fight they ran away from a bunch of grots. The raucous laughter afterwards drew some malicious stares from a group of dressed crisis suits. One of them no see ‘um fish ‘eads ran back to camp shouting to their leader in one of the battle suits that the Grey knights were soon approaching this was the only thing that Grotsnik envied about his employer he battle suit just might be stompier than his bike, but his bike was definitely shootier so he considered a fair trade. With a yell and a bit of kicking to some orks closest to him he got his mob up and ready to fight. The upcoming thought of speed sent him to a crazy delusion as he kicked his bike into high gear and heard the soft hum of the hammerhead turning on and grinned at the thought having such formidable force on his side.
2000 pts
Army lists ork and tau vs. inquisition
Ork army
HQ
Wazdakka gutsmek 180
Troops
7 bikes 175
12 hard boy’s nob with pk in trukk with recking ball 195
12 slugga boys nob with pk in trukk with recking ball 117
Elites
8 lootas 150 in battlewagon
Fast attack
1 war buggies w/ big shoota’s 30
Heavy support
Battlewagon with 4 big shoota’s kannon
3 kannons
1002 total
Forgive my probably incorrect guess but I don’t play tau or inquisition so I’m just guessing here and the inquisition had a proxy army also
Tau ally
Hammerhead with a bunch of upgrades
5 battle suits with shield drones and plasma stuff
2 fire warrior squads 12 in each
Stealth suit Infiltrators with burst cannons
Inquisition
3 full squads of grey knights 1 deep striking
Massive orbital bombardment on any terrain he placed and he placed the massive bunker that my allies suits were on the whole game
Tooled out dreadnought with tl lascanon hitting on 2+ is this even possible?
1 shooty terminator squad with 10 guys in it
Vindicator assassin
HQ was a special character with 10 grey knights in retinue

Deployment
We lose deployment and we go first which turns out to be a blessing because we’re playing 15 inch deployment zones and you can’t be with 24” of the enemy so he puts his Hammerhead down and keeps the grey knights from cover bonus we finish setup and mix our forces reasonably well I tried to draw the battle on paint I’m just going to show deployment and you use your imagination for the rest.
This is kind of confusing but try to stay with me here red blob on the north side is terminator squad yellow blobs are grey knight squads west grey knights have the vindicator with them green squad is tooled out command squad black dot is dreadnought
On South side of picture
Small dark blobs are ork wartrukk full of guys and the wartrukks have wrecking balls bright teal strip on south west corner is bikes with wazzdaka, dark teal square in south west corner is hammerhead large pink blobs are wimpy fire warriors who went the entire game without killing a single thing teal circle in south east is battlewagon full of loota’s and grey stripe is battle suits brown square is kannons white blob in middle of black square is infiltrated stealth teams and the large black circles and squares are area terrain which couldn’t be shot through unless with a hovering vehicle

First turn
Orks and tau
Ork and Tau win first turn and tau move battle suits up with the stealth suits and shoots a few pot shots and things inflicting no casualties. My war bikers move full 24 inches up the right and shoot at the grey knights killing four of them. Battlewagon moves 6 inches to the left and fires ineffectually at the terminators. War buggie and wartrukk move 20 inches forward staying behind area terrain with the buggy in front guarding the wartrukk. Center wartrukk moves up hiding in the area terrain in the where the stealth suits are, and shoots at the north east grey knights they have shrouding so nothing happens wazzdaka and his dakka lads are out of assault range by an inch oops
Inquisition
Nobody in his whole army moves dreadnought shoots exposed hammerhead but does nothing except vindicator tries to assault my center watrukk but falls 1 inch short when taking difficult terrain east grey knights shoot and then assault and the bikes killing all but 1 bike and wazzdaka himself bike does nothing wazzdaka kills another 4 grey knights leaving squad at only 3 left
Total casualties inflicted
Inquisition 6 bikes
Orks 7 grey knights
Tau nothing
Turn 2
Tau and Orks
Tau moves around some kills vindicator assassin with stealth suits hammerhead roles 1 on everything missing hammerhead and sub munitions battle suits kill 1 terminator Battlewagon moves another 6 inches west to shoot the dreadnought which has it lascannon blown off and is stunned. both wartukks move and drop of 24 boys to assault grey knights and terminators. trucks use wrecking ball on back armor of dreadnought and destroy it yippee. the boys shoot before they assault and 3 grey knights are dropped. they assault and lose 5 guys before even getting to attack back. They kill 2 and pk knob misses all attacks! Terminators go first kill 5 Orks remaining Orks kill nothing and p knob kills one. On other side of the board wazzdaka finishes off the squad he is fighting and consolidates into the nearby HQ squad and is only in range of assaulting the independent character in front yay!
Inquisition
He tries to orbital bombard and bring in reinforcements but miffs both of them
Everything he has is in assault so skips strait to that phase and terminators finish off Orks assaulting them. grey knights finish off all the Orks attacking them except for one nob with a wound left he miraculously outruns them and gets away.
Total inflicted casualties
Inquisition 7 bikes 23 slugga boys
Orks 15 grey knights 1 terminator and dreadnought
Tau vindicator assassin 1 terminator

Turn 3
Ork and Tau
Battlewagon moves 6 inches to get in better line of sight and shoot’s everything at the terminators killing none of them war buggie shoots at them ineffectually. Tau battle suits jump on top of the big cover in the middle and kill 5 of the remaining terminators reducing them to 3. The nob running away regroups and assaults them gets killed before can do anything. Wazzdaka wounds the special character with str 8 pk the character has toughness 3 and 3 wounds so he is instant killed. I did not know this but apparently if you kill the special character the squad is following they all leave. I didn’t know about this but the Inquisition guy said that’s what happens so he took them off.
Inquisition
He fail the bombardment again but deep strikes his last squad of grey knights in the middle of the north west field they scatter badly and go off the board all dying and he concedes
Final casualties
Orks 25 grey knights HQ special character dreadnought 1 terminators
Tau 6 dreadnoughts and vindicator
Inquisition 24 slugga boys 7 war bikes
Final score tau and Orks 1575
Inquisition around 250 pts left
Win by 1250
Annihilated
Gutsmik looked around after the battle and laughed with glee it had been a good scrap the wimpy fish ‘eads didn’t do anything. The more he thought about the more it annoyed him. The imperials they killed had too few guns to give shoota’s to all his boys. The tau, he knew they couldn’t fight. Maybe if he was sneaky and took their guns then his boys could get some really big guns. He decided to do that so the two armies were walking in separate columns back to camp when he struck his trap the tau had already had much experience with Orks and expected such deceit. They quickly drew up battle lines and began to fight. Gutsmik though dismayed roared his engine and raced at the enemy with glee.
1000 pts
ork army is the same except I left the kannons at home and took a weird boy which I forgot I had the entire game
Tau list is a little different but something like this
4 battle suits with drones and air fragmentation
2 squads of fire warriors 12 in each
20 kroot warriors
Hammerhead with a bunch of upgrades
Stealth team infiltrating
Map looked something like this

Forgot to put them in but battle suits in front of hammerhead
1st turn
Orks get to go first
Orks
war biker’s move up shoot at stealth suits and stealth suits make 6 saves. wazzdaka shoots his cannon at hammerhead missing all 4. Closest wartrukk moves full 24 towards the fire warriors with the second still behind the closest building. Battlewagon moves up six, lootas shoot out of it and hit the front armor 9 times but fail to roll a single six. War buggie shoots at stealth suits killing 1. Bikes assault, 2 get killed and kill 1 in return. Wazzdaka assaults and kills the last 4 by himself.
Tau
Battle suits move forward shoot at the bikers killing 3. Fire warriors shoot at them killing another 2. Other fire warriors stun a transport. Hammerhead shoots rail gun at battlewagon failing to damage it. Sub munitions stun the same transport again. Battle suits go against their tau nature and assault the bikes killing off the last of them and wounding Wazzdaka who kills one of the 3 drones following the battle suits around.
Total Casualties inflicted
7 war bikes
5 stealth suits and 1 shield drone
Turn 2
ork
1 transport is stunned so nothing happens there, other transport shoots out 24 inches and is 8 inches away from fire warrior squad in bunker. battlewagon ineffectually shoots at hammerhead again not getting a six out of 7 dice. War buggie shoots at fire warriors who are fine and Wazzdaka gets finished off without inflicting a single wound.
Tau
Hammerhead moves over a little to the other side of the building it was next to. Battle suits move back away from battlewagon and ineffectually shooting at it. It shoots rail gun at battlewagon it misses sub munitions stun trukk again and blow a gun off it. The two fire warriors’ teams and kroots who could shoot blew up the transport nearest the fire warriors and luckily even though he got three destroyed results they get out unharmed.
Total casualties
7 bikes destroyed wartrukk
5 stealth suit 1 shield drone
Turn 3
Orks
Orks all the Orks get out of their respective transports and charge! They completely destroy the fire warriors on the hill only losing 2 slugga boys (it only took a third of the roles I had to kill them with extra wounds?) 1 unit consolidates on the trench the fire warriors were in the other squad charges the battle suits on the hill war buggie kills nothing again lootas again fail to do anything to the hammerhead even though they needed one six out of 6 dice.
Tau
Nothing moves except hammerhead turning a little so I can’t get its side armor. Fire warriors on building fire at Orks in bunker killing 4 of them the kroots which still haven’t moved kill 2 more the mob fails their test and moves toward my side of the board a few inches. The battle suits gun down everyone in the squad that was going after them except for one nob who suffered a wound. The mob running away meshes with him and we forgot he was a separate mob.
Total casualties
7 bikes 17 boys’ wartrukk
5 stealth suits 1 shield drone 12 fire warriors
Turn 4
Ork
Wartrukk with wrecker ball goes after the stealth suits but fails to assault them the boys that were running away regrouped and I declared my waagh turn which let them assault they lost 2 and killed all but 3 fire warriors. Lootas finally turned the power up on their guns and managed to stop the hammerhead from shooting next turn.
Tau
Hammerhead moves 12 inches away from the assault happening right next to it. Battle suits immobilize the war buggie Orks finish off the fire warriors their in assault with.
Total casualties
Ork 7 bikes 19 boys 1 wartrukk ½ war buggie
Tau 24 fire warriors 5 stealth suits 1 shield drone
Turn 5
Ork
Orks that just killed fire warriors assault the hammerhead doing nothing battlewagon can’t shoot at hammerhead so everything shoots at battle suits downing 2 shield drones and the commander they run away! The wartrukk assaults the battle suits but wrecking ball misses.
Tau
Nothing moves except the battle suits which amazingly fail ld 10 again and run away some more. Hammerhead kills the Orks that assault it and rail gun misses battle wagon. Stealth suits also kill the Orks assaulting the hammerhead.
Turn 6
ork
Looted wagon that doesn’t have a gun decides to assault the Hammerheads side armor hits and it explodes! The Battlewagon also shot at the battle suits running away and scores a wound on a feel no pain medic.
Tau
The tau player is shaking his head in despair but manages to regroup and immobilize the battlewagon which my opponent let me have grot riggers on because I hadn’t used my weird boy and the little blighters fixed the engine.
Final score
Orks 452
Tau 250ish
I think this is still considered a victory for me though everything on the map was dead except for a battlewagon a wartrukk 3 battle suits and bunch of kroot.
Gutsmek woke up suddenly with an incredible headache and reached up to feel not orkiness but a metal skull. He laughed ripped out a half dozen teef to the dok and asked the boys outside, “So did we get some gubbinz” “them fish “eads got good gubbinz boss”
2k erg test 7:01 145.3 split
6k erg test 18.36 152.8 split
and I am a lightweight
I stroked the boat that won the novice race of Head of the Hooch the 2nd largest regatta in the U.S.A. I can play warhammer because I earned it.
vercingatorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2008, 06:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: 2 battle reports 2000 pt tau and ork vs inquisition and 1000pt tau vs ork

Sounds like they were some fun games. Good job beating-up those blue-skinned gits!

On another note, though, it sounds like this Tau guy's Broadsides were firing Submunitions (pie plates)? Is this right?

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2008, 18:43   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: 2 battle reports 2000 pt tau and ork vs inquisition and 1000pt tau vs ork

I don't know what it was firing but it had a bunch of shots and was str 4 or5
and I am a lightweight
I stroked the boat that won the novice race of Head of the Hooch the 2nd largest regatta in the U.S.A. I can play warhammer because I earned it.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 22:20   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I just figured out how to post images thanks to S I L K for explaining it to me this is a paint rendering of the battle field we played on when playing tau in 1000 point game
and I am a lightweight
Old 16 Mar 2008, 23:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by vercingatorix
I don't know what it was firing but it had a bunch of shots and was str 4 or5
Not enough time to read all of it, but str 5 would be the smart missile system on a tau broadside suit.