Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Battlerep] Tyranids vs Orks (old) 1.5k
Old 08 Dec 2007, 04:07   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default [Battlerep] Tyranids vs Orks (old) 1.5k

Hey everyone! My first attempt on writing a battle report so be nice ;-). This is a match between my friend (Orks) & me (Tyranids), we're both kind of new to our teams (less then five games played with our teams) and a bit new to the whole game (well, not that new but yeah ^^,).

Anyways, here's the army lists (had my friend send me his list so that's why the different format).

Orks:

Warboss with shoota, power claw, mega armour, mega boosta and iron gob. (106pts)

Nob Bodyguard 4 Nobz with choppa, slugga and 'eavy armour. 1 mekboy with 'eavy armour, kustom force field and choppa. Mounted in a wartrukk. (225pts)

Kommandos Mob 1 Nob with slugga, choppa and big horns. 8 kommandos with slugga and choppa. 1 kommando with burna. (123pts)

'Ard Boyz Mob 1 Nob with slugga, choppa and big horns. 14 'ard boyz with slugga and choppa. All have frag stikkbombz. (217pts)

Shoota Boyz Mob 17 Shootas with shoota. 3 shootas with big shootas. (184pts)

Shoota Boyz Mob 17 Shootas with shoota. 3 shootas with big shootas. (184pts)

Trukk Boyz Mob 1 Nob with slugga, choppa and big horns. 8 trukk boyz with slugga and choppa. 1 trukk boy with burna. (113pts)

Trukk Boyz Mob 1 Nob with slugga, choppa and big horns. 8 trukk boyz with slugga and choppa. 1 trukk boy with burna. (113pts)

Looted Leman Russ Battle Tank with battle cannon and heavy bolter. (145pts)

Killer Kan with big shoota. (45pts)

Killer Kan with big shoota. (45pts)

Tyranids:

Hive Tyrant 170pts
-Winged, 2x Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands (WS), Warp Field

Ravener 40pts
-Rending claws, Scything Talons

Ravener 40pts

Ravener 40pts

3xWarriors 104pts
2xDeathspitters, Barbed strangler, Scything Talons, Enhanced Senses, Toxin sacs

3xWarriors 104pts
2xDeathspitters, Barbed strangler, Scything Talons, Enhanced Senses, Toxin sacs

10x Genestealers 160pts

10x Genestealers 160pts

30xGaunts 150pts
-Spinefists

30xGaunts 150pts
-Spinefists

30xGaunts 150pts
-Spinefists

Zoanthrope 65pts
-Mind blast, Synapse

Carnifex 165pts
-Adrenal Glands (WS & I), 2x Scything Talons, Tusked, Toxic Miasma, Reinforced Chitin, Extended Carapace

Total: 1498pts

We rolled for mission and got ourself a "Seek and Destroy". This suited me very well I think because of my great number of units (just need to keep them or atleast 50% of them alive ;-)) We rolled for deployment and I won so my friend started deploying.

Deployment looked like this:

Top Tyranids and units from left to right. Orks left to right:
White = genestealers.......................... Red = Shootas
Red = Hive Tyrant.............................. Dark blue = Looted Leman Russ
Yellow = Gaunts................................. Pink = Warboss & retinue
Brownish = Warriors............................. Red =Shootas
Yellow = More Gaunts.......................... Light blue = Wartrakk
Purple = Zoanthrope............................ Black with brown outline = Killa Kans
Yellow = Even more Gaunts................... With purple/pinkish outline = 'ard boys
Turquose = Carnifex............................ With light redish outline = Kommandos
Brownish = Warriors
White = Genestealers

I know, bad picture but atleast it gives you a bit of overview over the battlefield. I'll try tomorrow when I've got some sleep (06:07 here now) and make some better pics if I can find a decent map maker! Please give me some if you know one :-).

I won the roll again and decided to got first. Want to get close and personal before being shot down by a bunch of shootas & the Leman Russ.

Turn one Tyranids:

Movement phase:
Moves foward with all my units.

Shooting phase:
Both squads of warriors shoots the Shootas squad nr two, resulted in two casualties. The rest fleets toward the orks.

Assault phase:
As I should had known my genestealers failed to reach the Kommandos so they stayed there like sitting ducks to their flamer.

Turn one Orks:

Movement phase:
Kommandos moves towards Genestealers to get in a nice frying position. The Killa Kans and 'ard boyz also moves towards the Genstealers. The Shootas moves toward the crater to get in rapidfire range. The Warboss embarks the wartrakk and moves next to the 'ard boyz.

Shooting phase:
The Shootas shoots at the Gaunts and due to poor rolling kills nothing. The mighty Leman Russ tries to demolish the oncoming gaunts but due to the orks incredible aim the shot scatters away but manages to kill one(!) gaunt! Atleast the second unit of Shootas manages to kill atleast four gaunts. Now for the deepfried Genestealers the Kommandos ordered and as expected they fry six of the Genestealers. The Killa Kans also wants a piece of that pie though only manages to kill one Genestealer.

Turn two Tyranids:

Movement phase:
The Genestealers rushes towards the Kommandos hungry for revenge while the warriors gives them some support moving towards the right table edge.The other group of genestealers and the hive tyrant moves to get in charge position against the fearful shootas at the crate. The rest of the army swarms forward towards the ork gunline.

Shooting phase:
Warriors, gaunts and the zoanthrope all direct their fire against his left shoota squad managing to kill a whopping amount of seven(!) shootas. The warrior unit supports the genestealer unit with their amazing fire power killing of three 'ard boyz.

Assault phase:
The revenge hungry genestealers charges the kommandos rending three of them to death though the kommandos fierce fighting ability manages to kill two of the three genestealers. The genestealers wins the combat but the kommandos passes their leadershiptest and stands ground. On the other side of the battle field my rampaging hive tyrant smashes in to the shootas supported by the genestealers and my horde of gaunts. The hive tyrant and the genestealers kills everything in their killzone in a total of ten shootas while the gaunts only manages to kill two orks and take one casualty themselves. Even though the orks stod up against an superior foe they bravely stayed to die in honour.

Turn two Orks:

Movement phase:
The 'ard boys once again seek cover behind the trench from the tyranid warriors fire. The trakk moves up against the Carnifex and disembarks the mighty warboss and his retinue.

Shooting phase:
Once again the orks in the looted Leman Russ fails to preform by shooting and killing only four gaunts. The shoota unit does slightly better killing five of the gaunts.

Assault phase:
The lone genestealer manages to defend himself from the kommandos though he himself also fails to inflict any wounds. The hive tyrant and genestealer once again kills everything in their killzone while the gaunts kills nothing. Now the brave orks finally realise they've no chance but get slaughtered in their attempt to escape.

Turn three Tyranids:

Movement phase:
two raveners decides to join the battle and deepstrikes besides the warriors on the right tablequarter. The genestealers to the left rushes towards the remaining shoota unit followed by swarms of gaunts. The hive tyrant flies over the looted Leman Russ and lands next to it on the other side. The carnifex moves around the wartrakk towards the warboss and his retinue. The gaunts and zoanthrope moves to give some support to the slow but sturdy carnifex.

Shooting phase:
The two hordes of gaunts next to the shootas opens fire against them and kills four of them. The zoanthrope fails to summon the power of the warp in an attempt to destroy the wartrakk. My warriors on the left side decides to do what the zoanthrope couldn't do and shoots at the wartrakk scoring a penetrating hit and rolls a six on the damagetable. So the wartrukk explodes and takes down one mekk boy from the warboss unit and three kommandos! The right warriors shoots at the warboss and his retinue and scores two hits that the ork player decides to take his mighty warboss, though the dices are once again against him and he rolls snakes eyes (two one's) on his armour save of 2+ and takes two wounds!

Assault phase:
The colossal carnifex charges the warboss unit and takes down three nobz though taking two wounds himself! The orks loses the combat but with the inspiring presence of the warboss they stay to fight of the powerful beast. And once again the hive tyrant proves he's the best at what he does and just tips over the looted Leman Russ with a destroyed roll on the damage table. My genestealers assaults the remaining shootas and quickly finish them off without any time for them to react at all. Now the lone genestealer perils but with him he takes two more of the pesky kommandos with two rending attacks!

Turn three Orks:

Movement phase:
Two units of trukkboyz comes into play and surrounds the hive tyrant in an attempt to gain a moral victory. They're also surrounding the carnifex with the 'ard boyz and the survining kommandos.

Shooting phase:
The Killa Kans shoots at the hive tyrant though inflicting zero wounds. The trukkboyz also shoots at the tyrant with the same result.

Assault phase:
'ard boys and kommandos charges the carnifex and with their sheer number of attacks they bring an end to the fex. The trukkboyz charges the mighty tyrant, the tyrant swings his talons killing three orks before they deliver the killing blow and gaining the moral victory.

At this time the ork player believes he has to few scoring units to have even a slight chance of victory and since the time is around 03:30 he decides to admit defeat. The tyranids are victorious!
pellwav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2007, 17:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: [Battlerep] Tyranids vs Orks (old) 1.5k

Great BatRep.* +1 Karma

Thank you for sharing your game.

I also appreciate the variety of your army list and this report shows how well everything can wook together.
77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 17:52   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks 77.

Going to play Eldars this weekend with some slight changes on my list. Will try and post a battlerep on that battle too. Though this time hopefully more pics so it will be easier to follow.

Cheers, pellwav
pellwav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 19:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

If you are playing Eldar, I would be careful with your Synapse units or add a few more. Eldar have the nasty capability to really put the hurt on your Synapse creatures at range. If they are successful at eliminating them, all those gaunts are going to have some trouble.

The plus is that you have some great fire support with the warriors (I use this set up too, but in units of 4) and a lot of bodies that will be hard for the Eldar to take down.

Good luck in your games.
77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 19:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

77 beat me to it ;D

If you need any help with army list construction, PM me or really any other member here, and we can help you out! I am sure with our guidance you will have little problem with these pointy ears!