Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep]MechaGodzilla vs. Godzilla...Clash of the Titans (partial batrep)
Old 25 May 2007, 16:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default [BatRep]MechaGodzilla vs. Godzilla...Clash of the Titans (partial batrep)

Necron list:
Deceiver
10 warriors
10 warriors
5 Immortals
5 Immortals
5 Flayed Ones
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers
3 Tomb Spyders
3 Tomb Spyders
3 Tomb Spyders (w/particle projectors)

Tyrannid List:
Flying tyrant w/2 scything talon sets + other CC biomorphs
Walking Tyrant w/2 sets twin-linked devourers + other shooty biomorphs
Dakkafexes (double twinlinked devourers)
1 Sniperfex (Venom cannon and Barbed Strangler, + 1 wound and imp toughness + imp save)
1 Sniperfex (Venom cannon and Barbed Strangler, + 1 wound and imp toughness + imp save)
6 Genestealers w/extended carapace plus scuttlers

Terrain: Smattered all over the place, notables include a building in the SW and some buildings in the middle.

Deployment:
Tomb Spyders in a line across the south, Necrons in 2 strongpoints, 1 big one in SW and 1 small one in SE.
Genestealers in a line across the North, DakkaFexes and 1 Snyperfex in the NE, 2 Sniperfexes and 2 Hive Tyrants in the NW

Scout move: Scuttlers move south
Grand Illusion: All Necrons in SE are redeployed to SW, except a group of 5 Immortals, who are redeployed straight south to the board edge.

Tyrannids win roll, choose to go first

First Turn:
Tyrannid movement: All Tyrannids raced towards their foe, except for 2 Dakkafexes in the NE that decided that they should lurk instead.
Tyrannid shooting: No damage, just Sniperfexes firing on Tomb Spyders who made their saves
Tyrannid assault: No assaults

Necron movement: Tomb Spyder line slides south, unwilling to engage stealers without their bodyguards
Necron shooting: Immortals + destroyers fire on stealers, killing 2 of the units. 1 unit of Destroyers moves up on the flank and shoots at the walking tyrant, wounding him.
Necron assault: All Spyders create scarabs, A solitary Tomb Spyder that didn't go south instead charges a group of 2 living stealers, killing them and massacreing back south.

Second turn
Tyrannid movement: All south
Tyrannid shooting: Sniperfex fire once again proves worthless. Devil Tyrant mows down the scarab body guard of a Tomb Spyder
Tyrannid assault: Flying Fex kills 3 Destroyers, fails to massacre into next group. Remaining Genestealers charge Immortals and kill 1, and charge a Tomb Spyder and kill a few scarabs.

Rest of the battle as a blur:

Tomb Spyder line bends and breaks befiore the implacable Fex advance, with all but 1 Spyder dying off by games end, and only killing 1 Sniperfex and 1 Dakkafex in return. Deceiver acquits himself admirably, slaying the Flying Tyrant, the Walking tyrant and a Sniperfex while taking 3 wounds himself. Ultimately the game ends with the Necrons having 1 unit of 2 destroyers, the Deceiver (wounded), 1 unit of warriors, a Flayed One and a Tomb Spyder. The Tyrannids have 2 Dakkafexes and a Sniperfex. The game result is a draw, but the Necrons only narrowly evaded a phaseout.

Key points to this game: Dakkafexes were too far north to start with, and the Grand Illusion made it that much worse. Necron armor saves were TERRIBLE vs. Nid shooting. A few massacre moves didn't go the Tyrannids way. The Deceiver took too long to kill the Flying Tyrant.

This is the 4th time I've run my Mechagodzilla list against Godzilla nids, and 4 times I've gotten a draw.
Old 26 May 2007, 16:09   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: [BatRep]MechaGodzilla vs. Godzilla...Clash of the Titans (partial batrep)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40kenthusiast
This is the 4th time I've run my Mechagodzilla list against Godzilla nids, and 4 times I've gotten a draw.
Wow thats quite the game! I just love seeing Godzilla nids, they go against all Tyranid battle philosophy and make for some interesting games! (I especially love seeing them die > but one can't have everything.) A well fought game all around. Congrats ;D!