Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[BatRep] Sisters of Battle VS Space Wolves - 1800 Points
Old 25 Feb 2007, 05:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default [BatRep] Sisters of Battle VS Space Wolves - 1800 Points

I went to my local gaming store today where I encountered a Space Wolf player looking for a game. I had both my Tau and Sisters of Battle with me and I gave my opponent the choice of which army he wanted to face. With a few jokes about bitches with bolters, nuns with guns he made his choice to fight the Sisters of Battle. The game was 1800 points and would be 6 turns with Recon as the objective

Sisters of Battle Army
1x Cannoness
-PP, BW, CoSA, Rosarius, LoF

20x Battle Sister Squad
-VSS (Bolter Flamer), Krak Grenades

10x Battle Sister Squad
-VSS (Bolter Flamer, PW) Flamer (x2)
-Rhion (EA, SL)

10x Battle Sister Squad
-VSS (Bolter Flamer, PW) Flamer (x2)
-Rhino (EA, SL)

10x Dominion Sisters
-VSS (Stormbolter, CCW) Storm Bolters (x4)
-Rhino (EA, SL)

10x Dominion Sisters
-VSS (Stormbolter, CCW) Storm Bolters (x4)
-Rhino (EA, SL)

6x Dominion Sisters
-VSS (Bolter Flamer, CCW) Meltagun (x4)
-Immolator (TL:HB, Blessed Ammo, EA)

2x Exorcists (EA)

Faith: 8

Space Wolves Army

Commander
-PW, SB, Iron Halo

10x Man Tac Squad
-Las/plas, Vet Sgt Power Fist

8x Devastator Squad
-Missle Launcher (x2), Lascannon, Plasma Cannon, Vet Sgt Power Fist

10x Man Tac Squad
-Heavy Bolter, Plasma, Vet Sgt Power Fist

5x man Scout Squad
-Snipers (x4)
-Missile Launcher

10x Assault Marines
-Vet Power Fist

1x Dreadnought
-Assault Cannon, Power Fist

1x Dreadnought
-TL: Lascannon, Missile Launcher

6x Terminators

1x Chaplain in Terminator Armor

Deployment and Terrain

My opponent wanted limited lvl 3 terrain. So in the picture the only lvl 3 terrain was the area terrain on my left flank and the ruins on my opponents left flank, both gave 4+ cover saves. All the other area terrain was grass land with a 6+ cover save. I guess he figured the open field would benefit all his guns and limit me.

I deployed my army across my whole front. My left flank was anchored by both Dominion Squads and their Rhinos along with the 2 Exorcists. My large 20 Sister Squad held the middle of the table with a Flamer Squad behind them and the anti-tank dominions with their Immolator. My right flank was held by the 2nd Flamer Squad and their Rhino.

My opponents deployment had the Devastator squad take position in the ruined trenchline supported by the Tac Squad with Las/Plas up front. A Dreadnought was behind the marines in cover. On my right flank he placed the Dreadnought with the Assault Cannon, another tactical squad and his assault marines. The scouts were deployed in the marsh area between our armies.

Turn 1: Marines

As usual I lost the dice roll to go first (seems to becoming habit) and my enemy taking the initiative advanced. His Dreadnoughts moved towards one another on my right flank while the 10 man tac squad moved 6" closer towards me. The Assault Squad jumped 12" up my right flank while everything else stood still to fire. The shooting phase saw the Rhino on my right flank be destroyed (turned around), the immolator was immobilized and shaken and 3 Sisters fell from the large battle sister squad. With nothing to assault the Marines passed the turn

Sister Casualties:
1x Rhino Destroyed
1x Immolator Immobilized
3x Battle Sisters (Large Squad-17 remaining)

Turn 1: Sisters

I started my turn by mounting up my flamer squad and moving their Rhino 12" to the right flank. I followed this up by moving both Dominion Squads forward 6", the first up and around the woods and the second through the terrain. The Rhino moved 12" up the left flank to support the dismounted troops. In the middle my large battle squad moved towards the scouts hiding in the field along with the melta carrying Dominion squad. On the right flank my flamer squad advanced 5" through the difficult terrain to get into range of the assault marines. My Exorcists moved out of cover to get line of sight to the advancing marines.

The shooting phase went quite well. Starting with my left flank both dominion squads opened fire on the 10 man tactical squad holding the middle, their shots guided by the divine Emperor (Divine Guidance x2) combined with the firepower of one of the holy Exorcist machines not a single marine remained after the smoke cleared. On the right flank those within range opened fire on the Space Wolf Assault Marines (Divine Guidance x1) calling in supporting fire from the second Exorcist only 2 marines were left. A mighty blow had been struck against the heretics. With no assaults the turn ended

Marine Casualties:
8x Assault Marines (2 remaining)
10x Tactical Marines (Squad destroyed)

Faith Used: 3 (5 left)

Turn 2: Marines

The turn began with the Chaplain and terminator squad deepstriking into the edge of my deployment zone. The 2 Dreadnoughts continued to advance forward. The 2 assault marines moved to within 1" of my flamer squad on the right flank and prepared to charge. The Marine commander moved 4" forward to the edge of the ruined bunker.

The shooting phase saw 4 more sisters killed from the large battle squad along with the Veteran Sister Superior and a sisters from the Melta gun Dominion Squad in the center of the table. 1 Sisters was killed by the assault marine flamer and plasma pistol shot on the right flank before they charged in.

In the assault phase the assault marines managed to kill 2 more Sisters but suffered 1 loss themselves. With the morale holding the turn ended

Sisters Casualties:
4x Sisters (Large Squad-13 remaining)
2x Sisters (VSS, Melta Gun dominion Squad-4 remaining)
3x Sisters (Right Flank Flamer Squad-7 remaining)

Marine Casualties
1x Assault Marine (Sgt remaining)

Faith Gained: 1 (6 left)

Turn 2: Sisters

I thought I was going to be in trouble with the terminators but they really didn't do that much damage and I was staring at a lot of points within short range of my gunfire.

My mounted sisters moved another 12" to the right flank and up alongside the advancing sister unit which had just dispatched the assault marines. I moved my left flank Dominion Squad 6" towards the Terminators in the middle of the board. My melta gun sisters moved closer to the Terminators while my large battle sister squad led by my Cannoness moved into the grasslands to the right of the Terminators. Everything else stood fast and we moved to the shooting phase.

In the shooting phase I focused on the terminators as they were the ones most likely to interfere with my battle plans if I left them unchecked. Using Divine Guidance x2 (needing 10 or less to pass I rolled 12's on both rolls for the Dominions), both Exorcists, both Dominion Squads, melta gunners and the large battle sister squad I managed to kill 5 Terminators leaving only the Chaplain and Sergeant left.

In the assault phase my 7 Sisters on my right flank managed to eliminate the Space Marine Sergeant and sweeping advanced 3" forward.

Marine Casualties:
5x Terminators (Sgt remaining)
1x Assault Marine (squad wiped out)

Faith Used: 2 (4 left)

Turn 3: Marines

My opponent advanced the assault cannon dreadnought closer to my large sister squad holding the middle while the las/missile dread moved towards my left flank. The Chaplain with the Sgt Terminator advanced on my small meltagunner squad of Dominions while the Marine Captain advanced up the middle to within charge range of my Cannoness. The shooting phase saw me declare Spirit of the Martyr on my left flank Dominion Squad. I also saw one my Exorcists explode in a shower of shrapnel. The Devastaor squad firing 2x Missile Launchers, Plasma Cannon and Lascannon on my left flank Dominions managed to kill 1 faithful sister, the Emperors shield protecting them from the deadly weapons. The large battle sister squad saw 4 of their numbers fall to the concentration of the remaining tactical squad and dreadnought.

In the assault phase the Chaplain and Sgt Terminator wiped out the small retinue of dominions with meltas as expected but could only consolidate 3" towards the Dominions. The Dreadnought which charged the large battle sister squad killed 2 Sisters and was unwounded in the return attack but the morale of the Sisters held. The combat between the Captain the Cannoness saw no one able to land a blow and the turn ended.

Sisters Casualties:
1x Exorcist
1x Dominion Sister (9 Remaining)
6x Sisters (large battle squad-7 Remaining)

Faith Used: 1 (3 left)

Turn 3: Sisters

The turn started with my mounted flamer unit zooming up 12" and dismounting next to the tactical squad taking cover in the ruins on the right. The second flamer squad advanced up around the marshland on the right flank trying to keep a gap between the marines and the advanced sister squad. The rest of my army stood strong and we moved to the shooting phase.

In the shooting phase both Dominion Squads opened fire on the Chaplain and Terminator and using Divine Guidance x2 managed to eliminate the last terminator and inflict a wound on the Chaplin. This attack was followed up by the Exorcist firing 3 missiles at the Chaplain and killing him with one successful hit. The battle on the right flank between the dismounted flamer squad and the tactical marines saw 2 marines fall to sister shooting. With nothing else to shoot we moved to the assault phase. The battle sisters on the right flank fired at the Scout team in the marshland killing 3 and causing the remaining scouts to flee (apparantly Scouts do not get TSKNF)

In the assault phase I used my last Faith point to give my Cannoness a +2 to her I. In the combat I managed to wound the Captain once however the counterattack resulted in her taking a wound as well. The fight with the dreadnought saw no casualties inflicted by the Dreadnought however I did manage to immobilize the walker with a lucky Krak Grenade hit.

Marine Casualties:
1x Chaplain
1x Terminator Sgt
1x Immobilized Dreadnought
2x Marines (Tactical Squad-8 remaining)
1x Captain wounded (2 left)
3x Scouts (2 fleeing-below 50% no rallly)

Sisters Casualties:
1x Cannoness wounded (2 left)

Faith Used: 3 (0 Left)

Turn 4: Marines

Turn 4 started with my opponent moving his tactical squad out of cover in order to assault my dismounted battle squad on the right flank. With nothing else to move we moved on to shooting. The Devastator Squad opened fire on the Dominion Squad on my left flank killing 5. A plasma pistol shot from the Veteran Sgt of the Tactical Squad dropped another battle sister while the Dreadnought with the lascannon/missile combo failed to penetrate the hull of the Exorcist.

In the Assault Phase the dreadnought struck again killing 1 Sister. Their counterattack failed to damage the walker but their morale held. The battle with the Captain saw my Cannoness inflict another wound leaving the Captain with one while suffering no wounds in return, unfortunately the Captains morale held. The assault between the tactical marines and the dismounted sisters saw 3 sisters fall to the powerfist of the Sergeant but their faith held

Sisters Casualties:
5x Dominion Sisters (4 remaining)
4x Sister-Dismounted Squad (6 remaining)
1x Sister-Large Squad (6 remaining)

Marine Casualties:
1x Marine-Tactical Squad (7 remaining)
1x Captain Wounded (1 left)

Turn 4: Sisters

I started my turn by moving my Exorcist a little towards my left flank while advancing the 4 strong Dominion Squad closer to the Devastators. My right flank Flamer squad advanced up another 6" around the marshland.

The shooting phase saw me kill 4 marines from the Devastator Squad leaving only the heavy weapons team left. The remaining Exorcist amputated the Lascannon arm off the dreadnought. With nothing left to shoot we moved to the assault phase

The Assault phase saw the dreadnought unable to wound any of the battle sisters who in turn were unable to penetrate the armor of the dreadnought. The Cannoness suffered a single wound and with a whoop wounded the Captain twice. My victory was short lived as the Captain both 4+ saves and fought on. The battle on the right flank between my dismounted unit and the tactical squad saw me lose another 3 Sisters to a single marine casualty.

Marine Casualties:
4x Devastator Marines (4 remaining)
1x Tactical Marine (6 remaining)
1x Dreadnought-lascannon destroyed

Sisters Casualties:
3x Sisters-Dismounted Squad (3 remaining)
1x Cannoness Wounded (1 left)

Go Guard Or Go Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2007, 05:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: [BatRep] Sisters of Battle VS Space Wolves - 1800 Points

Turn 5: Marines

Turn 5 saw my opponent move his operational dreadnought closer to the 4 sister Dominion Squad on the left flank while the rest of the army was either in combat or not moving.

The shooting phase saw the devastators open fire on the remaining Exorcist destroying it (turned backwards). In the assault phase the immobilized Dreadnought killed 2 Sisters before they could attack back which when they did they were unable to damage the walker. My dismounted Sister squad was wiped out but my Veteran managed to down 1 marine before succumbing to her wounds. The remaining survivors consolidated next to the Rhino. The battle with the one armed dreadnought on my left flank failed to wound any of the battle sisters leaving the combat a draw with the battle between the Captain and Cannoness ending in a stalemate both with 1 wound left.

Sisters Casualties:
1x Exorcist
2x Sisters-Large Squad (4 remaining)

Marine Casualties:
1x Marine-Tac Squad (5 remaining)

Turn 5: Sisters

My Rhino drove away from the Cowering Marines while the remobilized Rhino on my right flank (rolled a 6 last turn) moved towards the devastator squad. My flamer squad on my right flank moved through cover to get in range of the tactical squad.

Shooting phase saw my 10 Sister Dominion Squad in the woods on the left flank wipe out the remaining Devastators. The flamer squad on the right flank eliminated 3 Marines from the Tactical Squad but the marines still held.

The Assault phase was lack luster with all combats ending in draws with no wounds inflicted.

Marine Casualties:
4x Devastator Marines (wiped out)
3x Marines-Tac Squad (2 remaining)

Turn 6: Marines

With only 1 squad able to move my opponent moved his 2 Man Tac squad closer to my flamer squad on the right flank. A plasma pistol shot overheated killing the Sgt leaving the heavy bolter marine to assault by himself. In the assault phase the Heavy bolter marine fell to the power sword of the Veteran Sister Superior while the Dreadnought in the middle killed one Sister taking no hits in return. The Captain was able to dispatch the Cannoness who had fought bravely against the genetic enhanged marine but could not last forever. Without her leadership the 3 Sister Squad fell back from the Dreadnought 7". The combat on the left flank resulted in no casualties and the combat was drawn.

Sister Casualties:
1x Sister-Large Squad (3 remaining-fleeing)
1x Cannoness-last wound taken (dead)

Marine Casualties:
1x Vet Sgt (overheat)
1x Marine-Tac Squad (wiped out)

Turn 6: Sisters

With it being my last turn and my opponent not having any scoring units in my deployment zone he conceded with a handshake. I had my 7 sister flamer squad within 15" of his deployment zone giving me bonus points and the win.

Analysis:

It was a fun game which went back and forth. By the end of the game my opponent was no longer making of the Sisters of Battle but asking to look at my codex and then looking at the figures in the store ready to start his own army. I burned through my acts of faith very quickly but I felt it was worth it to get the edge early game by eliminating his assault squad and 10 man tac squad by the end of turn 2. My opponent had a bit of bad luck as he scattered 9" on his deep strike landing them smack dab in front of 2 Exorcists and about 35 bolters and 4 meltaguns.

The terrain was rather flat but it was his choice and I wasn't going to argue it. I think he thought it would serve him better then me but it sort of backfired once he saw what Divine Guidance can do.

Another win for the Emperor and the Sisters of Battle ;D
Old 25 Feb 2007, 06:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I love these battle reports you are posting. +1 Karma, and I am making a sticky to contain battle reports.

*edit* Found one already to include them into.
Lord Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2007, 12:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Great report man,

That first round was awesome. Just watching a pink mist form where all those marines were standing haha. What was he thinking putting them there right in your entire army's range? The whole game, I notice he was doing nothing more than feeding you a unit one at a time, and that's exactly how sisters most easily envelope things. He didn't want much lvl3 terrain because, well, he didn't want to move--which he didn't do much of, and because he wanted to deepstrike, which he did. I think he could have put up a very different fight if he himself simply took a mobile style, and not a sit and shoot style like that, and of course, if he tried to hit you more than once, and not just one unit at a time... haha.

Oh well, he'll live & learn I suppose.

Cheers!
Old 27 Feb 2007, 01:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm also a huge fan of your battle reports. I also find it interesting that my budding Witchhunters force might wind up taking a route very similar to your own.

Keep them up, they're a great read! ;D

Arctic Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2007, 15:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Liked it allot, I love the look of your army, very themed

Why do you take Rhinos for all of your troops?

i have been thinking about adding rhinos to all my marine and chaos troop squads
"If your soldiers show fear in the face of the Emperor's enemies, shoot the first man that falters. If this does not work shoot a man until the unit is either functioning properly or decimated. There can be no fear in the Imperial Guard."

----

Comment attributed to Commissar Ran Creed Attached to the Savlar 42nd

Status -- Killed by Friendly Fire
irishoneall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2007, 16:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishoneall
Liked it allot, I love the look of your army, very themed

Why do you take Rhinos for all of your troops?

i have been thinking about adding rhinos to all my marine and chaos troop squads
Likely because all-mechanized allows you to control something: line of sight. Rhinos on their own are pretty posh, but lots of them can be handy. They can taxi one another with front lines of smokes, no LOS behind, they can carry each other across the field. 1 Rhino is a waste, but 4 of them working together works out, even against shooting armies (like Tau). In fact, mech sisters can put a serious beat down on even mech Tau. When you control LOS and can essentially have moving terrain all over, not to mention the hordes of power armor within, it can give you that edge. Very much like sisters from 2nd edition played, even though it's popular to also run pure infantry sisters now as well.

Of course, mobility and getting a 12" advanced move out of the deal is pretty nice when you're moving 6" each turn. It gets those 12" weapons in range faster than walking typically.

Cheers,
Old 11 Mar 2007, 22:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Just curious what happened to the picture size? When I posted the BATREP the pictures showed the whole table and now it seems someone has cut/cropped the images so you miss a lot of the detail
Old 14 Mar 2007, 15:14   #9 (permalink)
Xan
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Guard Or Go Home
Just curious what happened to the picture size? When I posted the BATREP the pictures showed the whole table and now it seems someone has cut/cropped the images so you miss a lot of the detail
I would suggest using imageshack.us .Ishack gives you nice thumbnails. That way you wont break forum layout .
Low bandwith people will like it too.
PS. Awesome batrep .
an exceedingly small amount of redeemable features
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote