Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Battle Report] Necrons Vs Black Templars 1200 point game
Closed Thread
Old 25 May 2006, 23:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default [Battle Report] Necrons Vs Black Templars 1200 point game

my first battle with Necron so i made a few major mistakes and whatnot.

my Necron list.

HQ
Necron Lord
Resurrection orb
veil of darkness
warscythe

Necron lord
destroyer body
Resurrection orb
4+ invulnerable thingie i cant remember the name of
warscythe

Troops
11 warriors

11 warriors

fast attack
3 wraiths

3 wraiths

3 destroyers

Black Templar list (didn't see his list so I'm a bit sketchy on this :P )
HQ
chaplain

emperors champion

8 guys with power weapons and other nasty shit with the chaplain

2 squads of marines one with a lascannon and another with a heavy bolter.

landraider

Dreadnought

set up
4x4 feet board

i placed my destroyer lord with the wraiths on the right flank

i placed my foot slogging lord sandwiched between the two warrior squads at the center

and i placed my destroyers on the left flank

blacktemplars:
HQ squad and emperors champion started in the landraider on my left flank

the two squads of 10 marines were placed in the center as well as the dreadnought

nothing was placed on my right flank

i won the roll off so i started the game

Necron turn 1:
to start off the game i foolishly moved my destroyers 10" forward to their impending doom, they fired at the landraider and did nothing.
my destroyer lord and wraiths turbo boosted towards the marines and dreadnaught.
my warriors and lord moved forward 6" and did nothing.

Blacktemplars turn 1:
he moved his landraider forward and disembarked his HQ squad right in front of my Destroyers (fatal mistake by me not reading the range they had) fired his pistols and charged in killing all. he got to move 1 inch consolidation towards my warriors.

all the marines and the dreadnaught fired at my wraiths knocking over 3. Dreadnought charged in and gets a claw through the visor and dies.
my wraiths move 3" towards the marines

Necron turn 2:

1 wraith gets back up

wraiths and destroyer lord move and charge into combat slicing up 6 marines. no casualty's taken.

warriors fire upon the land raider taking out one of its lascannons.

Black templars turn 2:
HQ squad and champions move towards the warriors shoot their pistols and charge taking out three necrons. the necrons did nothing back and piled in.

marines moved and charged into combat with my wraiths and lord. wraiths chopped up another 3 and the lord split a marine down the middle. the marines attack back knocking one wraith over.

Necrons turn 3:
wraith and two necrons get back up.

necron lord uses his veil of darkness power to move out of combat with the HQ squad and champion. unfortunately scatters and 3 necron warriors die in the movement. the necron lord and the second warriors squad rapid fire on the HQ squad and champion. all but the chaplain champion and one marine survive. Templar's use their special rule to get into combat with my lords squad again.

templars turn 3:

marines continue combat with wraiths and lord. 3 marines die to wraiths and the lord does nothing. marines attack back killing all the wraiths (eek) lord losses combat, loses moral check, breaks combat and legs it 15" back, cant rally because there is HQ squad within 6 inches of him.

Champion takes my lord down to one wound left, chaplain smashes 2 necrons. lord takes champion down to one wound. necrons make a wound on the chaplain. loses combat but they are fine.

Necrons turn 4:
1 necron gets back up

destroyer lord legs it off the board

the second warrior squad charges in and does NOTHING, champion kills the lord and the chaplain smashes another 2, necrons do nothing again.

Templars turn 4:
the remainders of the marine squad charge into combat. killing another 5 necrons in total. necrons kill 2 marines.

Necrons turn 5:
Necron lord and 3 warriors get back up.
necron lord and his squad decide combat is too good for them and decide to burst out the crazy purple gas on the marines and leg it off to in front of the land raider. they rapid fire at it and only immobilise it.

the marines then gather around the last warriors squad and massacre them. which means Ive gone past my phase out point and i disappear.

blacktemplars win it. :'(

i think my crucial mistake was moving the destroyers forward and so getting the nasty death they got. if i hadn't i think i would of blown the landraider and shot up the HQ squad before it got into combat with me.

the wraith situation i think the dice gods were against me on that.

i think i learned a few lessons (like never ever move destroyers forward) in my first game with necrons and it was a fun match to play.
Old 26 May 2006, 05:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: [Battle Report] Necrons Vs Black Templars 1200 point game

Remember, you only Phase out at the beginning of your turn, not the instant you hit your 25% number.

Your'e right about the destroyers...always keep them at max range...there's no reason not to.

D-DS
Old 26 May 2006, 05:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ah yes, the destroyers were a bad, bad idea Also, you wouldn't have phased out until your next turn, after all Necrons have attempted their WBB rolls So you left the battle a bit too early.

All in all I enojoyed the report, all I ask is that you perhaps add pictures to the next one ? I would kill to have a camera to add pictures, but alas I do not. I'll have to start using Gimp for it I suppose.

I will have a Immortal tactica and a battle report up as soon as the game I am in finishes, and I can get enough time to sit down and actually type out the two.
Old 26 May 2006, 15:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

ok must read the phase out rules a bit more in depth :P
Old 26 May 2006, 18:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Shadowsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renolds
necron lord and his squad decide combat is too good for them and decide to burst out the crazy purple gas
Don't mean to sound silly but gauss is green, I agree with Devilsquid unless you have a good reason to.

Triple Threat x

Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them They die

I am the sig virus, add me to your sig so I can spread.
Old 26 May 2006, 19:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i meant the necron lord using his veil of darkness move to get out of combat there, i was bored and had a laugh putting that in
Old 27 May 2006, 10:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Shadowsword

:-X
Fair enough, but you practiculy killed off 150 points of destroyers

Triple Threat x

Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them They die

I am the sig virus, add me to your sig so I can spread.
Closed Thread