Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000 pts vs Deamons, Need help, lost 1st 2 as Tau
Old 11 Oct 2010, 05:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 1000 pts vs Deamons, Need help, lost 1st 2 as Tau

Hello all,

Just getting back into 40k after about a 5 year hiatus (3rd edition is the last I played) I am really into playing the tau and played for the first time last week at my local gaming store. I will write up my battle reports as best as I can later, but am headed back and going to play a 1000 pointer vs either a deamon or Chaos army. I will be using proxies for most of this so pretend I have all the models. Also to summarize my last two games, I lost badly, once to dice and both times to being new and not grasping the tactics. Even more important I had a blast and can't wait to get back into the fray and win some for the Greater Good.

Here is my current list idea against the demons. I am going with hammer heads for the ability to put down a Demon prince or throw templates around instead of broadsides. Also the devilfish in the pathfinders will be for the FW. My opponent knows he is fighting Tau and will tailor his list.
My current tactics idea is to use tank wall for the crisis suits if he deploys in front of me, while leaving a bit of room, hopefully to entice him to try a 1st turn drop into some small areas behind me and then unload the whole army on the portion of his army that doesn't scatter or get sent back. If I remember right the deamon armies all deep strike in and only half deploys at the beginning. I read about this tactic on some other forum with good picture so I think I have idea how to execute, but we will see. I will err on the side of caution, if he deploys forward hopefully I will just shoot it all down, with a kroot screen.

Tau Army List
ARMY NAME: 1000 vs Deamons
Total points: 1009

created by: Eal'ta
author: Joe(yeti)

++++ [HQ] ++++

% of Army: 13.57

Unit cost: 137
XV8 Shas'o
--- [Fusion blaster, Plasma rifle, Multi-tracker, HW Drone controller, Shield Drone, Stimulant inj.]

++++ [Elites] ++++

% of Army: 15.26

Unit cost: 77
XV8 Shas'ui TL
--- [Missile pod, Plasma rifle, Targeting array, HW Multi-tracker]

Unit cost: 77
XV8 Shas'ui TL
--- [Missile pod, Plasma rifle, Targeting array, HW Multi-tracker]

++++ [Troops] ++++

% of Army: 21.11

Unit cost: 85
Fire Warrior 'ui
--- [Pulse rifle, Bonding knife]
6x Fire Warrior 'la
--- [Pulse rifle]

Unit cost: 128
Shaper
--- [Kroot rifle]
10x Kroot
--- [Kroot rifle]
5x Kroot Hound
--- [Fangs]

++++ [Fast Attack] ++++

% of Army: 15.36

Unit cost: 155
Pathfinder 'ui
--- [Pulse C./ Marker, Bonding knife]
4x Pathfinder 'la
--- [Pulse C./ Marker]
Devilfish
--- [Burst cannon, 2x Gun Drone, Landing gear]

++++ [Heavy Support] ++++

% of Army: 34.68

Unit cost: 175
Hammerhead
--- [Railgun, 2x Burst cannon, Landing gear, Targeting array, Flechette disch., Disruption pod, Multi-tracker]

Unit cost: 175
Hammerhead
--- [Railgun, 2x Burst cannon, Landing gear, Targeting array, Flechette disch., Disruption pod, Multi-tracker]
-----------------------
Total model count: 34

Thanks for any help with this, I play on Thursday night. I am going to try and make up an army list for the Chaos possibility. So if you have any advice about tailoring this army to deal with both threats or how I could change this one to deal with CM that would be great.

Thanks,
Kevin
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote