Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

National Flags for Members
Closed Thread
Old 16 Mar 2010, 02:06   #11 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Default Re: National Flags for Members

I ment aren't making a fuss, sorry, my bad.

Im not saying anything in seriousness Ender, please don't think I am looking to insult anyone.

I think the comments made by myself and DLD were all made in jest, as a referance to British Pride.

Im not actually sure of the nationality of Tau Online tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
Old 16 Mar 2010, 02:15   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

Northern Ireland and Ireland are NOT to be confused. There has been a long and bloody war over this. It's best to just accept the differences.

Also the scots have their own government and there has been an even longer war...
Braveheart was pretty insignificant. William wallace was a fighter from the lowlands who became a legend, but it was the Bruce who did more for Scotland (despite what Mel Gibson might think). That wasn't the end of the fighting either...
There was also the jacobite uprising, and had the jacobites continued on towards London, they just might have taken it, the French were ready to invade and it could have been a much different story.

As it is, a lot of Scots want independence and don't recognise the Union Flag at all. Nor do a lot of the Welsh.
The Northern Irish do have their own flag, and it is on the Union Flag. The Welsh have nothing though... they are happy with their sheep I guess. :P

Before anyone asks, the Union Jack is a naval flag and it is red with the Union Flag in the top left corner.

Enderwiggin, you are showing a severe lack of understanding about British culture if you think it is just ego.
The Scots (and the Welsh and Irish) suffered GREATLY under the English rule. They had their lands taken from them, their families butchered and a lot were sent to some god awful place like America or Australia.
Still the lands won't be returned to their rightful owners (unlike the Maoris and a few other cultures who had their lands taken from them). I'd say there is a lot more to it. Perhaps read about it before you make the decision that a person from one country should stand true to a flag invented by the people that took them over by force.
Like I said - Swastikas for Jews? Didn't think so.
I don't like the Union Flag and I never have.

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Old 16 Mar 2010, 02:27   #13 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Actually the welsh do have there red dragon on the flag, its wandering around inside the english cross.:P

Quote:
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Old 16 Mar 2010, 02:47   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown
Enderwiggin, you are showing a severe lack of understanding about British culture if you think it is just ego.
The Scots (and the Welsh and Irish) suffered GREATLY under the English rule. They had their lands taken from them, their families butchered and a lot were sent to some god awful place like America or Australia.
Oi! At least we have warm weather, beaches, cold beer, and hot women (and men if thats the way you swing). Also we have an animal no one else has, the Kangaroo. Therefore I disagree with 50% of your statement :P
At least we still recognize the sovereign head of the Commonwealth, unlike our Atlantic cousins....

*Note: most of this is in jest and not to be taken seriously. Thats reserved for the SD&D board
Old 16 Mar 2010, 02:47   #15 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
So far the majority of Brits have liked the system as-is so I fail to see how I'm suddenly echoing something different. Unless you haven't read the replies in both threads so far aside from your own.

Quote:
Still the lands won't be returned to their rightful owners (unlike the Maoris and a few other cultures who had their lands taken from them). I'd say there is a lot more to it. Perhaps read about it before you make the decision that a person from one country should stand true to a flag invented by the people that took them over by force.
So you insult my country by glossing over the fact that we suffered at the hands of the British and your calling my country (and the Australia) "horrible" by your standards. Yeah, your argument totally doesn't look like an ego boost.

Jayne- Completely understood.

Dangerman- You guys do have very beautiful women.

Don't get me wrong people, there's no malice intended in my words. There just hasn't appeared to be an example of "why" to me yet that I am curious to get to the bottom of.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 16 Mar 2010, 02:51   #16 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerman
Quote:
Oi! At least we have warm weather, beaches, cold beer, and hot women (and men if thats the way you swing). Also we have an animal no one else has, the Kangaroo. Therefore I disagree with 50% of your statement :P
At least we still recognize the sovereign head of the Commonwealth, unlike our Atlantic cousins....

*Note: most of this is in jest and not to be taken seriously. Thats reserved for the SD&D board
You have warm weather, WEAK beer, great beaches, Kangaroos(which are awesome) and hot women/men.:P

Remember, she's your Queen too.;D
Quote:
Quote:
Old 16 Mar 2010, 03:03   #17 (permalink)
Shas'O

Ender, dontlookdown, I think you guys are taking this flag thing way too seriously. I highly doubt FT has a problem adding a few more flags if people would rather be represented by it... :-\
Old 16 Mar 2010, 03:07   #18 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hey, if the option for an English Flag comes up im taking it, but im happy with this one.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 16 Mar 2010, 03:20   #19 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
Ender, dontlookdown, I think you guys are taking this flag thing way too seriously. I highly doubt FT has a problem adding a few more flags if people would rather be represented by it... :-\
I want a flag to represent the Principality of Sealand then.

And/or a diving flag for when we're out diving :shifty: :lion:

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 16 Mar 2010, 03:28   #20 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
I want a flag to represent the Principality of Sealand then.

And/or a diving flag for when we're out diving :shifty: :lion:
Wait, Divers get their own Flags?

I Demand a Flag of Awesomenes for myself.
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread