Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

antiwarp
Old 01 Jun 2010, 03:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default antiwarp

no, this is not immediately about daemonhunters
anyway, I was recently looking through the forum, and i stumbled upon numerous threads regarding "good" daemons.
while I like the idea, no one really came up with any good ones on how they could exist, but then I had a totally crazy idea, that seems to completely go against the fluff of 40k: a realm of existence that is the opposite of the warp. chaos Vs. control type thing.

while i know its not any better than most arguments, I wanted to get your ideas on them, simply to see if the idea could ever possibly work.

thanks all.
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2010, 03:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: antiwarp

I'll get back to this in the morning.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2010, 03:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i should probably get some sleep too... :P
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2010, 03:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Consider that you're roughly six hours earlier than me
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2010, 08:05   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

The C'Tan and the Necrons are already the "opposite" of the Warp, in a sense. The opposite of the Warp is the material nature of real space. Where it is manifested most strongly we get individuals that are "soulless", having no connection to the Warp and existing solely within real space. But 40k being what it is, it tends to be another sort of evil rather than "good". In the case of the Necrons it is a sort of absolute order in death rather than the absolute chaos of the Warp.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2010, 12:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The regular Warhammer experimented with this a bit - especially on the fandom side, but not just that. Firstly, there is gromril - a special kind of warpstone that is considered the "stuff of order" (since order is just another form of chaos, which can look like anything). Secondly, there are even gods of law - Annuminas, Arianka and Solkan - who are technically chaos gods, but who are opposed to chaos and chaotic elements. I remember an RPG adventure when my character even suffered from some order radiation, which distorted reality and made everything look more geometrical (like a 3D model), but it was my GM's idea, not canon nor fanon.

Of course, the order is not exactly good, the same way chaos is not automatically evil (bring it on, Inquisitors!). Order gods can be ruthless and cold, and their demons (because they do have their own demons) are more like angels of death than angels of mercy. However, they certainly cannot compare to the Necrons about how destructive and hostile they are, and therefore can be considered good, or at least helpful.
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 17:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

If you count denizens of the warp as either some form of daemons or chaos gods then good daemons can exists. The eldar gods any one? If the emperor becomes a true god then he would definitely count. And what about imperial saints who are supposed to intercede for people, if they exist then they would most definitely count. And what are the living saints but emperor aliened daemon princes.
This is actually not no a idea idea.
Quote:
my brain went all 'splodey from reading that
"Help! I think his brain is leaking!"
Blightedmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2010, 20:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The creatures in the warp are created by the emotions of psychic beings. Prior to the Old One/Necron war the warp was supposed to be calm. The reason its in the condition it is now is that the old ones created a lot of new psychic races and when the necrons harvested those races their emotions were of fear, murder, death, destruction, and fear of things changing to fast. The warp mirrored these emotions and people's worst nightmares gained form... demons.

So you could have good warp entities... especially back then. They would be the reflection of good emotions.
Ironwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Aug 2011, 02:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I like the train of thought that the only thing that makes the daemons of the warp- (expressions of living peoples subconscious desires en masse) EVIL is the very EVIL nature of the Imperium of Man!!! nono not heretical trolling, seriously. The only reason there are bloodthirsty murderous daemons out there is because uncounted gazillions of human minds know that such a monster exists, because they see it and live it every day of their miserable Imperial lives. BECAUSE the vast majority of all of the sentient minds in the galaxy is tormented and oppressed and miserable, THAT is why their warp expressions are dark and evil!

Take the evil [imperium] our of the powers of the warp, and what do they represent?

Khorne: Valor and skill in battle- to excel in the physical arts. Perfection of form and tactics.

Nurgle: The cycle of life and evolution- nature wasting nothing. infection- and more importantly- surviving it and still thriving!

Slaanesh: Conscious open mindedness and exploration of the unknown- the pursiut of new horizons- focusing on the NEW and the NOW

Tzeentch: knowledge and planned change. Application of will to change the fates/outcomes of things that affect us.

So see? take the twisted DARK out of the dark future of the 40th millenium, and you could have some "good daemons"
Khorne: Valkyries
Nurgle: Gaea
Slaanesh: Faeries
Tzeentch: Muses

[wow!! that is some top quality heresy, isnt it? Its like the poster speech for a new Chaos Cult. Good thing theres no Inquisition to frame the warp aspects of control and fear and punishment Demons upon this universe, isnt it?]