Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What do you think of my endgame scenario?
Old 15 Apr 2010, 04:16   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default What do you think of my endgame scenario?

The Emperor is revived in his corporeal form, causing the Star Child to flow back into him. During this, a wave of compassion is filtered through his intolerent nature and turned into reason. This is enough for him to realize that the Tau (by now in their 9th sphere) and Eldar are not the true enemeis, but the forces of disorder are. Thus, he reaches out to the two races. At first, the Tau and Eldar were suspicious at first, but in the wake of the stirring of the C'Tan, the rise of Abbadon, and comming of the Tyranids, the three form a slightly grudging alliance. The Emperor, the Pheonix Lords, and Aun'va announce to their people the news. For now at least, Tau, Eldar and Imperium hostilities have ceased in the face of the greater enemies.

Meanwhile, the Outsider breaks out of his dyson sphere, bringing his insanity to the galaxy. The Orks, thankfully, are tied up in combat with the Tyranids, but are slowly losing. The necrons are rising up once again. The Void Dragon is increasingly hard to contain.

The stage is set for final battle.....Perhaps the Tau Eldar Imperium Alliance can triumph....perhaps they won't....or perhaps the wars shall just go on....
Platypus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2010, 04:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Default Re: What do you think of my endgame scenario?

Well the very concept of a Final Battle suggests that the wars cant go on.

How far ahead are you assuming this is? For the Tau to be in only there 9th sphere, and for the Necrons to Still be waking, and for the nids to still have not devoured everything and be fighting the necrons. Suggests this is not a long way off.

Also, wasn't the Starchild bit retconned out or something? How has the Emperor been revived? What does this mean for the Astronomicon?

The Emperor himself wasn't actually that intolerant, he wanted mankind to rule the Galaxy, but the Xenos would simply be absorbed into the Imperium and made use of. After the Heresy The High Lords turned on the Xenos and started to hunt them down. Also, due to the Heresy, i would guess that they are already aware that Chaos is the Enemy?

You seem to forget that EVERYONE is the enemy of the Imperium.

Im sure some of the better Fluffmeisters will come and have a look and correct where i am wrong, but for now, im not sure you have considered all the implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2010, 07:24   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

By "endgame" I mean good vs evil. Endgame isn't the best word, but still.

Keep in mind of the various X factors of fluff. Let's face it: We don't know a lot of stuff.

Besides, I did not create my scenario to be likely: I created it to be ultimate.

Is it cool or not?
Platypus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2010, 07:28   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Good vs Evil? Ha! It's more likely to be a Free-For-All.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2010, 17:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to ollieb8

Yeah, the 40K universe isn't really Good vs. Evil but more Order vs. Disorder.

Besides the Emperor was always turned to reason, he spread The Imperial Truth during the crusades in an attempt to get rid of the 'superstitious behaviour' such as religion and xenophobia.
[spoiler=40K Clones]Wanna play as clones in 40K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I'm amazed at how balanced this is. I salute you.
[/spoiler]
ollieb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2010, 17:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I actually quite like this- it would certainly benifit my eldar in the Warhammer world doubles tournament

scar
Old 30 May 2010, 14:14   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If I remember my discussion with a huge Imperium fan, he told me a bit about happenings in the Great Crusades and stuff that led to the current Xenophobia griping Man in the 41st Millennium.

From what I remember, it was that the mass Xenophobia stems from the Age of Strife when most Xenos were scum and had to be eliminated for the good of mankind, lest they continue to enslave and butcher man. Thus, the Great Crusade was filled with strict anti-xeno policies. Then, before the Great Crusade could be finished the Emperor was mortally wounded and place on the Golden Throne, sealing his mouth. Thus, his last decrees stood un-changed and up-held for 10 millennium with no one daring to challenge them.

He compared it to how only Space Marines are allowed to use Land Raiders. Apparently, a major Forge World that produced the majority of Land Raiders was hit hard, and to conserve the usable ones left in the military the Emperor decreed that only Space Marines could use them. Then, he was placed on the Golden Throne so the order still stands, despite the rebuilding of the destroyed Forge World that spawned the need for such an order.

Basically, I'm saying that in light of the current universe, if the Emperor revived he wouldn't need some sort of miracle to open his mind to the thought of allying with the Tau and Eldar to take on the Necrons, Tyranids, Orks, and Chaos.
Old 30 May 2010, 22:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm surprised the Eldar are still alive en masse.

If that doesn't scare you out of your frilly pink leotards, guess what: You are an idiot and you hate America.
Begel Dverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2010, 14:40   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

It has the words "Star Child" in it. That told me to stop there and not bother reading the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2010, 14:51   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to ollieb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It has the words "Star Child" in it. That told me to stop there and not bother reading the rest.
The Star Child theory is: alright I suppose though I'm also glad it has been retconned in the newest fluff. It stands to reason the the Emperor would be reborn in another body as he was born out of the souls of the last Shamans, but I agree that it seems to be a sort of weak way out for the Imperium. It sets the stage for another Age of Strife followed by another Great Crusade which is hardly imaginative I suppose...
[spoiler=40K Clones]Wanna play as clones in 40K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I'm amazed at how balanced this is. I salute you.
[/spoiler]
ollieb8 is offline   Reply With Quote