Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

40k turned D&D
Old 16 Mar 2010, 02:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 40k turned D&D

hi everybody,
recently, I had the beginning of an idea to turn 40k into a D&D format or the other way around. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please post them, as im going to need all the help I can get.if things go well, i may be able to send copies of the rules, but perhaps not.
thanks everybody.

P.S. Moderators: if this has been posted on the wrong board, then please move it. i posted it here because there didnt seem to be a better place. thanks!
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2010, 02:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: 40k turned D&D

I am no mod, but it obviously deserves to go in the "serious roleplay" section in my opinion, but lets let a mod decide for sure :P

It is an idea, but remember that D&D is a fully lisenced and copyright protected product, as is 40k. We could not sell, use to advertise, claim as our own, etc without violating the law.

I am currently writing "Robot Wars" rules, using similar concepts to 40k (and it could be played in vassal too) Once i am finished that in roughly a week i will be glad to write up some rules if you wish.

One thing though, perhaps its best if we work out gaming groups too...There is no point having a DM and 6 adventurers when there is not a single time when all members are on at the same time...What i suggest is that because everyone has undoubtedly different times of availability and different ways they want to be played, to post on the serious roleplay board saying "Members wanted for D&D" or something and in the thread describe what you will be doing.

I have already started one of these threads, but people who arent available when i am might like a different group. You are more than welcome to join my group Metalgutz, here is the link to the thread below.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,94331.0.html

Cheers

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2010, 02:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

wait, there be a role playing board?
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
Old 16 Mar 2010, 02:43   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mek metalgutz
hi everybody,
recently, I had the beginning of an idea to turn 40k into a D&D format or the other way around. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please post them, as im going to need all the help I can get.if things go well, i may be able to send copies of the rules, but perhaps not.
thanks everybody.
Why don't you check out Dark Heresy? It is Warhammer 40k roleplaying after all. While you are at it check out the expansions and also the Rogue Trader roleplaying book which is also compatible with Dark Heresy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2010, 03:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis_Vyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mek metalgutz
hi everybody,
thanks everybody.
Why don't you check out Dark Heresy? It is Warhammer 40k roleplaying after all. While you are at it check out the expansions and also the Rogue Trader roleplaying book which is also compatible with Dark Heresy.
The simplest answer.

All that changes is the D20 system over to D10 + percentile.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2010, 03:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yea I suggest you work off of dark heresy. I started playing a few months ago, kinda threw me off then a lasgun was considered a "good" weapon... Been having fun though. Currently I have a rank 4, nearly 5 tech priest that uses a heavy stubber.
Orks 15 3 2 (Mekboy and weirdboy based force with boyz, deffkoptas and walkers)
Chaos12 2 4 (Infantry based chaos)
juraigamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2010, 03:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by juraigamer
Yea I suggest you work off of dark heresy. I started playing a few months ago, kinda threw me off then a lasgun was considered a "good" weapon... Been having fun though. Currently I have a rank 4, nearly 5 tech priest that uses a heavy stubber.
It's not a "good" weapon so much as a highly reliable, versatile, upgradeable, affordable, field weapon that can also be used dirtside for some time.

Aside from bad armor penetration and low base damage, it's a beautiful weapons system.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Mar 2010, 13:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I suggest you just flat out use Dark Heresy. It's a better system than D20 anyway.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2010, 00:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

never heard of dark heresy. what be it anyway ????

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
Old 17 Mar 2010, 00:30   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader are both Roleplaying Games by the company Fantasy Flight Games. They're recent (last 2 years or so) and FFG is a pretty good company games wise. Dark Heresy has lower ability/strength levels to start, but both games can be played interchangeably, moving characters from one to another.

On the other hand if you've got some basis in RPGs already and "Free" is a good price to you, you could use the Inquisitor game made by Games Workshop and that is available on their website. Inquisitor is older and more abstract, but still has a good following and is very detailed rule-wise.

I'd say take a look through all the choices available to you before you decide to make your own rules. Any of the three systems can provide what you're looking for whatever it is. Just find which one seems to fit you best and try a game out with it.

Odo The Brave's Projects: Chaos Space Marine Fandex Project Terragen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus, HARLEQUIN OF TAU 0NLINE!
That makes far too much sense to be used in 40k
Odo The Brave is offline   Reply With Quote