Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Justify!
Old 24 Nov 2009, 15:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Justify!

I'm in a funny mood.

So, throw some vague fluff ideas at me - not impossible ones, like Chaos Grey Knights, just some very improbable ones. And I'll justify them to the best of my ability, whether or not I agree as to whether they are good ideas. I'll then get Wargamer to judge my efforts.

So - who wants to present the first idea? It can be an idea you want to use but are unsure how to implement it, or it can just be a general idea to test me. Go right ahead, make my day.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 16:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj
Default Re: Justify!

Close combat tau :P
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 16:35   #3 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Space Marines as members of the Tau Empire
Old 24 Nov 2009, 17:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Why haven't the Dark Eldar just been wiped out... ONE city, compared to all these other empires who all just hate them anyways, including their own cousins.

Do Dark Eldar even have babies? I thought they just tortured each other when they want to have fun. Not good for procreation.

And why is a 'dying' race with very few people left busy killing each other in gladiator shows when they are so low on numbers?

justify that and i'll give you a medal or something.

my second one:
why do Tau build drones when they already have brainwashed castes of citizens to be their drones? Are the Ethereals the only ones capable of independant thought? (or allowed?). Do Tau get depressed or rebelious?

The 'nids have a hivemind explaining their co-operation, the Imperium has a 'loyalty and piety or you are a heretic' thing fearing their people into submission, Eldar have their Path structure, and the 'Outcast' path to opt out if you are unhappy... what do Tau 'citizens' do when they question their place in life?
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 17:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitardian
Why haven't the Dark Eldar just been wiped out... ONE city, compared to all these other empires who all just hate them anyways, including their own cousins.

Do Dark Eldar even have babies? I thought they just tortured each other when they want to have fun. Not good for procreation.

And why is a 'dying' race with very few people left busy killing each other in gladiator shows when they are so low on numbers?

Um...

1: Commoragh isnt the only city, its the main one. Also it's hard to find. I'm sure A) Eldar are a failing race, why the hell would they seek out a massive enemy stronghold filled with crazed killers? B) Who the hell else is in there, Jughati Khan? He'll take a city down single handedly....

2: There's no such thing as hardcore sex? Why couldn't they have babies? Especially when they essentially live forever unless they die in battle.

3: They generally don't kill eachother in gladiatorial battles, but rather slaves. When they do kill eachother it's darwinism.

4: Don't flame my army.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 17:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

tyranid hive mind being hacked by psykers and made to go somewhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 19:06   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Okay, I just can't sit back and let this stupidity fly...

Quote:
Commoragh is in the Webway. Only the Eldar have access to it, and even then the Craftworld / Exodite / Other Eldar know next to nothing about it compared to the Dark Kin. The only people who have mapped it more accurately are the Harlequins, and they are technically on the Dark Kin's side.

Quote:
Why can't they have children? The nature of sex in the 41st millennium is rarely addressed, but all these different people have to be born somehow.

Quote:
The Dark Kin are not part of the 'dying' race anymore; they're the race the others left behind.

Quote:
And this is why you'll never be a Mod; you'd be handing out Karma to people who can type an army list up!

These questions of yours are not challenging. Not in the slightest.

Quote:
why do Tau build drones when they already have brainwashed castes of citizens to be their drones? Are the Ethereals the only ones capable of independant thought? (or allowed?). Do Tau get depressed or rebelious?
Short answer - you're an idiot who doesn't know anything about Tau.

Long answer - the Tau are not 'brainwashed slaves'. They are alien! They do not hold the same concepts as Humans do. To them, the notion of working for the betterment of yourself, rather than the Greater Good, is as bizarre and disturbing as someone cutting off their own leg. The Tau adhere to the Tau'va because they want to, because before they had the Tau'va they were one good war away from self-annihilation. Since the Tau'va, they have advanced to a position of power that rivals or exceeds all but the most powerful races in the galaxy. All Tau understand that the Tau'va only works if everyone puts the needs of the community above their own desires, and all willingly accept this.

All Tau are capable of independent thought. However, as I said, they are aliens; how a Tau thinks will be different to how a Human, Eldar or Ork thinks.

Tau presumably do get 'rebellious' - Stealth Teams are primarily made up of individuals who don't work well within a rigid hierarchy. Depression is a possibility, but by no means as common as it is for us on Earth; we live in a system designed to screw over everyone but the elite, whereas the Tau live in a society where everyone is equally valuable and important.

Quote:
The 'nids have a hivemind explaining their co-operation, the Imperium has a 'loyalty and piety or you are a heretic' thing fearing their people into submission, Eldar have their Path structure, and the 'Outcast' path to opt out if you are unhappy... what do Tau 'citizens' do when they question their place in life?
They just look at everyone else; Orks are feral brutes, the Imperium are miserable, violent and ignorant, and before the guiding influence of the Tau'va the Tau themselves were savage and warlike. Whenever anyone feels the need to question whether their place in the universe matters, they need only look at the alternatives...

Anyway, let's see if I can't pitch one to Circus...

FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!

;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 19:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

hurrah, i wasn't immediately shot down by wargamer. this gives me a tiny ray of hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 19:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Okay, I just can't sit back and let this stupidity fly...

Quote:
Commoragh is in the Webway. Only the Eldar have access to it, and even then the Craftworld / Exodite / Other Eldar know next to nothing about it compared to the Dark Kin. The only people who have mapped it more accurately are the Harlequins, and they are technically on the Dark Kin's side.

Quote:
Why can't they have children? The nature of sex in the 41st millennium is rarely addressed, but all these different people have to be born somehow.

Quote:
The Dark Kin are not part of the 'dying' race anymore; they're the race the others left behind.
I already did this, noob :P
Old 24 Nov 2009, 19:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

This isn't a particularly what I'd call "normal" but here goes......

I'd love to see an army of Chaos possesed Tau. The amount of conversions and paint schemes would be endless!!!

Please take a look at this thread !!!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,98302.0.html
xenoscd is offline   Reply With Quote