Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Justify!
Old 24 Nov 2009, 22:23   #21 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to major_rawne02
Default Re: Justify!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
I wouldn't have thought a Looted Fex needed justification; I'd have assumed it was meant to be a parody, and parody does not need serious explanation.
The idea in this instance at least, may have been meant as a parody, but it is still open to reasonable justification. I don't think it's all that out-there as a concept, it's just associated with it's common iteration as a 'hey, wouldn't that be cool' unit.

It is fairly possible that the Orks would simply 'hollow out' a captured carcass, using it's existing musculature to augment mechanical parts in the same way that an artificial layer of musculature is used in power armour. It could easily be explained in this manner as the orks (or Inquisition, as I've seen done in the past) using the 'parts' available to them to produce a stronger final project. A machine spirit, or equivelant thereof, or an implanted grot/ork in addition to 'Orkology', the latent psychic aura inherent in the Ork race (or superior mechanical augmentation on the part of the big 'I&#39.
major_rawne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 23:10   #22 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
I suppose. That is certainly how I felt when I made it. But if you want to take it seriously, it is sort of an interesting question. Tyranids have component organisms all the way down to the cellular level, and they would reject things like implants without the inherent psychic power of the Orks to overcome them. You also run into the problem of how to feed it, since most of the bigger Tyranid organisms aren't built to last very long. I sort of arm-wave that one away.
We are talking about a race whose tech mostly works, because they 'think it should work'. (Which is really ironic, when you think about it...) So, if there ever was a race that could get away with this sort of crazy stuff, it would be orks. :P

I've no doubt that the beast wouldn't last for very long, but I think its safe to say that it MIGHT be possible.

Besides...who is to say that their 'technique' is foolproof? >

[hr]

My contriputions:

A 'good' warp entity. (Or, at least, a 'non-evil' one.)

Eldar using humans as slaves/serfs/servants? (This excludes Dark Eldar.)

A blank Inquisitor.

Roboute Guilliman awakening.

A human-eldar hybrid.

Blarg, I'm a penguin! 8D

'They Are My Space Marines' tribute video, by ruckuz88

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

Emperor Zoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 23:24   #23 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

my question, fluffwise, is this, how come orks havnt won every major battle, or indeed EVERY battle they've ever been involved in. all they have to do is really really belive that there guns are all AP1, and that there armour provides a 2+ Invun.

i know it cant happen in the game, im just saying, fluffwise, that an army whos stuff works the way they think it works, should never lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 23:27   #24 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
my question, fluffwise, is this, how come orks havnt won every major battle, or indeed EVERY battle they've ever been involved in. all they have to do is really really belive that there guns are all AP1, and that there armour provides a 2+ Invun.

i know it cant happen in the game, im just saying, fluffwise, that an army whos stuff works the way they think it works, should never lose.
Because, at the core the majority of Orks aren't gene programmed to take advantage of their (apparent) ability to manipulate reality to a degree. They are imbued with ferocity, toughness, and more, but there's a reason most Orks are little better than maniacs.

Plus, that entire abstract thing dealing with TT to fluff kicks in. The fluff guys haven't a concept of what "AP 1" is, they see something suitably killy and buy, convert, or invent a weapon to try and replicate them.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2009, 23:33   #25 (permalink)
Shas'El

A good (or neutral shall we say) warp entity is perfectly possible I would imagine, although it would depend on your particular point of view. The warp is home to many, many entities, not only the Chaos Gods, and I doubt that all are as malign as they are.

Eldar using human slaves. Unlikely.

A blank Inquisitor. I doubt this would happen, blanks only tend to get used as henchmen by Inquisitors. Having psychic abilities is just far more tactically advantageous that being a blank. Also, blanks tend to inspire revulsion in others to to the blank aura they emit, this would be contrary to any roles in which they must infiltrate a position/organisation/community, where it would be far better to go unseen.

Guilliman awakening. The stasis field would have to be turned off, and since he was supposedly on the cusp of death this would probably just kill him. So no, I wouldn't think it possible.

Hybrid. I presume you mean the more 'traditional' method of creation here, rather than the genetic experimentation method? If so, no. If you mean the scientific route then maybe, but the Inquisition would be right up the arse of whoever did it.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 23:50   #26 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hybrids used to exists actually. The Ultramarines chief librarian used to be a halfie actually. :P

Old 24 Nov 2009, 23:53   #27 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Hybrids used to exists actually. The Ultramarines chief librarian used to be a halfie actually. :P
I'm willing to bet this was pre 3rd edition? A lot of things happened back then, most are best forgotten.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 00:01   #28 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik_torgeddon
Quote:
I'm willing to bet this was pre 3rd edition? A lot of things happened back then, most are best forgotten.
Heck no! That was some of the most interesting stuff back then. Any fluff fan should seek out the old stuff to read.
Only the new players seem to want us to forget those times of archeotech and pure awesome. I laugh at them. ;D

Old 25 Nov 2009, 00:05   #29 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Heck no! That was some of the most interesting stuff back then. Any fluff fan should seek out the old stuff to read.
Only the new players seem to want us to forget those times of archeotech and pure awesome. I laugh at them. ;D
I started in 2nd ed. some of my favourite stuff is from Rogue trader and 2nd edition, that doesn't mean I think it should still be around. A lot of it was a little silly to be perfectly honest.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 00:07   #30 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
Space Marines as members of the Tau Empire