Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rhana Dandra:the final battle
Old 08 Oct 2007, 20:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to kael8973
Default Rhana Dandra:the final battle

ok, ive been reading about rhana dandra the supposed final battle between the eldar and chaos. Its an eldar passage that speaks of the future when all the pheonix lords are called together to lead the eldar in a final battle that will end with the death of the eldar.

no big deal right? thats been known for a while. But then i read something involving the emperor. a popular belief is that the emperor and all the patriarchs (even horus, though not insane and corrupted anymore) will be reborn and lead the imperium on a holy crusade against chaos that will end with the chaos gods destruction and the emperor asending to god-hood.

so i got the crazy idea: what if the eldar and imperium fought side by side against chaos to determine the fate of the universe? not only would it make for a kick-ass mega battle campeign, but would also be incredibly cool as fluff

what do you guys think? possible or too far out there?
Old 08 Oct 2007, 20:49   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Rhana Dandra:the final battle

Well, based on Eldar and the Imperium in the game, it works as thus:

The Imperial one is merely a wacky religious belief, with no truth in it at all.

The eldar one is accurate, but how and when is yet to be determined by the strands of fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2007, 10:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to kael8973

yeah the imperium is full of propaganda and bs so its hard to tell whats real and whats not with them. but the eldar i believe completely and without question ;D

i still think it would make a great campiegn and even better fluff
Old 09 Oct 2007, 10:47   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I reckon it would, but the problem is, its only really Eldar and Chaos, and its pretty final. Whoever won would be all thats left - great from a story point of view, terrible from a business perspective.

Quote:
Old 09 Oct 2007, 13:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to UltraMagnus Send a message via MSN to UltraMagnus Send a message via Yahoo to UltraMagnus

you dont seem to realise though, that the eldar are on big floating craftworlds heading OUT of the galaxy to others. my guess is that it foretells a time after they get to other galaxies, rebuild their entire civilisation, and then come back for revenge on those silly upstart chaos god brats.

hmm, GWs new marketing tactic, release a game called "warhammer 100K"
Old 09 Oct 2007, 13:14   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnus
you dont seem to realise though, that the eldar are on big floating craftworlds heading OUT of the galaxy to others
Since when, because nothing has ever said that. Some of them are heading out, but that is a choice made by that craftworld, not the Eldar race.

Quote:
my guess is that it foretells a time after they get to other galaxies, rebuild their entire civilisation, and then come back for revenge on those silly upstart chaos god brats.
Totally feasable. The problem with Eldar, we can't assume anything about them. Your theory here, could perfectly hold true, because it satisfies all the needed requirements - basically, it happens at some point. We don't know when, hell, it is possible the Rhana Dandra has already happened to them.

Its like one of the Eldar-Necron stories, in a WD. It gets to a certain point, then simply stops. There is no end, there is no completion, it just leaves it hanging, and that is typical of an Eldar.

Now you know who wrote Lost, bloody Farseers. :P

Quote:
Old 09 Oct 2007, 16:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to UltraMagnus Send a message via MSN to UltraMagnus Send a message via Yahoo to UltraMagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
Quote:
you dont seem to realise though, that the eldar are on big floating craftworlds heading OUT of the galaxy to others
Since when, because nothing has ever said that. Some of them are heading out, but that is a choice made by that craftworld, not the Eldar race.

Quote:
my guess is that it foretells a time after they get to other galaxies, rebuild their entire civilisation, and then come back for revenge on those silly upstart chaos god brats.
Totally feasable. The problem with Eldar, we can't assume anything about them. Your theory here, could perfectly hold true, because it satisfies all the needed requirements - basically, it happens at some point. We don't know when, hell, it is possible the Rhana Dandra has already happened to them.

Its like one of the Eldar-Necron stories, in a WD. It gets to a certain point, then simply stops. There is no end, there is no completion, it just leaves it hanging, and that is typical of an Eldar.

Now you know who wrote Lost, bloody Farseers. :P
well, the craftworlds cannot be steered by the eldar on board at all IIRC their course was pre-set when they left eldarnesh (or whatever panzees homeworld is called)
Old 09 Oct 2007, 18:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
The Imperial one is merely a wacky religious belief, with no truth in it at all.
Likely false. As I recall, the Emperor is mentioned in Eldar prophesy; he is also a prodigiously powerful psyker is his own right.

Quote:
you dont seem to realise though, that the eldar are on big floating craftworlds heading OUT of the galaxy to others.
False, the Craftworlds that we've heard of have never tried to leave the galaxy, at least not en masse.

Quote:
well, the craftworlds cannot be steered by the eldar on board at all IIRC their course was pre-set when they left eldarnesh (or whatever panzees homeworld is called)
False. Craftworlds change course and travel the cosmos as the Eldar desire, largely guided by the Farseeers.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2007, 18:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Quote:
Likely false. As I recall, the Emperor is mentioned in Eldar prophesy; he is also a prodigiously powerful psyker is his own right.

Quote:
you dont seem to realise though, that the eldar are on big floating craftworlds heading OUT of the galaxy to others.
False, the Craftworlds that we've heard of have never tried to leave the galaxy, at least not en masse.

Quote:
False. Craftworlds change course and travel the cosmos as the Eldar desire, largely guided by the Farseeers.
really? i could have sworn i read somewhere about how the eldar on the craftworlds have no idea where they were going, and their courses were only known by the founders of those craftworlds. i cant remember where though...
Old 09 Oct 2007, 19:06   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

The position of each Craftworld in the webway is normally only known to Eldar from that Craftworld. How they communicate with each other is difficult to say, except that there must be common meeting grounds somewhere. They probably have a relative idea of where all the craftworlds are in real-space, but that doesn't really make much difference.

I don't really believe Rhana Dandra or the Imperial Apocalypse legends as facts. I think both represent best guesses about the future based on the present and the past. The Eldar know their time may be finite, so they intend to make their passage count for something rather than quietly sinking into extinction. The Imperium knows that many of its heroes are in stasis or missing, so it dreams of a time when the old legends will rise again. But I do not believe there is anything inevitable about either prediction, and the outcome is certainly not set in stone. If the Eldar wait too long, they might well die in vain, their souls squandered in a futile attempt to destroy Warp entities born out of emotions that can not be extinguished.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote