Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What if.....
Old 05 Sep 2007, 15:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default What if.....

What if earth where targetet by the tyraninds today?
How long would we hold out?

First thing first, but not necessarily in that order! - Doctor Who

Fight well and Die well. What more can a guardsmen hope for?

Duality is key, good and evil, dark and light, only when both come toghether can man truly prosper.- Lord Bale

No matter what you do to me I am safe in the knowledge that nobody cares about me anyway!
Psyker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2007, 15:24   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: What if.....

Just long enough to realise we'd lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2007, 16:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'd thought of that before too... and that would suck out loud. I dunno that we'd even last that long.
Old 05 Sep 2007, 16:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk

I reckon we wouldnt survive any longer than any other races. I mean lots of worlds in the 40k universe die fast, and we dont even have some of the weaponry they have, and if we tried to retaliate with nuclear weapons, we would probably end up killing ourselves aswell.

Siruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2007, 17:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siruk
I reckon we wouldnt survive any longer than any other races. I mean lots of worlds in the 40k universe die fast, and we dont even have some of the weaponry they have, and if we tried to retaliate with nuclear weapons, we would probably end up killing ourselves aswell.
We have the advantage of turning the world into an ice ball and some of us suviving so long as the bugs back off after that. 100 days, game over.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2007, 17:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
If you trust some of the numbers they give (the two I'm mentioning have been retconned and derived from qualitative analysis, respectively) it puts Imperial Navy firepower between the gigaton and terraton range - Well over the entire payload of Earth's nuclear stockpiles.

Of course, other numbers make the Basilisk obsolete compared to modern artillery :.

Overall, though, we have nothing that the Imperium doesn't have access to...
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2007, 17:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

We'd last for such a short time it would be almost comedic. :

Heck, ANY invasion from ANY 40k army would leave us dead the moment they dropped. :P
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2007, 17:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well if six Space Marines can destroy an entire world, how long do you really think it would take?

We are talking days.
Autarch_Kalesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2007, 18:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Well if six Space Marines can destroy an entire world, how long do you really think it would take?

We are talking days.
Alone, unsupported (i.e. just the Marines, no Thunderhawk, etc), they couldn`t do ANYTHING. They are groundhuggers, and can be easily bombed into submission by the local airforce.

WITH support (i.e. ship in orbit, Thunderhawk), they have access to the whole array of options - transport, etc.
But even then, they couldn`t "destroy" a planet (unless we`re factoring in the battlecruiser ). They could sow chaos and confusion, kill off the "powers that are" (bye bye White House, bye bye Microsoft ), but they couldn`t conquer Earth. They are terror troops, used to soften up targets before the IG arrives. That`s really all they could do to Earth - destroy a couple of targets, but they couldn`t conquer it, since they can`t hold territory.

But on the other hand, holding planets isn`t what Marines are there for
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2007, 19:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Quote:
If you trust some of the numbers they give (the two I'm mentioning have been retconned and derived from qualitative analysis, respectively) it puts Imperial Navy firepower between the gigaton and terraton range - Well over the entire payload of Earth's nuclear stockpiles.

Of course, other numbers make the Basilisk obsolete compared to modern artillery :.

Overall, though, we have nothing that the Imperium doesn't have access to...
They have access to Large fleets of space ships, space marines, titans, the entire manpower of the human race spread out over millions of planets.

We have a small rock, limited space flight capabilities, no space marines, and our flashlights require regular battery changes.
We are screwed if they attacked.

Siruk is offline   Reply With Quote