Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I do not know if this has been brought up, but do any guardsmen even know what..
Old 03 Sep 2007, 00:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default I do not know if this has been brought up, but do any guardsmen even know what..

Sex is??? Or are they brainwashed??

In the book Kill Team...

***SPOILER ALERT!!!***

There's a part where the team is on the tau ship, the female of the team is showering in the Tau shower. She screams and the all-male team comes in. She's 100% nude, covering her breasts. They look all around the room for the source of what made her scream, find it, and leave. It was if they had not even seen her nude!! Do the Lord-Commanders put some kind of thing in the drink that makes all guardsmen/women not get 'excited' at all??? I mean, of course many Humans know what it is... There're countless billions, as said... But why were these guardsmen acting this way? In the book, which is in first-person, Kage doesn't even say anything about her body... Are guardsmen brainwashed into not getting turned on at all?? :s
Only then your life I will save
Luy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2007, 00:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: I do not know if this has been brought up, but do any guardsmen even know what..

May I assume that you read "The 13th Legion?"

If you haven't it states that they have seen eachother nude due to mandatory group showers. To them it's just another day in the life.....Though, I would stare.....Then again why would you have sex when your Colonel is in the same room as you. Not to mention all the other members :P.

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2007, 00:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: I do not know if this has been brought up, but do any guardsmen even know wh

Maybe she's just ugly.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2007, 00:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: I do not know if this has been brought up, but do any guardsmen even know what..

Well, in a combat situation, most highly trained troops are basically brainwashed. I know that if I was Special forces conducting a mission and I walked into a room with a human girl showering, I'd probably raise an eyebrow at most. You just don't have time. Plus she was an Alien which makes her entirely unappealing to imperial troops.
Old 03 Sep 2007, 00:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Um actually it was Sharpshooter that he's talking about, not a Tau. Secondly, there probably are anti-homone things in the guard food/drink. Can't have those females coming down and out with pregnancy and having to be abandoned on some lonely hive world with no way to help them survive...
Old 03 Sep 2007, 00:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis
Default Re: I do not know if this has been brought up, but do any guardsmen even know wh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguinas
Secondly, there probably are anti-homone things in the guard food/drink. Can't have those females coming down and out with pregnancy and having to be abandoned on some lonely hive world with no way to help them survive...
I disagree. In the Cain series, Cain comments about having to deal with inter-regiment relationships and pregnancies. If there is a baby, then they are probably left with the regiment's followers.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2007, 00:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Oops my mistake. If it was a non combat situation then I'd imagine a slightly bemused look on the faces of the troops. They are soliders after all.
Old 03 Sep 2007, 00:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, we aren't talkin about babies themselves, we're talking about the motions before.

[hr]
[hr]
Old 03 Sep 2007, 00:58   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

The stock answer always works:

It depends on the regiment.

Seriously, the only common thread between Imperial Guard regiments is that they are all (basically) human, and they are all tasked with killing the enemy. Some regiments are going to be indoctrinated to the point of complete celibacy, while others are going to pursue inter-regimental relationships more in line with a Slaaneshi cult. One might drug its soldiers to suppress their sexual urges, while another might actually encourage them as a means of relieving tension after a battle. There is just too much variation.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2007, 01:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
while another might actually encourage them as a means of relieving tension after a battle
I'll enlist for that !

[hr]
[hr]