Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial and T'au Reports
Old 22 Aug 2007, 19:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar
Default Imperial and T'au Reports

I'm trying to find how to format both Imperial and T'au formal reports(such as recon, logistics, and the likes) from the Imperium's PoV on the Farsight Enclaves, as well as T'au Empire as a whole. And likewise for the T'au Empire's PoV on the Farsight Enclaves. Hopefully the sources will range from personal journals to formalized reports sent to T'au and Mars(or Terra), but basic info like who would it be sent to, what rank/level the persons doing the reports would be, what I should expect him to know, the levels of disposition regarding the other races(such Imperials are generally xeno-phobic, but would some have slightly friendlier disposition, while others are more "hardcore"?)
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2007, 21:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Imperial and T'au Reports

Well I've always considered from the Imperail POV that Farsight is the business of a few lone Inquisitors (a number you could count on your hand) and a scant few sources from the Techpriests on astrological surveys when they find the Tau have claimed a once Imperail system.

Apart from that garbled transmissions from Astropaths or Guard commanders encountering Tau mercs brutally cutting them down and leaving with few traces.

From the Tau POV all manner of ideas are spinning around. Mont'ray influence, Mont'au Gue'la taint, Aun killer, Savior of his army, Enlightened to the scale of the universe, missunderstood, broken will and crazy, Greedy ****, Dead and gone, Dead but left followers, Cloned himself and Indifferent.

I don't think the Imperails know anything more than the Tau about Farsight. In fact most of their information is probally stories they picked up from the Tau. In truth he is a complete mystery.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2007, 05:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar
Default Re: Imperial and T'au Reports

Ahh, just the person I wanted to reply! Well, either you or Calmsword or Wargame. The Archivist just may know a few things about how to address/write reports from a T'au PoV. And Wargamer's...enjoying vacation.

That was a lot of help though, but I still don't understand if there is a formalized way to write their reports, as well as if each "piece" of the Imperium's forces writes it in its own way. And which order would Inquisitors and Techpriests fall under? I don't have a guard/SM/Inquisition Codex, but I know there's Ordo Xenos, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Hereticus, and I think there's a few others, but those are the only ones I could find. Although, on Wikipedia, Ordo Obsuletus seems like this may be up their league. And the Malleus/Hereticus seem to be more inwardly-oriented, though there may be one or two mentions about possible corruption in a new sector(Wasn't there something about the Damocles Gulf?)
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote