Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How are Sisters of Battle recruited?
Old 17 Aug 2007, 08:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default How are Sisters of Battle recruited?

The title is the question. How are Sisters of Battle recruited? I've been reading the WH codex but it seems I either haven't gotten to or skipped the part on how they're chosen so can anyone share this part or point out where it is?

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!
trex238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2007, 08:40   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: How are Sisters of Battle recruited?

I have read from some GW article that most of the Adepta Sororitas are actually war orphans that are taken into the Schola Progenium (the exact same institutions where the Imperial High command and Commisars are trained) to be trained up as warriors from a relatively young age.

They are indoctrinated to serve the Imperium with righteous zeal, and then they are send to the convents of Ophelia IV or similiar cardinal planets to be trained even further in their arts of death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2007, 08:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Wow that was a fast response. Thanks.

Hmm I may need to rewrite some fluff. In the order I'm working on two of my Heroines are kinda adopted. They were brought in by Inquisitors & one was brought in fairly young so that's an easy one but the other's supposed to be a former Arbites. Both however started at the bottom to get where they are though.

Is there any precedent similar to this in the Adepta Sororitas?

Acts of Faith - I choose to ignore your reality and substitute my own...for the Emperor.

Old 17 Aug 2007, 09:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Malus Trux,

This is a good thtread, but you may get more help fom the lore-masters in the 40k universe baord, so I am sending you there.

Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2007, 09:23   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Trux
Wow that was a fast response. Thanks.

Hmm I may need to rewrite some fluff. In the order I'm working on two of my Heroines are kinda adopted. They were brought in by Inquisitors & one was brought in fairly young so that's an easy one but the other's supposed to be a former Arbites. Both however started at the bottom to get where they are though.
Hmm, quite frankly, from the little I know, I can't see anything wrong with this idea. The fluff premise seems sound, and I can't see why it could not happen.

Cool Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2007, 17:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Whilst the standard method of recruitment for the Sororitas is through the Schola Progenium, I can't see why this shouldn't be different for certain circumstances, especially the ones you describe.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2007, 00:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

They trick young Imperial girls into getting the haircut.

The rest comes naturally.
Old 25 Aug 2007, 15:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yea i agree, i dont see why a Arbites who shows Zeal, Courage and a devotion beyond that of a normal civillian couldnt be recruited.
"Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

My Photobucket:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z...Sons%20Folder/
Vesica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2007, 12:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thanks guys. A little off topic but how are the Hospitaller orders formed and are structured? I'm checking cause my order is also original one.

For a little more depth you can see what I've got so far here.

Old 08 Sep 2007, 05:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

War orphans are often a great recruiting (conscription) pools. Some orders like Hospitallers are may be formed by volunteers or kids thrown into the order and trained/brainwashed.

Crisis 541 is offline   Reply With Quote