Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Titans vs. The Core Krogoths
Old 05 Aug 2007, 21:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler
Default Imperial Titans vs. The Core Krogoths

As I'm sure nearly any of you who have played Total Annihilation can attest, these things are utterly terrifying.

Now, the Krogoth seems to be some 300 m tall (I'm afraid I don't have a source for this, I just read it somewhere ages ago. :-\) It mounts a pair of plasma cannons (you could probably fit a couple Land Raiders in each barrel, mind,) one on either arm, a pair of missile launchers on its back (good homing ability, can shoot down slow moving aircraft and bombard enemy units at long range. Oh, and they fire about twice in a second,). In its head is mounted a gigantic laser cannon called a Doomsday laser. There isn't much that can take more than a single hit from one of these weapons, besides the Krogoth itself.

It can survive at least 4 direct hits from nuclear-scale fusion bombs used by the Arm forces.

Most players simply walk it into the enemy base and watch it tear them apart. Generally, the only real defense against it is to prevent it being built in the first place. Or to bombard it with standoff plasma artillery.

What do you think it would take the Imperium to kill one?

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2007, 22:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis
Default Re: Imperial Titans vs. The Core Krogoths

A Vortex Missile. It can't do much when it's sucked into the warp. That or a nice broadside from orbiting ships.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2007, 22:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legio Mortis
A Vortex Missile. It can't do much when it's sucked into the warp. That or a nice broadside from orbiting ships.
I meant without destroying your own army in the process. :

Obviously that would work, I'm just looking for something a tad more exciting than that...

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Old 06 Aug 2007, 01:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well, a Vortex missile is fair game since they seem to be used on the larger Titans not too infrequently... that said, the larger Titans are rare as anything themselves.

Deathstrike missile batteries would probably be the Guard's best bet - any Titan weapon is hard to compare because of GW's aversion to hard numbers, although I'm pretty sure even an Imperator is dwarfed by that monster.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2007, 01:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Well, a Vortex missile is fair game since they seem to be used on the larger Titans not too infrequently... that said, the larger Titans are rare as anything themselves.

Deathstrike missile batteries would probably be the Guard's best bet - any Titan weapon is hard to compare because of GW's aversion to hard numbers, although I'm pretty sure even an Imperator is dwarfed by that monster.
I suppose its equivalent to an Imperator in terms of its purpose, but you measure its construction time in minutes, rather than months... ;D

Old 06 Aug 2007, 01:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

That's an RTS :. Everything gets built in minutes, and it bears no resemblance to real life economy whatsoever.

Obviously, though, I'd assume that a Krogoth could be built much faster than an Imperator... Titans take years, not months, to build.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2007, 01:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
That's an RTS :. Everything gets built in minutes, and it bears no resemblance to real life economy whatsoever.

Obviously, though, I'd assume that a Krogoth could be built much faster than an Imperator... Titans take years, not months, to build.
No, TA is supposed to be accurate as far as time scales are concerned, from what I remember, thanks to the power of nanowank. :

So you can build a 2-storey mech in as many seconds.

Of course, the game is so old, my sources seem to have evaporated...

Old 06 Aug 2007, 05:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Speaking of TS, anyone picked up its spiritual successor, Supreme Commander?

Awesome.
Old 06 Aug 2007, 06:27   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Supreme Commander is awesome. Nothing says "Surrender!" quite like a hundred gunships packed into a submersible aircraft carrier.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2007, 07:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Supreme commander is briliant.

I am obsessed with massive bomber assaults, on an easy tutorial mission I used 135 bombers and 25 fighters (who were there as a meat shield) to take out an enemy ACU. Took 5 seconds and, after the ACU exploded I was left with 13 bombers and 10 fighters.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote