Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Vespid Weaponry
Old 25 Jul 2007, 23:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Vespid Weaponry

I dont know if this has been noticed before, so decided to share something strange about the vespid weaponry.

It says that the vespid are the only usable by vespids for the constant, ultrasonic tone emitted by the vibrations of their wing casings which supposedly modulate the energies in the crystals.

So, when our Vespids die, the crystals demodulate? Im not sure exactly what would happen if these weapons demodulate but It would be awesome for their weapons to explode because there are no more wing vibrations to modulate the energy.

This is just a thought. Also, it says only Vespids can only use the weapons. Not true. Unless, the ultrasonic sounds could only modulate at a very tiny distance. Then there is nothing stopping a group of firewarriors taking them with a few vespids modulating the crystals.

Just a thought,

BE
BurntEskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 23:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Vespid Weaponry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntEskimo
I dont know if this has been noticed before, so decided to share something strange about the vespid weaponry.

It says that the vespid are the only usable by vespids for the constant, ultrasonic tone emitted by the vibrations of their wing casings which supposedly modulate the energies in the crystals.

So, when our Vespids die, the crystals demodulate? Im not sure exactly what would happen if these weapons demodulate but It would be awesome for their weapons to explode because there are no more wing vibrations to modulate the energy.

This is just a thought. Also, it says only Vespids can only use the weapons. Not true. Unless, the ultrasonic sounds could only modulate at a very tiny distance. Then there is nothing stopping a group of firewarriors taking them with a few vespids modulating the crystals.

Just a thought,

BE
Unless the vibrations constantly fluctuated in strength, I figured it would have been easy to make something to replicate the vibrations. I personally get the feel that the Tau enslaved the Vespids against the general populace's will. Fluff seems to hint at resentment there.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 23:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

For the weapons I think it's more to do with the ultrasonic harmonics of the crystal.
Basically you need to have the sound just right in order to get it to work.
As for de-modulation of the energy, I think the crystal would simply go dark. The Tau would have been smart enough to make a weapon that doesn't explode if left alone for too long. (Vespid's wouldn't carry their weapon everywhere, and they'd have to store it safely somewhere.)

As for the 'enslavement' thing. That's neither here nor there, but is just depends on how you read the fluff.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2007, 00:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

yea, I doubted it would explode. Its just that would be so cool. They'd all be like those little assasins. It makes them a perfect weapon then. You can shoot it but your opponent cant....Unless they take the vespids with them, plus the range issues.
BurntEskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2007, 00:45   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

Hmm I don't think the weapon would explode. It probably will not fire because it might need the vibrations for the nuetrons to be emitted.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 08:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I always imagined they just fell towards the ground, and a failsafe kicks in, squirting Foam all over the gun, which lets off a muffled *boom*, without hurting anyone.