Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Could a new chapter get the wrong geneseed?
Old 17 Jul 2007, 01:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Viorlakaisshi
Default Could a new chapter get the wrong geneseed?

I was thinking about different ways to make my new DIY unique and I really liked the idea of my chapter conquering the bloodrage. I know that isn't acceptable though, so I was wondering if it would be possible for my chapter to have supposed to receive the Blood Angel's geneseed but accidentally got a different geneseed. The chapter would believe that they had conquered the bloodrage. I was just wondering if this would contradict any present fluff.
Thanks in advance.

Credit for my sig goes to The Immortal Black Mage

Viorlakaisshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 01:51   #2 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Default Re: Could a new chapter get the wrong geneseed?

It's possible, but unlikely. Something big must have happened for there to have been a mix-up that bad. And when they send their geneseed to be tested at mars they would know that it was not Blood Angels.

However, if you interested in a chapter that HAS conquered the bloodrage I would look at the Lamenters. Their a Blood Angels successor chapter that conquered the bloodrage. (but are now cursed)
Old 17 Jul 2007, 02:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Aun

It's possible, but unlikely. Something big must have happened for there to have been a mix-up that bad. And when they send their geneseed to be tested at mars they would know that it was not Blood Angels.

However, if you interested in a chapter that HAS conquered the bloodrage I would look at the Lamenters. Their a Blood Angels successor chapter that conquered the bloodrage. (but are now cursed)
That is as far as I know just a theory and not actually supported much in the fluff.

As for a chapter recieving the wrong gene-seed that wouldn't really be possible. New Chapter creation is a very tightly controlled thing, it takes many years to grow enough implants in test subjects and then implant them into new neophytes, then the chapter undergoes training and field testing, all under the careful eye of many Imperial institutions. For a chapter to recieve the wrong gene-seed would just not really be plausible as it's tested and controlled at so many intervals to ensure the purity and stability of the new chapter.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2007, 06:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Lamenters.

Old 17 Jul 2007, 06:59   #5 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Yes,

Lamenters
One of the chapters created during the Cursed 21st Founding. The Lamenters are believed to have been created from Blood Angels gene-seed, modified to remove the effects of the Black Rage and Red Thirst. This appeared to have been in some way successful. However, the Lamenters are noted for suffering from a kind of melancholy, although it is unclear if this is due to some uncalculated flaw in their geneseed or if it is simply a result of the unfortunate events that have repeatedly befallen the Chapter.

The Lamenters are considered an unfortunate, or even cursed chapter. During the early centuries of the 41st millennium, they became involved on the wrong side of the Badab Uprising. Investigation after the event showed that the Lamenters had not rebelled out of treachery, but of pride. They saw the attacks by the Imperium on the Astral Claws as infringing upon the autonomy of the Adeptus Astartes. They were eventually granted forgiveness for their actions and sent on a one hundred year crusade of penance.

Unfortunately, their bad luck seemed to follow them, as this crusade led them straight into the path of the Tyranid Hive Fleet Kraken. Although they were instrumental in slowing the advance of the alien menace, the Lamenters took devastating losses as a result. In one particularly notable battle, a number of Lamenters Space Marines fought a heroic last stand on the planet Malvolion which was being rapidly consumed by Tyranid organisms. The actions of the Lamenters allowed for many Imperial civilians to escape the doomed world, but they lost their lives in the process. As a result of the horrific losses they suffered in their many battles with the Tyranids, barely 3 companies of the Lamenters still remain.

The power armour of the Lamenters was originally (according to WD101) yellow except for a red helmet stripe and the right shoulder pad which was decorated with white and black checks, upon which rested the Chapter's symbol: a bleeding heart.

The above scheme referred to MkVI Corvus pattern Power Armour. The recent How To Paint Space Marines book includes a MkVII Eagle pattern Power Armour scheme that darkens the armour to a mustard yellow, and (following standard MkVI to MkVII conversion rules) transfers the chapter badge (and the checked pattern) to the left shoulderpad and drops the helmet stripe completely.

Old 17 Jul 2007, 20:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Viorlakaisshi

Thanks for the information.
I now have to decided to go in a completely different direction with my chapter. This new direction I think will last about a week, after that I will probably think of a better idea. So far I have been through something like nine different ideas in two weeks. :
Currently my chapter is going to be mostly mechanized and use raiding tactics. The story for it would be that they suffered very heavy losses in a large battle in which almost all the companies took part (this would be early in their history so it would be one or two companies maybe three.) Most of the slower moving forces were destroyed so now the chapter must rely on speed rather than raw stopping power. They operate out of a mobile fortress like the Imperial Fist's Phlanax (SP?). I still haven't worked out all the details but I expect this idea to last a little longer than the others because I like the space marine bike models and have a bunch of conversion ideas for them (using the rough rider hunting lance bit as a CC weapon for my bikes and maybe some axes too.)

Credit for my sig goes to The Immortal Black Mage

Viorlakaisshi is offline   Reply With Quote