Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Orks & Eldar allied?
Old 08 Jun 2007, 12:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Orks & Eldar allied?

So here's something about which I've been thinking for some time now (well...ever since I started my Ork army). So according to the current *gag* storyline, the Orks and Eldar were created by the Old Ones to fight their enemies - correct? So would it be possible / likely that the Orks & Eldar would ever ally?

Also, the Eldar obviously manipulate races on a regular basis (or attempt to) so would they be able to convince the Orks to ally with them to some extent?

Any ideas would be welcome. Discuss.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2007, 12:45   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Orks & Eldar allied?

The orks are too violent and crude, the eldar too sophisticated and arrogant.

As simple as that. The math will do the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2007, 13:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

Orks will fight as long as there is enough promise of fighting and looting. They are thus good mercenaries. However they will fight on their contractors once they run out of things to fight.

Eldar will achieve their ends no matter the means, if it means hiring or allying with a lesser race and then pre-emptively destroying them later, so be it.

I see no reason why Eldar and Orks can't unite.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2007, 16:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don`t think the Eldar would go as far as hiring these barbarians. They would probably find more exquisite ways to "use" the Orks - for example, kill off the warlord and "replace" him with a warboss who wants to lead the WAAAAGH! into the right direction (i.e. away from the Eldar, towards their enemy). This even already happened once (dunno the exact story, though...).
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2007, 16:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I would like to point your attention to DOWark Crusade where Farseer Taldeer uses Orks who didn't want to follow Gorgutz to defend her base.

I can easily imagine eldar doing this on quite a regular basis.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2007, 16:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Xisor

The Eldar, it is implied, successfully rerouted the Ork Waaagh Scraghurtz as it was about to career through the nascent Tau Empire. I would imagine they do this sort of thing a dozen times before breakfast. Fits their style, y'know. Rather than phoning in sick for work they'd encourage five of their colleagues to show

I'm not sure Orks see it as manipulation if they get a fight out of it.

Yes, Eldar and Orks are two peas in a pod. Well....the Orks *are* the pod, the Eldar are the peas. Of course, Orks don't see it that way, but still...
Old 08 Jun 2007, 19:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xisor
The Eldar, it is implied, successfully rerouted the Ork Waaagh Scraghurtz as it was about to career through the nascent Tau Empire. I would imagine they do this sort of thing a dozen times before breakfast. Fits their style, y'know.
Yes, and I might mention that they did the same thing to Armageddon.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2007, 02:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Xisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legio Mortis
Quote:
The Eldar, it is implied, successfully rerouted the Ork Waaagh Scraghurtz as it was about to career through the nascent Tau Empire. I would imagine they do this sort of thing a dozen times before breakfast. Fits their style, y'know.
I knew there was a far more obvious and prominent one that I was totally forgetting! Bloody details....<mutter grumble>
Old 09 Jun 2007, 02:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legio Mortis
Quote:
I knew there was a far more obvious and prominent one that I was totally forgetting! Bloody details....<mutter grumble>
"It was he [Eldrad] who guided us to the Ork known as Ghazghkull, and commanded us to steer his path towards your world of Armageddon. Ten thousand Eldar lives would have been lost had he not done so. What sacrifice is a million humans for such a cause?"

I have a sneaking suspicion that the death toll on Armageddon would have been in the billions, but the point stands...
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2007, 03:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Great input so far guys. This has confirmed what I thought. However, do you think that Orks have a lingering realization of their true purpose? Mekboyz, Painboyz have an inherent understanding of certain skills. Is it possible that Orks have a sensation of purpose that could be awakened?

At this point I'm just curious about opinions. I'd like to eventually run a larger game between my son's Space Marines and a combined force of Eldar & Orks and I'm just wondering how far I can go with the "cooperation" fluff.

On the other side of things, how gullible are Orks? I would say not very. They can be manipulated by playing off of their natural love for fighting (i.e. forcing internal strife or hiring as mercenaries). However, could they be convinced of something by an outside power?
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote