Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How strong is a Space Marine?
Old 20 May 2007, 05:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default How strong is a Space Marine?

Like how much weight could he lift without power armor, and how much could he life with power armor.

* The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

~Uthan the Perverse.
marine13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 05:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: How strong is a Space Marine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine13
Like how much weight could he lift without power armor, and how much could he life with power armor.
Well take the amount that can be lifted by the average body builder and double it for without armor, and quadrouple it for with armor is what I would say.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 05:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

You know the Master Chief? Id say, thats how much with Armor...
Old 20 May 2007, 06:07   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

I'd say stronger than the Master Chief.

What's the deal with him being "Master Chief" anyway... that's not even a combat rating.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 06:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Quote:
Well take the amount that can be lifted by the average body builder and double it for without armor, and quadrouple it for with armor is what I would say.

I sure hope not.....

Currently the military already has prototype suits which allows the user's strength to be magnified 10 times, 40k years into the future the pride of the galactic spanning empires better be more than 4 times the strength...

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 07:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

hmm, I think master chief twice for without armour...... But then again the warthog doesn't seem to follow the principles of gravity other than the fact that it comes down again....

"Sometimes, I'm embarrassed to be your friend..."
Shas O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 07:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Master Chief isn't really a good example. He can flip a tank that he's standing on so hard it launches him so far into the air that he dies on impact with the ground. But yet needs two punches to kill a Grunt.

To answer your question, in a fluff piece I read in one of the old White Dwarf's, a Space Marine decides that he dosen't have enough time to blow up a concrete wall with krak (designed to blow up tanks) grenades. So instead, he barges it with his shoulder. The wall collapses.

So yeah, they're pretty strong.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 08:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin
Master Chief isn't really a good example. He can flip a tank that he's standing on so hard it launches him so far into the air that he dies on impact with the ground. But yet needs two punches to kill a Grunt.

To answer your question, in a fluff piece I read in one of the old White Dwarf's, a Space Marine decides that he dosen't have enough time to blow up a concrete wall with krak (designed to blow up tanks) grenades. So instead, he barges it with his shoulder. The wall collapses.

So yeah, they're pretty strong.
Tank flipping is a game mechanic to access vehicles, so not a very good example of fluff

The best quote to describe it, is this:

"Who could relate to giants who can crush a mans skull with one hand, spit acid, and practice crude acts of blood sacrifice?"

Old 20 May 2007, 10:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedmongoose2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Quote:

I sure hope not.....

Currently the military already has prototype suits which allows the user's strength to be magnified 10 times, 40k years into the future the pride of the galactic spanning empires better be more than 4 times the strength...
Don't forget thar the Imperial Tech is not as good as it once was, and they aren't making any efforts to improve it. Probably there was at one point 10x strength suits, but they'll all have been destroyed during the Dark Age of Technology.

Although... I'm not sure how strong a Space Marine is, only that it is a multiple of a human's strength.

My Fanfiction.net account (warning - only Naruto fanfics at present): http://www.fanfiction.net/~subutaisghost
Automatic_Demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2007, 10:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

I'm not talking about in comparison to the Golden Age of technology, the Imperium can never match that.

I'm talking about in comparison to NOW.

Surely you don't believe their technology is less than what we have NOW.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote