Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Question about Geneseeds?
Old 30 Apr 2007, 22:22   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Question about Geneseeds?

I am planning to make a new chapter for the Space Marines and I was thinking about having my parential genetic fathers be the Black Templar and the 666th Chapter, a.k.a. the Grey Knights...

However, a friend of mine has said that this would never happen because the Grey Knights are super rare and pure.

Would or could this ever happen?

Any help will be welcomed!

Eating my wings to make me tame...
TheExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 23:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Question about Geneseeds?

no it could or would not. The grey knights were the 1 1\2 founding, made of Garrows famous 70. Plus they have the purest genestock, they would not mix up with the BT (see GK are all psykers while BT doesn't trust them all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
edraik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 23:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

As Edraik said - GK geneseed is ultra pure and especially guarded. No official records even show their origins. There is next to no chance that they would ever consider another founding chapter.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 23:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You will want to look into the excorists chapter though. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Exorcists
Very interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
edraik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 00:35   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by edraik
no it could or would not. The grey knights were the 1 1\2 founding, made of Garrows famous 70. Plus they have the purest genestock, they would not mix up with the BT (see GK are all psykers while BT doesn't trust them all).
You forget to realize that the GK are the ONLY psykers that the BT trust. See "Abhor the Witch" special rule.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 01:26   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Damn it, Edraik! You need to be clear about when you are quoting a confirmed fact and when you are quoting theories. > The source of the Grey Knights' geneseed is not precisely known when last I checked. That it was drawn from the loyalists of the Traitor Legions is one theory. Another is that it came from the Emperor himself. Another is that it was drawn from several of the Primarchs. GW has left it vague for the time being.

In any event, all that must be true for a chapter to spawn successor chapters is that they tithe part of their geneseed to the AdMech. Part of this tithe is tested for genetic purity, and part is stored for the potential creation of a new chapter. When a new chapter is required, the AdMech will implant some of the geneseed in disposal subjects, which are the harvested to produce two new geneseeds. This is repeated until they have the 1,000 sets of stable organs they need to begin the implantation of a full Chapter. It is unclear how much choice the original chapters have in this process, as it was noted a unusual when the Dark Angels explicitly requested the creation of a new chapter from their stock.

So it would really be up to the Inquisition whether or not any of the Grey Knight's geneseed was tithed for the creation of new chapters. My gut feeling is that they would not, but it is certainly not impossible. And the Black Templars geneseed is fairly stable, so there would be no problem from that end.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 03:06   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:
So it would really be up to the Inquisition whether or not any of the Grey Knight's geneseed was tithed for the creation of new chapters. My gut feeling is that they would not, but it is certainly not impossible. And the Black Templars geneseed is fairly stable, so there would be no problem from that end.
The BT are only missing 2 of the zygotes as well, The Sus-An Membrane, which allows a Space Marine to survive suspended animation. And the Betcher's Gland, which allows the Space Marine to spit a corrosive poison. Which makes their Geneseed one of the most pure. I suspect that the zealotry comes from the chapter's chaplains and the psyco-conditioning.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 03:49   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icer, The Holy Influence
The BT are only missing 2 of the zygotes as well, The Sus-An Membrane, which allows a Space Marine to survive suspended animation. And the Betcher's Gland, which allows the Space Marine to spit a corrosive poison. Which makes their Geneseed one of the most pure. I suspect that the zealotry comes from the chapter's chaplains and the psyco-conditioning.
If I remember Imperial Fist fluff properly, the BT were founded out of the most radical of the Imperial Fists, are they not? So while their geneseed is stable, it probably contains the genetic information which "encourages" them to be so zealous.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 05:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

Yeah seriously Edraik you've got to stop throwing around that Garrow's 70 thing like it's a fact, I half jumped first time you said that until i realized it's speculation.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 08:12   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I think some form of official announcement may be required...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote