Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau and Tzeentch!!!!!!!!
Old 22 Apr 2007, 18:37   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Tau and Tzeentch!!!!!!!!

I think the tau were created by tzeentch!
seems crazy right?
well mull it over in your head for a few seconds.
what is the one thing above all that tzeentch and the tau do?
change and evolve!
makes sense right! the tau are new, tzeentch is pretty powerful, he oculdve created em
razorpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2007, 18:46   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Tau and Tzeentch!!!!!!!!

Sort of unlikely. Of all the Chaos Gods, Tzeentch is the most closely connected with the use of the Warp to influence the material universe. It would be rather silly for him to create a race that is almost completely insensitive to the Warp. And creation has never been something the Chaos Gods really do. They normally just warp and change what is already there. So I'm not sure there is really any connection beyond the most cursory surface traits of the ideas.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2007, 22:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I've got to agree with Khanaris on this one.

Nice thinking though, keep it up!

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2007, 22:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Not made them, protected with warp storms to see what happens maybe, but not create.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2007, 23:34   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ok, it was just a wild streak of imagination. Gearhead may be onto something though. The tau could have been destroyed but for WARP storms. tzeentch is the WARP god of change. the tau are an instrument of change. add 2 and 2 (And 2).
thanks for your input anyways
razorpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 00:11   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorpowell
ok, it was just a wild streak of imagination. Gearhead may be onto something though. The tau could have been destroyed but for WARP storms. tzeentch is the WARP god of change. the tau are an instrument of change. add 2 and 2 (And 2).
thanks for your input anyways
That is possible, and with Tzeentch you don't really need a plausible reason for something to happen. His plans are that complicated. But at the moment, we can not really be sure to what extent even the Chaos Gods can control Warp Storms. They are, after all, what kept the Traitor Legions bottled up in the Eye of Terror for all these centuries. The other great masters of the Warp are the Old Ones, and it has also been proposed that they had a hand the development of the Tau. There is not enough information to make much out of it, though.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 06:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Perhaps Tzeentich values the Tau in some future plan, maybe to counter the Necrons, to stop them from doing something.

No clue.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 08:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Munchkin

Tzeentch never HAS been close to the other gods.... but making them unsensitive to the warp wouldn't be like him; He's the only one who relaly uses sorcery. Interesting thought though.

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Help Support My Humor!
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 16:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hmmmm. The Tau have rapidly evolved and been protected by warp storms. Maybe the fact that they are near-invisible to the warp is of some purpose to Tzeentch, maybe to hide them from his brothers?
If he does have a purpose for him, I doubt it would be beyond him to wipe them out once he's done. As is notable in 40K game mechanics, while Tau may not appear in the warp, they can still be injured by its magics.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 16:48   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XV18
If he does have a purpose for him, I doubt it would be beyond him to wipe them out once he's done.
This is not, from everything I have read, something Tzeentch has the power to do. The degree to which the Chaos Gods can influence the material world directly is fairly minor. Tzeentch acts through his followers, as do all of the major powers. He could choose to direct them against the Tau, of course, but it is not like the god himself could attack the Tau Empire directly, especially with so few psykers to influence.

With Tzeentch, you sort of have to assume that everything and everyone in the galaxy is a part of his labyrinthine plots. That does not mean that they do not have free will, but rather that Tzeentch is aware of them and seeks to influence him for his own purposes. But he only has control over those who choose to follow him or are possessed by his servants.

But as I said before, even the Chaos Gods themselves have trouble controlling Warp Storms. It takes a lot of ritual and sacrifice on the material side by their cultists to do anything of that sort. It isn't something they can just call up on a whim from inside the Warp.