Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Demise of the Squats
Old 09 Apr 2007, 02:43   #21 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default Re: Demise of the Squats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
What if the Squats decided to build a Halo type device in the wake of Tyranid attack. They put their faith in this project even as a number of their worlds were eatten up, but then the machine backfires killing them off, but leaving many of the Tyranids still alive.

Major oops if there ever was one. Then severely depleted in numbers those fee who survived this 'doomsday device' were overwhelmed.

At least it sounds interesting as a plot. However its making a lot up for the 40k universe.

...and even if the 'nids weren't there at the right time, they could have still wiped themselves out with this 'weapon', hey it might not even be Squat. It could have been an Ancient Terra Artifact...

Genmotty
That'd be awsome! lol
Only then your life I will save
Luy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2007, 14:28   #22 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I don't think its all that bad. Plenty of powerful alien races have been wiped out by the Nids. The powerful Lear race were wiped out by just the Emporers Children during the Great Crusade. They held many worlds but didn't last long.

The Squat Home worlds, weakened by a particularly brutal Ork Waaagh were now in the path of a large Splinter of Hive Fleet Kraken. Their already weakened worlds started to fall into disarray, the Imperial Inquisition suspecting the influence of Genestealer Cults. These Cults spreading quicker and easier in Squat society due to their strong sense of family bonds and their already weakened military state in the aftermath of the Ork Waaagh. When the Splinter Fleet finally hit the Squat Homeworlds, expected Imperial aid didn't arrive. With the Imperium already stretched thin on many fronts, the more hard-line factions of the Inquisition took their opportunity to block any aid the Squats would receive, and finally rid the Imperium of the abhorrent mutants who had cost the Imperium a great many worlds, rightly belonging to the Immortal Emperor of Mankind, during the age of Apostasy.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 17:12   #23 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Why don't one of us create a fluff of it. Then send it into GW and see what they say about it. That is where most of the fluff comes from, people like us.

The all consuming Y he are beyond the teachings of the Tau va And we Y he are proud of it

Lictor, Lictor, in a tree,
Stupid humans can't see me,
Reach out quick and cut one down,
See the rest all run around.
Quickly kill the last in line,
Hear the rest all squeal like swine.
Cut and slash and hack and slice,
Welcome to my paradise.
Lictor, Lictor in a tree,
No one's left to search for me.
Evisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 17:28   #24 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisser
Why don't one of us create a fluff of it. Then send it into GW and see what they say about it. That is where most of the fluff comes from, people like us.
To put it simply GW wouldn't care. They killed off squats for a reason and dismiss any mention of them. I think alot of the allure of the squats is that they are the dead race. They weren't even that big of an army in 2nd edition.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 17:47   #25 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

So I think this was preluded to a second ago, but if Leviathan consumed all that Squat genetic material, wouldn't all the new generation 'Nids be... well... Squat-ier? Shorter?

Wait... Everyone's saying Karken did the Squats in? I was under the impression that it was a splinter fleet from Hive Fleet Leviathan?

Confused,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 17:59   #26 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
So I think this was preluded to a second ago, but if Leviathan consumed all that Squat genetic material, wouldn't all the new generation 'Nids be... well... Squat-ier? Shorter?
The Tyranids do have some choice as to what traits they adopt from the genetic material they consume (unlike the Kroot, who have to be careful what they eat). So unless the Squats had some natural advantages that were useful to the Tyranids, consuming them probably wouldn't change the Tyranids all that much.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 20:46   #27 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Ok, thanks. Slightly disappointing.

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 01:50   #28 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:
The Tyranids do have some choice as to what traits they adopt from the genetic material they consume (unlike the Kroot, who have to be careful what they eat). So unless the Squats had some natural advantages that were useful to the Tyranids, consuming them probably wouldn't change the Tyranids all that much.
Except Squat Genestealers. Now that would be hilarious.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 02:44   #29 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:
Except Squat Genestealers. Now that would be hilarious.
"Can't. Reach. Space-Marine. Throat."

Old 11 Apr 2007, 08:17   #30 (permalink)
Ethereal

you know, i'm really wanting to create a squat army now.

Does anyone know where I can get any more info?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote