Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Who handles Grey Knight "Techpriest" duties?
Old 04 Apr 2007, 01:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke
Default Who handles Grey Knight "Techpriest" duties?

Well, I recently purchased a Dreadnought for use in my GK army (I felt the list needs/needed some antitank capability in it, and Dreadnoughts can be kitted out to be pretty much anti-whatever.), and was reading through the rules for all of the DH vehicle options when the question hit me:

Who handles the work of the Techmarines/Techpriests, anyways? From what I've read (both Grey Knight novels), I'm under the impression that the 'Knights handle their own artificer work, but I've never heard mention of a Techpriest/Techmarine. It would almost seem like they would need both, as a Techpriest is probably not authorized to work on a sacred Dreadnought, and a Techmarine has better things to do than fix someone's Chimera. A Techmarine could probably handle all of the work, but like I've said, I've never heard of a GK Techmarine.

Who do they use? Do they make use of Inquisition-sanctioned Techpriests for the more mundane tasks and handle the work of their more "sacred" vehicles themselves? Is there actually a rank of Grey Knight Techmarine?

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2007, 07:12   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Who handles Grey Knight "Techpriest" duties?

I think the Inquisition takes care of all that; the Grey Knights just stick to fighting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2007, 19:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

That sounds most likely. In order to be a techmarine you have to be sent to Mars and train there. It often creates something of a divided loyalty in marines. Who are they loyal to first, their chapter or the Tech adepts? The dark angels do not really trust their own techmarines and none are ever inducted into their inner circle.

It seems unlikely that a chapter as devout and secretive as the Grey Knights would risk sending any of their members away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Apr 2007, 21:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

the inquistion probably has so much power he requisitions annother dreadnought and sends the broken one to a forgeworld.
Generally the archetype within fantasy and sci-fi is that if a character looks good, then he/she is good, if they're ugly then they're probably evil. (I'm looking at YOU TOLKIEN!!)
Radio-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2007, 19:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Thanks! The question was out of total curiosity, but now it's settled.

If only I could get the voices to stop asking me such odd and random questions... >

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote