Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Does Nurgle have a place in 40k?
Old 27 Mar 2007, 12:22   #11 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Munchkin
Default Re: Does Nurgle have a place in 40k?

Yeah I guess.... since he needs to bring down death...

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Help Support My Humor!
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 12:41   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yes he does, but he constantly ressurects his followers. Plague Marines reform in pools of puss and filth, and mortals become zombies.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 18:09   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedmongoose2003
However I thought it made absolutely no sense that Khorne should be greater than Slannesh, because more people should want hedonism and pleasure than just the thrill of battle. I mean within fantasy it made a bit of sense because we're talking about bloodthirsty viking/hun equivalents, but then in 40k why would random blood cults pop up amongst average imperial citizens?

Of course one explanation of the relative rarity of Slannesh is that Slannesh cults usually happens within the upper class, who have time to waste on huge drug induced orgies and dabbles in stuff like that. So obviously there'd be less of them, cos say on a hive world, you might have 1,000 nobles and merchant princes who have the spare time to have massive orgies, whilst 100,000 angry mutants and howling for blood at the system that oppresses them.
That's part of it. The main reason though why Khorne is considered the most powerful (out of them all) is because of his nature more than anything else. Khorne and his followers live for war. In the 41st millennium what is a near universal constant? That's right - war. And so Khorne grows stronger.
Also, don't forget that a warlike god's followers are more than likely to be able to easily do over a hedonistic god's followers in a stand-up fight. And so that's another reason.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 18:29   #14 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedmongoose2003
Which is of course, why Tzeentch and Nurgle are mortal enemies.

Because a believer of Tzeentch will believe in avoiding his inescapable fate through his powers.
Nurgle also stands for the natural order of time, he believes in te hstaus quo, everything will rot and decay as it should and all i sas it should be.

Tzeentch wishes for change for chamges sake, and should he achieveuniversal domination nothing would stay the same for long. Tzeenthc mutates purely to chage his followers Nurgle plauges his followers because disease is a ntural constant in the universe. And yes nurgle has a place in the 40k universe
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 01:50   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Actually, nurgle isn't just the god of decay, he also is the god of life and rebirth, just like all the big gods have flip sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
edraik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 07:36   #16 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edraik
Actually, nurgle isn't just the god of decay, he also is the god of life and rebirth, just like all the big gods have flip sides.
Yes... like Khorne is the good of violence and... violence.

Tzeench is the God of Change and Magic... which aren't flip-sides.

Slaneesh is the Prince of Excess... which encompasses both ends of the spectrum, so kind of.

Nurgle is the only God which embodies polar-opposites; death, and the defiance of death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 07:40   #17 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Munchkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Nurgle is the only God which embodies polar-opposites; death, and the defiance of death.
More like the defiance of life really...

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Help Support My Humor!
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 08:07   #18 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

I would say Tzeentch is more the god of hope than Nurgle.

Tzeentch represents hope, hope through change. It's a very survivalist primal emotion, all of the followers of Tzeentch are seduced through the hope to change the darkness of the natural order of death and decay.

Nurgle only comes to help you when you have no more hope. In despair nurgle saves you.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 08:25   #19 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

If Tzeentch is god of change, does that mean the groth of Nids empowwers him?

But onto this topic. Id say Tzeench doesnt represent hope, just intervention or prolonging. Nurgle represents acceptance and release. In a way every Choas god is good, in another they are bad. CHaos gods as I see it are the forces of the Warp trying to reunify the chaos within it. They arnt intensionally doing this, but eventually they will balance everything out so it is as it should be.

Every god has its flip.

Khorne= Bloodshed and Violence / Pride and honour (he is war and one of the largest parts of war is pride)
Nurgle= Death and Decay / Acceptance and release (If you accept the end and let it flow you are at peace with yourself. Nurgle is sort of the evil Budda)
Slannesh= Excess and Seduction / Pleasure and freewill (When you can do anythign you want again you are are peace, although Slannesh is the most unablanced of them all, possibly because he was created by Eldar emotion...)
Tzeench= Change and Mutation / Intellegence and Bettering Ones Self (It is always a good thing to make yourself better, that way you can better help the people around you. Although Tzeench does this in a selfish way, bad thigns that have happened have been ratified by the knownledge gained (such as the Ahrim thing))

These are just my ideas. I know I look at the warp in a strange way as a balance sort of thing, but then ive always liked the idea of Buddism (even though I find it hard to follow)

TTO
Old 28 Mar 2007, 10:06   #20 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

I know I've always refrained from referring to wikipedia on this, but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzeentch

"Like his brother gods, Tzeentch grew from a single survivalist emotion: in his case, the emotion was hope"

"Tzeentch represents hope, change, optimism, and adaptation"

Not saying I'm right of course, just glad somebody agrees with my theory.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote