Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Space marines their not all there.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 23:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default Space marines their not all there.

Space marines their not all there.

My experiences with mental health had lead me to believe that space marines them selves are not as heavenly has there made out to be. First of all space marines can calmly reload a bolter wile staring down the maw of some 20 foot tall monstrosity and donít really understand fear or those who suffer from it. This would suggest that space marines are Autistic in the sense that they donít view the world as you and me do.

Iíve also noticed other habits that would be considered mad. The Iron hands are Dismorphic they donít see them selves as who they are and under go constant bionic surgery. The Iron warriors how ever suffer from paranoia despite having an autistic mind. The emperorís children are perfectionists and constantly subjected to freak outs. The world eaters have anger management issues as to do blood angels. The entire night lords are made up of sadists. The list goes on and it really wouldnít shock me if there were a chapter out there who have OCD.

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2007, 00:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Space marines their not all there.

Quote:
My experiences with mental health had lead me to believe that space marines them selves are not as heavenly has there made out to be. First of all space marines can calmly reload a bolter wile staring down the maw of some 20 foot tall monstrosity and donít really understand fear or those who suffer from it. This would suggest that space marines are Autistic in the sense that they donít view the world as you and me do.
It's not called autism, it's a product of chemical and psychological conditioning from late childhood...
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2007, 00:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

basically everything Novae just said, except, your completely retarded if you need to ask stuff like this. read the codex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
edraik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2007, 00:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by edraik
basically everything Novae just said, except, your completely retarded if you need to ask stuff like this. read the codex.
I didn't say much, and that was over the top flaming. Don't.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2007, 01:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

So this guy comes in an presents a theory which he himself supported substantially, and you just flame him for having a differing opinion than the codex?

So how can you oppose the codex in some instances because select individuals say something else, and then support the codex in other instances when another select individual makes a statement of differing opinion?

Whatever, smited. (Just for reference I think Diz makes an interesting point but I wouldn't agree on it.

Also, OCD marines would be ten kinds of awesome.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2007, 01:51   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Their mental state is optimized for their job, to a level that is difficult to imagine. When they are doing their job, they are fairly stable. But their minds could never handle anything else. After the kind of psycho-conditioning they go through, most marines would go mad in a peaceful environment without the presence of their brethren. So yeah, I would say that they are definitely "not all there". And because they are so heavily influenced by the nature of their Primarch and those who came before them during their induction, any instabilities are going to propagate down through the generations of that chapter. And all Space Marines have to undergo regular adjustments to their body chemistry by the Apothecaries in order to keep it stable. Their bodies can no longer self-regulate in the long term. So autism would be the least of their problems. Lesser mental illnesses are probably a constant concern for the Chapter's Apothecaries and Chaplains.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2007, 04:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I like your ideas Professor Diz. If the SMurfs do have "problems " they are no where as drastic as Sister Repentia....
Quote from: Bash on Today at 08:38:20 PM

I don't care what car it is, I'm having a personalised license plate which says "AV14" on it...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waarghs will start |
Waarghs will end |
The ones we will remember | Dedicated to KJ, The guv, Freddie hope
Are the ones of our friends |or however you knew that great man
the emperors flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2007, 10:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by edraik
First off wasn't asking I was trying to make a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
It's not called autism, it's a product of chemical and psychological conditioning from late childhood...
I didn't say they were Autistic I'm saying there mental state is such that their not far off.

another example that would support my theory is dark angels could have a form of socially Inadequacy they send their time separated from the rest of humanity they must feel out of place around other marines. There is a phobia only in Japan that is a fear of embarrassment of addressing people incorrectly.

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2007, 10:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I can see that, for all Space Marines, they consider themselves different. Like, a Space Wolf might see himself as a sort of divine hero compared to a man, while a Dark Angel feels like a defending shadow of the House Of Man. Depends.

Good thoughts, I really appreciate things which make me think, Diz.

Old 22 Mar 2007, 11:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

I'm still holding out for the OCD marines though.

(in the din of battle with artillery, explosions and gunfire in the background, pretend all of them have a british accent)

"CHARGE THE LEFT FLANK BROTHERS!!!"

"Oh what? And not charge the right flank? That's hardly balanced is it? It's just all wrong"

"Well its not exactly tactically viable to charge their right flank!"

"What you think we'll just go all asymmetrical, like some colonial savages"

"Oh fine, Perkins! Krak missile 2 o clock!"

"Uh...no sir, actually I just fired a frag missile, I'm terribly sorry I've got this habit of mine where I have to fire alternating patterns, but if you want I can shoot over a frag missile"

"A frag missile? Are you mad? At the enemy's armoured positions!?"

etc....hilarity ensues.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote