Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Being that is everything in 40k
Old 25 Feb 2007, 14:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default The Being that is everything in 40k

This is a completely random thought that I dont know here it came from or how it entered my head, it just did...

The Warp is where all feeling, given enough time and phycik energy, can be given sentirent form. So, if GAmes-workshop ever wanted a end game themed apocolapse, they could use this.

A sentient being has been created in the Warp. It is more evil then the Ctan and any Chaos God, more rightous then the Emperor or Tau'Va or any other phylosophy. As said before, the Warp can give feelings and emotions from different races sentient life (i.e. Slaneesh and the Eldar.) So this being, stay with me, is the collective emotions of all living beings. Thats the simple thing of it. I will go into further detail.
This being/creature/sentient mass of energy would contain:

1. The archaic brutalism and unimaginable sense of duty of the Imperium.

2. The bitter, twisted hatred and filfy lust for pleasure and power and simple bloody mindlessness of the Chaos Gods and their followers.

3. The simple, unharnassed will to feed and battle that is the Tyranids and Orks.

4. The simple but immense hatred of the Ctan and their followers towards all living things.

5. The general will for good and all around prosperity for others that is the Tau'Va and the Tau Empire.

6. The discipline and harnessed lament of the Eldar, along with their arrogence.

7. The degrading lust for extremities that drives the dark Eldar.

8. And finally the simple feeling of all the lesser races or animal and plant life that exists in the galaxy, th will to survive, feed and reproduce.

Basically, I am talking about a sentience that contains all of the feelings, no matter how contrasting, that has ever been felt by sentient beings. This is just a thought I had when I was falling asleep last night and I wanted your views and comments on it. You reckon it could ever happen and if so, what would be the results?

To put simply, I hate Necrons, despise Tyranids and simply kill Space Marine!
Kais Cadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2007, 14:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: The Being that is everything in 40k

Basically Chaos undivided (including the Star Child).

What would be very interesting is an alliance between Chaotic & Temporal forces (i.e. Eldar and Imperium) to defeat Necrons and Tyranids. I'm sure Chaos realizes that the elimination of psychic sentience from the galaxy would lead to the destruction of the Warp (I'm not sure if Tau contriubte to this because they're not physchic). So, the Tyranids and Necrons are the biggest threat the Chaos because if the Necrons gauss everything, or the 'Nids eat everything, then the Warp will disappear. Bummer.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2007, 15:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau

I thought that Tau are still a part of the warp, while they are not directly psychic they at least have a tiny presence within the warp surely.....? I thought that pretty much anything capable of basic thought or can feel..... was part of the warp......?

Maybe thats wrong actually........ :'(
Old 28 Feb 2007, 17:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

No, I'm probably wrong on the Tau. Someone else said that they have a very "small" psychic presence. So they probably contribute to the warp too.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2007, 17:51   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

The Tau contribute a little, but almost nothing compared to humanity, even if they were not outnumbered by many orders of magnitude.

In a sense, though, what you are describing already exists. But just as our own emotions conflict with each other, so do the Warp entities they spawn divide into seperate opposing forces. And the emotions the primary Chaos Gods embody are not purely negative. Khorne embodies rage, but he also embodies courage. Nurgle is a creation of hope as well as decay. Tzeentch is the lord of plotters, but also contains more positive emotions regarding the desire for understanding and enlightentment. Slaanesh is the god of depravity, but also of the love of life. Their followers are evil not solely because the God they worship are evil, but because they represent emotions taken to extremes that society can not support. That is the difference between the Chaotic Evil of the Ruinous Powers and the cold, unfeeling evil of the Necrontyr and the C'Tan.

But it seems that they can not exist as one entity in the Warp as long as they represent internal conflicts and contradictions. In a sense, though, the Warp itself is a sentient entity, albeit one with many warring and conflicting components.

That is my take on it, anyway.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2007, 12:41   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Actually, Nurgle is God of Despair, not Hope. That's Tzeentch you're thinking of there. Sorry for being pedantic.

Anyhoo, how is this new God supposed to bring about an endgame scenario?

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2007, 12:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

What is the Star Child?

And this is not a bad idea, but would never happen due to the money lust of GW...
Old 02 Mar 2007, 15:20   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin
Actually, Nurgle is God of Despair, not Hope. That's Tzeentch you're thinking of there. Sorry for being pedantic.
It was in the Nurgle Liber Chaotica, though. Nurgle draws power from those who hope in despair. The difference between Nurgle and Tzeentch is a little more subtle than that between Khorne and Slaanesh. The power of Nurgle is drawn from the defiance of those who accept the inevitability of death. The power of Tzeentch is drawn from those who seek to change their fates and cheat that inevitability. But both of them are born out of basic human hope and the desire to keep living, whatever the circumstances.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2007, 08:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

"The Being" as you call it, sounds like an omniscient Chaos god with a bipolar disorder. One moment all unity and happiness, the next all raining exploding bloodbombs on the faithful and heretic alike.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
MechTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2007, 08:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

Perfect.

That is true Chaos, not carnage and death, but unpredictablity...