Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

"The Emperor's Peace" Killer of Many.
Old 06 Feb 2007, 07:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer
Default "The Emperor's Peace" Killer of Many.

It is stated that apothacaries carry Reductors that administer "The Emperor's Peace". How does this miricle (the fact taht it kills Marines (oh I did it ) is a miricle) of science work??? Does it shoot them in the head or does it do it peacefully?
Old 06 Feb 2007, 08:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: "The Emperor's Peace" Killer of Many.

The Reductor was designed to harvest the gene - seed of a Space Marine whilst on the battlefield. The process is a nasty one (rips out the progenoid glands) so it's obviously only used on recently dead or mortally wounded Marines. The fact that it is said to administer "The Emperor's Peace" just means that it kills them extremely quickly. Thus stopping them from lying around in agony for hours on end.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2007, 08:43   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

I thought it contained the gene seed ripping part, and an integrated boltpistol. As it was pressed against them, the boltpistol fired, killing them, and the ripper punched in and um, ripped.

Could be wrong, I know it might have been in an earlier edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2007, 09:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

Cool. Do other races have systems similar? Like if an Eldar is mortally wounded do they shoot them and take their stone? or do Eldar have advanced medicines capible of healing REALLY bad injuries?
Old 06 Feb 2007, 11:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I believe the Emperor's Peace is administered by Bolt Pistol (check out the fluff about the Raven Guard commander Corax). I think he administers peace to all of his monstrous progeny with a bolt pistol.

The Eldar don't have an "Emperor's Peace" as such. I would imagine that their "near death" falls into a instances. They are more "fragile" than marines (being that marines have about every method in the galaxy to keep them alive no matter what) and that Eldar are all psychic so have some ability to bind or unbind their spirits to their bodies.

The Tyranids do reclaim biomass. So they would have a similar system of killing the badly wounded. It probably involves a lot more teeth and is a bit more gorey than the Marine version, though.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2007, 20:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Tyranids have large pools of incredibly strong acid in which one type of 'nid, which is resistant to the acid, drags new biomass into it to be digested or older or wounded creatures into it.

Crisis 541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2007, 21:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

bBasically an apothecary carries a battery of life saving drugs and tools collectively called a Narthecium. If these tools fail to work then the pothecary uses the extremely short range high velocity bolt round to blow the marines neck out, thus killing it instantly.

The bolt round is basiclaly an abnormally large charge that supplants almost all of the fuel, making it exponentially more powerful, but only workable at close range. it is designed this way to penatrate the Ceramite armor with the leaset amount of resitance so the apothecary does not have to unstarp the chest plate.

note that the charge destroys the base of the neck rather than the area where the geneseed is located (one either side of the throat where it meets the jaw)

Then a needle is extended from the glove liek reductor and is used to cut out the geneseed (this can only be done by removing the throat) and then preserve the organ in a small damp jar.

"Life liberty and the pursuit of cheese"- Me

All the tau have to worrie about is going off course, not having their souls eaten and their bodies being worn as a tuxedo to a slaughter-party

"And we shall know fear!"-honored battle cry of the SMs also known as Sissy Marines. The chapter was later declared Worthless Extrimis after crying when shot at by Orks in the chapters first engagment. In the AER (After Execution Review) Inquistor Exter said "It was just breaking my heart to see those grown marines cry."

Tau Wins: 2 Draws:0 Losses: 0
SMs Wins: 64 Draw
Bob the Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2007, 16:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Anybody else in the mood for a hamburger?
*passes out hamburgers to all takers*
Old 07 Feb 2007, 17:32   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

The Emperor's Peace just seems to be a term for mercy-killing. Space Marines have a more specific method of performing it, but the term also gets used by the Imperial Guard. Just a quick clean death.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2007, 17:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Who administers the IG Emperor's Peace...the commissars? ;D