Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Second Great Crusade
Old 22 Jan 2007, 01:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default The Second Great Crusade

The Great Crusade was the pinicle of humanity. Then came the Horus Heresy and Humanity fell into ruin, but was reunited together with the help of Robute Gulliman (sorry if I spelled wrong). Now, what if The Emporer in all his shining glory came back? What if all the Primarchs which went away (Vulkan, Corax, etc) came back and were ready to fight once more? I say that will be the dawning of The Second Great Crusade.

Humanity will be brought back together once more and a golden age will come, yet again. The Emporer will take the Chapters and wage another great war against the blood gods of Chaos. The people will believe that there will be no more strife and morale will greatly rise. The people will rejoice!

Unfortunately, as we know from past happenings, the Crusade will end and something terrible will happen. The Eccleisiarchy will rebel and try to bring the Emporer to his knees. A civil war will tear the human race apart and all will plunge into darkness once more. Terra will be a great battle field, among which the Emporer will fight with all his might in protecting.

What do we, the gamers, say about this?

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 01:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer
Default Re: The Second Great Crusade

1. The emperor is mostly dead.
2. Humanity will never truly unite again.

Other wise, it would make for some good fluff...
Old 22 Jan 2007, 03:22   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

The physical body of the Emperor is dead, but the God-form of him, you know, the one that was created by the collective beliefs of the Imperium, is still strong.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 04:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Whilst there really SHOULD be a god - form, there isn't much evidence of one. All the Chaos Gods have pretty unmistakable signs that they do exist. Ie, Greater Demons, supernatural stuff happening to their servants, etc. As there hasn't really been any of that going on for loyalists, the Emperor warp entity probably isn't any kind of dominant power.

It might have something to do with the fact that the Imperium worships their Emperor as a living being. They believe he exists in the material realm, in the Golden Throne, rather then being in the warp itself.

That's all speculation though.

The Eccleisiarchy will rebel and try to bring the Emporer to his knees.

For starters, it's "Emperor". For seconds, why would the Ecclesiarchy rebel? They worship him just as fanatically as the Space Marine believe in him. If the Emperor dosen't repeat the mistake he made with the Word Bearers, they should follow him willingly and absolutley. After all, they've been preaching of his return for ages now.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 07:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, the way I see it...there are two weak links in the Imperium.

The first, and lesser of the two, is the Space Marines. They are different from normal humans, they have strange secrets, they don't think of the Emperor as a God (le gasp!) and their Brothers turned to Chaos, which is still on quite afew peoples' minds. If they break away, it would be an interesting Civil War.

The Second is the Adeptus Mechanicus. And I don't think I need to tell you the reasons behind that choice.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 11:58   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

The Mechanicus believes that the Emperor is the Omnisiah, so all is well there.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 19:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

actaully no, the Inquisition belives that the Mechanicus belives that the Emperor is the Omminissah, in reality, your guess is a good as mine, as to what exactly the Ominishaa is.

"Life liberty and the pursuit of cheese"- Me

All the tau have to worrie about is going off course, not having their souls eaten and their bodies being worn as a tuxedo to a slaughter-party

"And we shall know fear!"-honored battle cry of the SMs also known as Sissy Marines. The chapter was later declared Worthless Extrimis after crying when shot at by Orks in the chapters first engagment. In the AER (After Execution Review) Inquistor Exter said "It was just breaking my heart to see those grown marines cry."

Tau Wins: 2 Draws:0 Losses: 0
SMs Wins: 64 Draw
Bob the Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 20:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

No, the Mechanicus do indeed beleive that the Emperor is the Omnissiah, hence the AdMech following joining the Imperium in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin
As there hasn't really been any of that going on for loyalists, the Emperor warp entity probably isn't any kind of dominant power.
I'd think that the Storm of the Emperor's Wrath would be an example of the Emperor's power, as are saints and individual people such as Sebastian Thor and Saint Selestine.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 21:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd think that the Storm of the Emperor's Wrath would be an example of the Emperor's power, as are saints and individual people such as Sebastian Thor and Saint Selestine.

Touche. I'd forgotten about them.

Still, there haven't been as many incidents of divine intervention on the Emperor's part as there has been for the Forces of Chaos.

The first, and lesser of the two, is the Space Marines. They are different from normal humans, they have strange secrets, they don't think of the Emperor as a God (le gasp!) and their Brothers turned to Chaos, which is still on quite afew peoples' minds. If they break away, it would be an interesting Civil War.

Space Marines are one of the weakest links? The Space Marines (the loyalist ones) have never turned against the Imperium's best interests. Since the Heresy, their track record in terms of corruption or rebellion is better then any other organisation (except the SOB) in the Imperium. As I see it, if the Space Marines break away, it's only because the rest of the Imperium has gone mad (such as in the Reign of Blood).

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 21:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Space Marines are one of the weakest links? The Space Marines (the loyalist ones) have never turned against the Imperium's best interests. Since the Heresy, their track record in terms of corruption or rebellion is better then any other organisation (except the SOB) in the Imperium. As I see it, if the Space Marines break away, it's only because the rest of the Imperium has gone mad (such as in the Reign of Blood).
That`s true - the only "rebellious" chapter I can think of in the last 10.000 years on the fly are the Astral Claws in the Badab war.

More often, the Marines have helped overcome various tyrants (i.e. the mad Vandire).
IF the Emperor would stand up from the Golden Throne (which I doubt); I guess the Marines would follow him without question, since they see him as a human being, not as a god - therefore, they should have the least problems accepting his "new" form...
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote