Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Second Great Crusade
Old 22 Jan 2007, 21:56   #11 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: The Second Great Crusade

what about the soul drinkers, of course they would still follow the empoerer w/o question

"Life liberty and the pursuit of cheese"- Me

All the tau have to worrie about is going off course, not having their souls eaten and their bodies being worn as a tuxedo to a slaughter-party

"And we shall know fear!"-honored battle cry of the SMs also known as Sissy Marines. The chapter was later declared Worthless Extrimis after crying when shot at by Orks in the chapters first engagment. In the AER (After Execution Review) Inquistor Exter said "It was just breaking my heart to see those grown marines cry."

Tau Wins: 2 Draws:0 Losses: 0
SMs Wins: 64 Draw
Bob the Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 22:08   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin
I'd think that the Storm of the Emperor's Wrath would be an example of the Emperor's power, as are saints and individual people such as Sebastian Thor and Saint Selestine.

Touche. I'd forgotten about them.

Still, there haven't been as many incidents of divine intervention on the Emperor's part as there has been for the Forces of Chaos.

The first, and lesser of the two, is the Space Marines. They are different from normal humans, they have strange secrets, they don't think of the Emperor as a God (le gasp!) and their Brothers turned to Chaos, which is still on quite afew peoples' minds. If they break away, it would be an interesting Civil War.

Space Marines are one of the weakest links? The Space Marines (the loyalist ones) have never turned against the Imperium's best interests. Since the Heresy, their track record in terms of corruption or rebellion is better then any other organisation (except the SOB) in the Imperium. As I see it, if the Space Marines break away, it's only because the rest of the Imperium has gone mad (such as in the Reign of Blood).

But still, they ARE different. I said they were the lesser, of only two real actual links.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 22:11   #13 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
what about the soul drinkers, of course they would still follow the empoerer w/o question
They may be mutants (at least, the current generation - they seem to have found a way to reverse the mutations in their geneseed for future recruits), but they are fiercely loyal.

I think the Soul Drinkers are actually closer to the original vision the Emperor had for the Imperium than all the other Chapters - strong, clever humans who freely choose to follow the Emperor, instead of suppressed people fearing the Imperium everywhere...
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 22:13   #14 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to captain_octavain

Quote:
The Great Crusade was the pinicle of humanity. Then came the Horus Heresy and Humanity fell into ruin, but was reunited together with the help of Robute Gulliman (sorry if I spelled wrong). Now, what if The Emporer in all his shining glory came back? What if all the Primarchs which went away (Vulkan, Corax, etc) came back and were ready to fight once more? I say that will be the dawning of The Second Great Crusade.

Humanity will be brought back together once more and a golden age will come, yet again. The Emporer will take the Chapters and wage another great war against the blood gods of Chaos. The people will believe that there will be no more strife and morale will greatly rise. The people will rejoice!

Unfortunately, as we know from past happenings, the Crusade will end and something terrible will happen. The Eccleisiarchy will rebel and try to bring the Emporer to his knees. A civil war will tear the human race apart and all will plunge into darkness once more. Terra will be a great battle field, among which the Emporer will fight with all his might in protecting.

What do we, the gamers, say about this?
This Will never happen because:
A) The emperor has to be dead
B) The Inquisition would loose all of it's powers because the Emperor favor's the Astarte's and the inquisition
and
C) The Emperor would literally purge the entire imperium because of all the people interpret his ways for 'evil' to get what they want, thus making him angry.

But if he did come he prolly would have bunches of with all the Xeno's lieing around
for preserving my rights
to live and die for this life
and paying the ultimate price for me to be...FREE!
captain_octavain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 22:39   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Wouldn't the happy Tau be in really big trouble if the Emperor comes back? I think even the Eldar would have an easier time surviving then the Tau would if there was a second great crusade.

- Abdul Alhazred, The Mad Arab of Cthulhu Lore, on the subject of Chaos Tau [link]

"Zomg, teh Tau are teh evil bastardz, they suk at life."
copy and paste this into your sig if you hate Tau.

Proud member of Team CMAP - DON'T HOLD BACK- The time has come to- GALVANIZE!
Floobosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 22:47   #16 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floobosaurus
Wouldn't the happy Tau be in really big trouble if the Emperor comes back? I think even the Eldar would have an easier time surviving then the Tau would if there was a second great crusade.
I don't think so. As has been stated, the Emperor seems to have had a much more tolerant view of Xenos than that described by current Imperial doctrine. And his reemergence would likely only result in an increase in fervor, but not much of an immediate increase in technology or force levels. I think the Tau would probably get along much better with an Imperium led by the Emperor, as I assume his primary focus would be defeating direct threats like Chaos, Tyranids, Orks, and the Necrons.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 23:04   #17 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't think so. As has been stated, the Emperor seems to have had a much more tolerant view of Xenos than that described by current Imperial doctrine.

Even so, he showed absolutley no hesitation in driving them from their worlds. He never stopped his Primarchs from randomly slaughtering every alien species they came across.

He probably would go for more hostile races first, but if those threats are ever overcome, I don't think he'd have any qualms about attacking the Empire.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 23:08   #18 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
I don't think so. As has been stated, the Emperor seems to have had a much more tolerant view of Xenos than that described by current Imperial doctrine.

Even so, he showed absolutley no hesitation in driving them from their worlds. He never stopped his Primarchs from randomly slaughtering every alien species they came across.

He probably would go for more hostile races first, but if those threats are ever overcome, I don't think he'd have any qualms about attacking the Empire.
He didn't stop his Primarchs from doing a lot of things, you might remember, which is why he ended up on his fancy chair in the first place. I doubt he would make the same mistake twice.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 23:21   #19 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legio Mortis
No, the Mechanicus do indeed beleive that the Emperor is the Omnissiah, hence the AdMech following joining the Imperium in the first place.

Quote:
As there hasn't really been any of that going on for loyalists, the Emperor warp entity probably isn't any kind of dominant power.
I'd think that the Storm of the Emperor's Wrath would be an example of the Emperor's power, as are saints and individual people such as Sebastian Thor and Saint Selestine.
Actually, the mechanicus make the outsiders think Omnissah is another form of Emperor worship. Omnissah is actually a gigantic super computer on mars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
edraik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2007, 23:23   #20 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by edraik
Actually, the mechanicus make the outsiders think Omnissah is another form of Emperor worship. Omnissah is actually a gigantic super computer on mars.
Err... I am pretty sure that is not actually established. It is possible, I suppose, just as it is possible that the Omnissiah is actually the C'Tan called the Dragon. GW has left the question somewhat open-ended.