Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

An idea of how Chaos could easily destroy the Imperium and take over the galaxy.
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jan 2007, 16:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default An idea of how Chaos could easily destroy the Imperium and take over the galaxy.

Step I: Build time machine/warp thingy.
Step II: Go back in time (Stone age if you want to completly whipe it out, modern day (2000s) if they want to enslave)
Step III: Whipe out/ enslave all of humanity
Step IV: Use the time machine to bring back chaos ships.
Step V: Take over most of the galaxy.

This will completly destroy all of the imperium, though it would also take out many of the chaos marines from the horus heresy, but it would give chaos an upper hand...

What do you think of this?
Only then your life I will save
Old 13 Jan 2007, 16:16   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: An idea of how Chaos could easily destroy the Imperium and take over the galaxy.

I think you're missing the bit about "continuity errors".

Let me explain... if you go back in time and kill your grandfather, you will not be born. This means you cannot go back in time and kill him, which means he lives, which means you go back in time and kill him, but you can't because that would kill you...

Time Travel doesn't work, simply because it is filled with this sort of "endless error" phenomenon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 13 Jan 2007, 16:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: An idea of how Chaos could easily destroy the Imperium and take over the galaxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
I think you're missing the bit about "continuity errors".

Let me explain... if you go back in time and kill your grandfather, you will not be born. This means you cannot go back in time and kill him, which means he lives, which means you go back in time and kill him, but you can't because that would kill you...

Time Travel doesn't work, simply because it is filled with this sort of "endless error" phenomenon.
I did sorta mention that in my post... The chaos marines would have done their part though, and chaos and daemons would rule. But, perhaps if they enslaved humanity...
Old 13 Jan 2007, 16:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

actaully, Wargamer, i once read a study that says that to go back in time one would simply be shunted sideways into another dimension that is behind your own in the Grand Cosmic Scheme of Things (basicaly a map of everything that is happening did happen, could have happened or could happen) Therefore one could kill his/her grampa before your dad is born, but it would techinacaly not be your grampa.

Antoher theory is that Time is actaully an illusion, for example, lets say that mars is 20 light minutes away. there are three clocks that are synchronised ti the same time, one is put on mars by a ship traveling at sub-relativistic speeds, another is left on earth and a third is put on a space ship traveling at .8c, when the third clock reaches mars (in 24 minutes) it would be out of sync with the other 2 clocks (I can't remember by how much and I don't know how to work it out) , therefore Time is not constant throughout the galaxy. So all events in the past are fluid, this would bring up the Grandfather Paradox.

The only real way to tell which is the truth is to actaully try and build a time machine. Personally i think that the Multiple Universe theory is more liekly to be true, though they are not nesaccarily mutually exclusive

"Life liberty and the pursuit of cheese"- Me

All the tau have to worrie about is going off course, not having their souls eaten and their bodies being worn as a tuxedo to a slaughter-party

"And we shall know fear!"-honored battle cry of the SMs also known as Sissy Marines. The chapter was later declared Worthless Extrimis after crying when shot at by Orks in the chapters first engagment. In the AER (After Execution Review) Inquistor Exter said "It was just breaking my heart to see those grown marines cry."

Tau Wins: 2 Draws:0 Losses: 0
SMs Wins: 64 Draw
Old 13 Jan 2007, 23:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

ok... assuming that a time machine in warhammer 40k would work you dont need to enslave all of humanity... just send back a Tzeetch demon (or atleast something that would bide its time) to posses the empororer in secret before he discovers his powers.
Generally the archetype within fantasy and sci-fi is that if a character looks good, then he/she is good, if they're ugly then they're probably evil. (I'm looking at YOU TOLKIEN!!)
Old 13 Jan 2007, 23:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio-star
ok... assuming that a time machine in warhammer 40k would work you dont need to enslave all of humanity... just send back a Tzeetch demon (or atleast something that would bide its time) to posses the empororer in secret before he discovers his powers.
Meh, That'd work. :P
Old 14 Jan 2007, 02:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: An idea of how Chaos could easily destroy the Imperium and take over the gal

One problem with that plan. How exactly do you build a time machine? Neither Necrons or Eldar have been able to do it and they've been around far longer then the forces of Chaos, and have much better tech. The Warp has been known to throw people forward in time (they get lost in the warp for a day and come out 20 years later) but backwards is just impossible.

actaully, Wargamer, i once read a study that says......

How can you possibly study what happens when you go back in time?

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Old 14 Jan 2007, 17:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well rumour has it that certain points in the webway will allow you to travel back in time. At least thats what I gathered from Harlequin. Still I don't see how that could be used byChaos. Ahriman maybe but then there's still continuity errors.
That's what the new Space Marine codex relates to. Grilled puppies.

Thanks to JD for the awesome siggy
Old 14 Jan 2007, 18:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well there is the old bit of fluff that says that the Golden Throne on Terra was not originally a life support machine, instead it was a vault door sealing shut a Webway Portal that the emperor discovered (kind of like the TV show Stargate) on his very own planet. It was further tinkered from a blocking door into a device to perform experiments on the WebWay itself, for possible uses, that the Emperor himself experimented with. This was the time during the Great Crusade when the Emperor left the crusade to Horus as Warmaster, to contunie the Crusade while he returned to his WebWay studies.... which by the way, no one knows about but himself.

Things went bad, The Emperor got Crumped (woah! is that Supreme Heresy to say it that way?), and with his dying breaths, told Dorn to place him within the Golden Throne like so (possibly because his research showed him that the Throne machine/webway portal would heal/preserve him indefinately), where he remains today, for good or ill (there is a conspiracy hook here: was the emperor healed then trapped for 10000 years by the High Lords who never released him?)

OK, so with that bit of fluff laid out, the easiest way for the forces of Chaos to get their wish and bring down the Emperor is to bash down that WebWay Vault Door and get to him directly!! IF they can find it, IF they can break through. But thats one hell of a shortcut, eh?
Old 14 Jan 2007, 19:16   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae
Default Re: An idea of how Chaos could easily destroy the Imperium and take over the gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaban
OK, so with that bit of fluff laid out, the easiest way for the forces of Chaos to get their wish and bring down the Emperor is to bash down that WebWay Vault Door and get to him directly!! IF they can find it, IF they can break through. But thats one hell of a shortcut, eh?
And IF they can get past the Harlequins, who we know REALLY don't like Chaos being in the Webway.

I think Ahriman got the farthest of anyone who went uninvited.
Closed Thread